Brandon's 4th annual Twin Rigger Shootout

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sleepy, tired, sore.....LETS DO IT AGAIN TODAY! GO FAST must have set an all time aiborne distance record with his twin yesterday...ive never seen a model boat fly that far...if only it could have landed upside up! :rolleyes:

Very cool the scores are posting on RCracingEvents seemingly as the race is going on. Someone must have an internet hookup at the site. Bill Gibson is the king of A hydro again. Gary Toops hang in there and bring home the hardware.

Mic

Yeah Britton is back in the house B) as well as several faces I was glad to see when we went and watched today Mic- lots of new faces too. Was hoping to see you and Jay too , next time ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I checked yesterday nothing was up. i just looked i am not finding the points up for this race maybe for 2010, 2011 and 2012 but not this one Robert

Rod's 2013 Fleet- VERY NICE -

Cant wait to see the 4th piece added B)

100_1475_zpsc3445fc7.jpg

I checked yesterday nothing was up. i just looked i am not finding the points up for this race maybe for 2010, 2011 and 2012 but not this one Robert
Robert I think it was only live while he was editing- I cant find the Final Results yet either- But rest assured that with Britton back- It wont take long at all ;)

obama+bowing+to+tampa+mayor.jpg

You are the man -

lmao - love ya buddy :rolleyes:

Really though , THANKS Bill, thats AWESOME B)

Was good to see you .

Great time and a great race!!!!!!!

Nitro is alive and well in FL. gets better every year.

Great competition and good people to race with.

Great job by the Brandon club keep it all going smooth good time for all.

David

Great job by the Brandon crew as always . Totally windy and rough conditions today made racing tough but we got it done !! I don't think I have thrashed this hard ever ....yeah right !!! Every race !! Always a thrash running 7 boats and pitting for others as well but this is my station in life !! :lol: :lol: David .....bring it beotch !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

thanks to all the Brandon crew , you're the best !!

Big congrats to Larry Beals with the Twin 91 VAC powered Road Runner Big Chassis running in the slop and getting it done in the Gas VS Nitro Twin shootout !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Great job by the Brandon crew as always . Totally windy and rough conditions today made racing tough but we got it done !! I don't think I have thrashed this hard ever ....yeah right !!! Every race !! Always a thrash running 7 boats and pitting for others as well but this is my station in life !! :lol: :lol: David .....bring it beotch !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

thanks to all the Brandon crew , you're the best !!

Big congrats to Larry Beals with the Twin 91 VAC powered Road Runner Big Chassis running in the slop and getting it done in the Gas VS Nitro Twin shootout !!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D
That was only the first test and tune with the long pipe and break in prop. :huh:

Id like to congratulate Stan Simpson on a B Hydro victory....im glad my boat went into great hands....way to go Stan!

Thanks to the Brandon gang for a great event. It felt good to get out and race in D3 again. The wind was crazy but the racing was great as always. This was my first time racing a twin shootout and I was doing pretty good until the rough water beat the skin off the bottom of my tub and allowed water to enter my left radio box taking out my steering. All I had to do was come around turn two and cross the line. Oh well....Better luck next time! People ask me why I run two Rx's and this is why. If I had only one Rx I would not have been able to kill the engines before it went into the weeds. Great safety feature and it saved two engines from being destroyed! A $100.00 receiver is much cheaper then $1200.00 worth of engines.

Thanks to the Brandon gang for a great event. It felt good to get out and race in D3 again. The wind was crazy but the racing was great as always. This was my first time racing a twin shootout and I was doing pretty good until the rough water beat the skin off the bottom of my tub and allowed water to enter my left radio box taking out my steering. All I had to do was come around turn two and cross the line. Oh well....Better luck next time! People ask me why I run two Rx's and this is why. If I had only one Rx I would not have been able to kill the engines before it went into the weeds. Great safety feature and it saved two engines from being destroyed! A $100.00 receiver is much cheaper then $1200.00 worth of engines.
You did mention something interesting that your bottom sheeting came off the bottom of the boat so in this case yea lucky you had 2 receivers but if the bottom of your boat never would have broke then you would have been fine if you only ran 1 RX too..

Racing is all about the luck of the draw 50/50 when your in the water that your boat might not come back..

I dont ever remember feeling so "wiped out" after a race when i got home Sunday night....had a GREAT time seeing everybody! Marty, Rod, Tom...thanks for all your help in 20 Hydro....Marty, i PROMISE to give you your "magic prop" back :) ...it worked great! Running your boat has just been fantastic! Great job Brandon Club.....ALWAYS a great time! WAY TO GO LARRY BEALS for bringin it back to the NITRO CLAN!! "Go Fast", ive never seen a boat go thru the incidents your twin did this weekend, and still come out basically in one piece....a real testament to how well Roadrunner boats are made! Perry and Randy, I was fully prepared to get my ass kicked by both of ya in Scale Hydro, but you guys didnt show up....what happened?? :lol:

Back