Blackout (Craig Mapstone) Test Pond - Canandaigua NY

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOM DRIVER

Stopped by Craig's pond this morning - and it is a great practice pond - no close neighbors to complain about the noise (!), retrieve boat, radar gun, launching dock, driver's stand (under construction) and plenty of parking. It's less than 10 minutes from downtown Canandaigua. Met some fellow boaters from the area that were more than willing to help me and each other with any problems that arose. They were running a mix of gas and nitro boats. Looking forward to finishing my JAE 21 and seeing it run on this pond after being out of rc boating for over 20 years.

Thanks Craig for making this pond available to use - great job.

Tom & Cindy Driver

Stopped by Craig's pond this morning - and it is a great practice pond - no close neighbors to complain about the noise (!), retrieve boat, radar gun, launching dock, driver's stand (under construction) and plenty of parking. It's less than 10 minutes from downtown Canandaigua. Met some fellow boaters from the area that were more than willing to help me and each other with any problems that arose. They were running a mix of gas and nitro boats. Looking forward to finishing my JAE 21 and seeing it run on this pond after being out of rc boating for over 20 years.

Thanks Craig for making this pond available to use - great job.

Tom & Cindy Driver
Tom,

Thanks for stopping by. It was good meeting you and Cindy. The wind picked up after you left and the water got pretty rough. I cart-wheeled my JAE 21 three times!

Bob's gas cat loved the rough water and so did Neil's gas Easy-Vee. Roger's thunder boat did well too.

When I took the retrieve boat out, I noticed the island was eroding real bad. Now that the pond is longer, the waves get worse and really do a number on the island. I have decided that when my family starts swimming in it this summer, I will be shoveling the island out. I have a flat bottom row boat that I will put the dirt in and then tow it on shore with the tractor.

Last edited by a moderator:
The driver stand is pretty much done.... 9.5 feet tall, 16 feet long, and 6 feet wide.

stand.jpg

Back