Another trip to K-Zoo????

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am noo expert on the tunnels,

But when you said yours is fast but dont handle the waves good.

It looks like your running a bit too loose with your boat compaired to marys. Maybe drop the motor down about 1/16th and see if that helps.

I dont know what you mean it dont handle the waves good, but that may help you some. I dont know, just a thought.

and what tunnel handles the waves well anyways?

If you went to the Inernats, none of them! But then again they had wAvEs~~~~~~~~ and with the wind on top it was a challenge for most all of them. That's why Dick Jones' old Dumas 60 did so well.

NT..

My 29" WOF does not like waves.. When you watch the video, you'll hear Mary throw hers out and the next lap by, my boat is flipping. If there was any wind that day, I was going down wind. At K-Zoo, the boat flipped when it came across waves by the other boats.

Problem most likely stems from the way the spoons lay. It was my first attempt at making a WOF boat. I've got a thought on how to fix without making a whole new boat. Should be done by the next K-Zoo run..

Mark..

OB Nut Racing: Who let this NUT behind the wheel?? ;)

Ok OBNUT,

So its in the build part of it. Didnt know, I know i was running loose like that and droped down a tad and worked great, First boat built, going to be problems im sure, live and learn.

by the looks, the other two SOL.s you built seem nice, the red one rides nice.

hey what did you ever do for a starter???

the red one has the 11cc on it right???

NT

The Red Sol. does have the 11cc on it. Still fight'n the plug issue. Raised clearance to .020 and it won't run. Need to do some moving around so I can put - trim on it. May drop clearence down a tad, maybe .015..

As for starter, ordered a new handle for one of mine from PBR.. Waiting for it to arrive. This did turn the 13cc over, but gave me problems due to the start switch.. Hope to solve that with the handle. After that, we'll see what I have to do. Most likely a 12/24v job.

Mark

OB Nut Racing.. I need some power!

I got the DVD in the mail today! I'm watching it now on the big screen, my 'puter doesn't have DVD in it.

You need to call the Solution something besides SOL, it sounds like something else! :eek:

Ron,

Glad to hear the DVD made it... Hope ya like it... As for the Solutions... I need some gold lettering cut for it.. Need " IW RULES " created for the red boat.. About 2" high..... Can ya do that???? Need 2 sets...

Mark

OB Nut Racing: Cut, Print it!!!!

wswatzell,

Sorry for the delay. I forgot I had posted on this thread. :eek:

As it stands now, I'll be coming back late summer '06. I know that's a way off but perhaps I'll be back once or twice in the meantime. I plan on running 3.5 OPC stock and mod, my bro wants to run 7.5 OPC stock and mod and we hope to run 1/4 scale OPCs in some kind of open class. : :)

anything else?

Team Snowdog: setting up for the "real thing"

I'll give Karen a call and see what we can do for you. If you want it in a certain font, let me know. I'm pretty sure that she has a regular gold but if you want to dump some bucks we can do a gold leaf!

Ron,

Didn't think about fonts.. What styles does she have? Some that I like are: arial rounded mt bold , brushmagic, helterskelter, joust, matteroffact 8), microdot, neolith, snap itc and trendy.. This I found off my email editor... How much extra is the Gold Leaf???

These will be going on my red Solution. ;D

Mark..

I called Karen this afternoon from work. She said that she can do it for you in a gold 'flake for $5.00 shipped to you. Write her at [email protected] or call her at 269-649-5880. She takes most plastic or send her a check to:

KT's

120 S. Main St.

Vicksburg, MI 49097

This is the same address as my Hobby Shop once I'm open for business.

She has a ton of fonts on her computer, OK not a ton but at least 250 different ones plus she can download more. She can match the lettering on the top of the main page.

Hey I was just catching up on the local news, and noticed that the new park (milenium park) is going to open up next week i believe the 15th, looks to have a nice sized pond. maybee a good spot for a get togeather.

-=cyslyde

ok heres the rundown on the new park... it's going to stretch between johnson and john ball parks, it has a 6 acre beech, and a swim area, next year there should be paddle boats to rent and water activites for kids, and it's got a spring fed lake. with lots of anemeties... maybe some of us gr boaters could get the jump on and see if we could use it throughout the year as a place to run. they are just completeing the first stage, but i went down with my bike yesterday after work and it looks like a nice spot.

I haven't been to John Ball Park since I was a kid! I remember the Snake house but that's about all. I saw a sign to it on the way to Wade's house last week so it shouldn't be too hard to find. I might be available Sunday if you guys want to go down there.

Rode your bike? Is the Rice Burner broke down again or are you that close?

If you can, give me some directions and when you want to go there.

The contact name to parks department is wayne Seger at 616-336-3223 not sure if they will go along with it but worth a try. Scott

Re:Another trip to K-Zoo?time to rerail!

hehe... trying to get back into shape/(quite smoking) I was riding cross town, and usually run past the hills by johnsons when i can. but i'm still savin up the $900 for the tranny rebuild on the rice burner (grrrrrr ex grrrrrr)

I think my problem lies in the swith on the boat, I'll try to get it fixed this weekend, but I don't know how soon i'll be able to play.and next weekend i'm going to be on vacation up in mackinaw

Ne ways gotta run it's past time for school, I'll try to get ahold of that park guy b4 work tomorrow, after that it's gonna be a blur for a few days cause a couple friends had bdays this week and next.

hope you guys are doing ok if you don't have power hopefully it'll be back soon.

btw is the next official trip oct 18th? and where is it going to be

We can have a Fun Run anytime anybody wants to throw one. I was hoping for something next weekend, I've got the 7.5 mono fixed again, still gotta do a little tweaking on Eric's baot and I hope to have the HH .12 and the .12 mono both back on the H20. I ordered some more stuff from Gary today to finish up the mono again. A lot of parts got scavenged off of it.

Got Electricity????

My 'official' next fun run is Oct. 18... ;) Wish I could do more with you guys :-[ But that's life ;D

Ron,

East coast is without power.. :eek: I was dumbstruck :-[ this morning when I came into work and was told that.. Was asked several times if I lived under a rock.. :) Well, that would be an improvement if I did! :D

Mark

OB Nut Racing: AC, who needs AC.. Went 5+ days without power during an ice storm :p

Spring Valley Park is out, I went up there last Saturday and it's weed choked already.

We're on the Western edge of the outage. I was at work yesterday and I thought that it was our powerhouse that went down again. Most of our power comes from there but we are connected to Comsumers Energy for mainly lighting. We spent most of the night trying to get the machinery back up. We had to reprogram all of the computers and clean up the mess that a fast outage leaves us.

Are you talking about the New Years Eve ice storm? I remember that one well. I went to a Bar about a half-hour away and it took us 1-1/2 hours to get home. We were without power for over a week and were the only ones on the street that stayed home the whole time. All of the neighbors went to Motels to stay.

Latest posts

Back