'82 Executone, and 83 Speedy Blueprinting (Blue) and 83 Miss Rock KISW Build Thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking boat!

A couple questions.....

1 - What are you using to seal the wood with before painting?

2 - What kind of paint are you going to use?

3 - What should I use when putting the frame together? CA or Epoxy? I have heard that CA is the better because it will penetrate the wood grain better and you will get a better bond.

Thanks

Joe

Joe,

I use west systems epoxy to seal the hull.

I use automotive grade basecoat/ clearcoat for paint

I built the frame with CA, then when I get the pan on the bottom, I epoxy all the framing, then continue from there.

Hope that helps, Mike

Well, its been a while since I updated the build thread, but I have beendoing work on the boats. I got magnets installed in my deck and cowling, primed, and the white basecoat with SG100 HOK layed over so I can begin the artwork. If I was making the Miss Houston, I would be close to done! lol. The other two hulls are coming along too. Enjoy, Mike

IMGP1910.jpg

IMGP1912.jpg

IMGP1913.jpg

IMGP1914.jpg

IMGP1915.jpg

Randy Naylor at BBY has the cowling. He is on OSE a LOT.

Got the Medium Blue painted last night, and added more SG100 intercoat clear, so its ready for another 600 grit sanding, and the light blue next, then the dark blue. Enjoy, Mike

IMGP1934Large.jpg

IMGP1935Large.jpg

IMGP1936Large.jpg

Also, see the other kits I have done, and pictures of a few kits in the Manufacturer/ for sale forum. Enjoy! Mike

"....Where did you get your cowl at?...."

Steve Gualtieri at www.rcboatcompany.com also has a cowl for the Master Hull Roster 8255 hull and many others - pics attached. CHEERS !!! Bob

"....Where did you get your cowl at?...."

Steve Gualtieri at www.rcboatcompany.com also has a cowl for the Master Hull Roster 8255 hull and many others - pics attached. CHEERS !!! Bob
that first pic looks like my cowl!! spooner the boat is looking great.. now I'm itchy to build mine I have.

Ok, so I worked late last night on the build. Got the paintwork done. All I have to do now, is decide if I want to paint the cockpit black, or use black vinyl. Not sure how I feel about black vinyl and its long term ability to stay glued on well. Anyways, I will be scuffing the hull again tonight, adding the decals, and doing the clearcoat. Then in a few days, I will sand the clear flat, knocking down the lines created by the vinyl graphics, then reclearing again. Enjoy, Mike

IMGP1937Large.jpg

IMGP1938Large.jpg

IMGP1939Large.jpg

IMGP1940Large.jpg

IMGP1941Large.jpg

Thanks guys. OK, got home, got the cockpit area painted black, applied decals, and added the clear. I am pretty happy right now! Now I have to decide if I want to sand and reclear to knock down any decals lines...Hard Decision, but for now.....Everyone, meet your 1982 Executone Telephones, the 1/8th scale version!

IMGP1942.jpg

IMGP1943.jpg

IMGP1945.jpg

IMGP1947.jpg

IMGP1948.jpg

Latest posts

Back