Canandaigua, NY Test Pond

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The updates that are being done to Stony Pond will make this a premier race site. Have watched the progress this week of the mods and we are both excited about the races to be held there next year and in the years to come.

Tom & Cindy

Here is a vid of what we had before the improvement. This past spring. View My Video

and a pre race-- look of Craig in Ottawa this past season.
28s1w0o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Craig.

Not sure about the whole SAW and Oval timing format being added to Heat racing. The vast majority of racers enjoy heat racing. I'd suggest running regular heat racing for your first sanctioned event. Keep it simple.

Hi Randy, Yes, I know what you mean. Not sure how people would like it. It would follow what is done at the internats, but no seperate trophies. It would be something different.

Stony Pond is hosting 3 of the NY Series races that Pete has organized. The first race is middle of May. We are hoping to attract racers from Canada and other states even though it is a "NY" race. :) We have the option to add classes if there is a demand. One that we might add is 40 hydro.

I added a few more pictures to our website and the schedule so far. Still a lot of updates to the website to come.

www.stonypond.net

Hey Craig. Just checked your website. You forgot to post the Northern Lights Open race for July 6-7.

Also, are all your NY races IMPBA sanctioned races?
I'll add it. Thanks. Which of your ponds will it be at?

Assuming there are no conflicts with another D-1 race, yes, they will all be IMPBA sanctioned. I'm pretty sure Pete gave the dates to Luc. I will send the sanction paper work the beginning of 2013.

Hey Craig. Just checked your website. You forgot to post the Northern Lights Open race for July 6-7.

Also, are all your NY races IMPBA sanctioned races?
I'll add it. Thanks. Which of your ponds will it be at?

Assuming there are no conflicts with another D-1 race, yes, they will all be IMPBA sanctioned. I'm pretty sure Pete gave the dates to Luc. I will send the sanction paper work the beginning of 2013.
I can't speak for the the club Executive however, as it looks now, our NLMBC race will be either in London, ON or Toronto, ON.

Keep up the hard work Craig.

Thanks ... Randy

Craig

Are you going to pick one of your race dates as your big race or will they all be club racesand who will CD .

Trying to plan for next season.

Tim

Craig

Are you going to pick one of your race dates as your big race or will they all be club racesand who will CD .

Tim
Hi Tim,

Our "big" race that is separate from the NY Series is August 10,11. I will have to add that to our schedule. We are not sure what we are going to do yet for that race. That is the race that I was thinking of adding a twist with SAW and oval time trials on Sunday, but not sure yet. I think Luc put Stony Pond in the hat for the D-1 drawing, so if we are chosen we would have the D-1 race on our August 10,11 date.

I am getting my CD license and so are a couple others in our club. Some of the regular CD's from Elmira have stepped up to help. I hope to do most of the CD'ing myself, but I still will need time for racing. The referees would rotate on a regular basis.

Thanks.

Craig

Tim
Hi Tim,

Our "big" race that is separate from the NY Series is August 10,11. I will have to add that to our schedule. We are not sure what we are going to do yet for that race. That is the race that I was thinking of adding a twist with SAW and oval time trials on Sunday, but not sure yet. I think Luc put Stony Pond in the hat for the D-1 drawing, so if we are chosen we would have the D-1 race on our August 10,11 date.

I am getting my CD license and so are a couple others in our club. Some of the regular CD's from Elmira have stepped up to help. I hope to do most of the CD'ing myself, but I still will need time for racing. The referees would rotate on a regular basis.

Thanks.
This is what we like to hear. Count me in for the BIG Aug 10-11 race. :)

Craig, Don't forget to mention in your race flyers, that our Canadian friends can bring their sport 40's with the strut hanging off the back. The did not come to the D1 race because they knew their boats were illegal unless allowed. Tom

Craig, Don't forget to mention in your race flyers, that our Canadian friends can bring their sport 40's with the strut hanging off the back. The did not come to the D1 race because they knew their boats were illegal unless allowed. Tom
O.K. Thanks for the heads up.

I have rooms blocked off for all our races at the Canandaigua Super 8 at a reduced rate. All the races are $80 per night, except the August 10-11 race, which is $120 per night because the PGA is in town at the Oak Hill Country Club. Mention "Stony Pond" so you can get the reduced rates and make your reservations early. Below are the details. This hotel is 3 miles from Stony Pond.

Super 8 - Canandaigua, NY

4450 Eastern Blvd., off of 5&20

585-396-7224

[email protected]

www.super8.com

Stony Pond is RV and tent camping friendly. There are no camping or generator restrictions. There is RV fresh water tank refilling available for $3.00 and free grey water dumping. If you have a friend with an RV, pitch a tent and use their shower in the morning.
s45.gif

Other hotels will be added on the website as I find them, but the Super 8 is the closest, cleanest, and cheapest. There is a new Holiday Inn Express next door (585-396-3669), but the prices are double. There are many small motels in the area, but not sure about the cleanliness.

Scottish Inns in Manchester looks to be a good option as well. They are 8 miles away right off of I-90 Thruway exit #43. Phone 1-800-230-4134.

Here is where you go with your wife if a race date falls on your anniversery.
s2.gif
They are 1/4 mile away. http://www.morgansamuelsinn.com/

12/14 Edit: Our website is updated with more hotel info. www.stonypond.net

Thanks for the support guys!!

We are going to lengthen the drivers stand from 16 feet to 32 feet long. It is 6 feet wide. There will be more room for drivers and the CD/judges. We are also adding a second stair way. A January thaw allowed us to start early.... :)

newstand1.jpg

Latest posts

Back