Valdosta FE SAWs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Hey all of you FE SAW guys, what are you doing the 2nd weekend of September? You need to plan on coming down to Valdosta GA for the first ever IMPBA FE record trial. The Valdosta Model Boat Club is VERY excited about hosting this event! I would really like to get the IMPBA FE records much more in-line with the NAMBA records so I would like to invite the fastest of the fast to join us Sept 9, 10 and 11.

Many of you have seen me write about what an AWESOME record trial location Valdosta is, but here are a few more words. The pond is almost 1500 feet long with the course and drivers stand in the exact center which gives just over 550 feet of nice straight run up (and slow down!) room on each end. The side we run from is almost perfectly straight, the left end is about 450 feet wide, the right end is about 800 feet wide and the majority of the straight about 400 feet wide. The drivers stand is about 8 feet off the water and actually hangs out over the pond…you have a perfect view of every part of the lake and can even feel your own roostertail as you drive down the front straight. The Pond is spring fed and is PERFECTLY clear…it’s just like looking into a 1500 foot long aquarium!

Jason and I pride ourselves on hosting very relaxed, fun record trials with tons of southern hospitality, humor and good times. All we need for a 1st class event is about 8 or 10 guys with REALLY fast boats!

Since I am not a FE boater I have been working with Don Wollard and Jay Turner. They are helping me work all of the details to make sure the needs of the FE crowd are taken care of. In fact Don and is sponsoring most of the cost of holding this event, so we are going to be able to keep the entry fees very low…if you think you may be able to make the event, give Don a call and tell him THANKS!!!! :D

I’ll post more details as time gets closer. For now put the dates on you calendar and plan to take part in what over the next few years will become the premier FE SAW event in IMPBA.

Glenn

hmmmmm might just have to try and make that one.. 12 hour drive but, that not bad

Back