'82 Executone, and 83 Speedy Blueprinting (Blue) and 83 Miss Rock KISW Build Thread

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen some guys use Aluminum angle that is also bolted to the hull floor to give extra support.

Do people still do that? Might be stronger and possibly lighter than a super thick transom doubler?

Cheers

Bob

Its really not that heavy. The bare hull only came in at 4.4lbs, minus the top sheeting on the center former, so I have plenty of weight to spare. The reasoning for the aluminum back there is I have to do a odd rudder mount due to the extreme offset the center has. Its just one of those situations you have to deal with I guess. I could have used 1/8", but the weight savings is negligable. Mike

Well, I got a lot done this weekend. I finished doing the frameup on both of the other 8255 hulls, so now all 3 are rolling along! I also bought my first drill press so I could make a rudder mount as the Speedmaster mount is 1-1/4" tall, and I needed 1-1/16" tall, so I made one from scratch. This is my first attempt at working with aluminum, so its definately not as nice as a lot of guys would have made it, but I am pretty happy with it. Enjoy the update pics! Mike

IMGP1744Large.jpg

IMGP1746Large.jpg

IMGP1747Large.jpg

IMGP1739Large.jpg

IMGP1738Large.jpg

It includes the top deck only, not the bottom deck. It would have stuck off the top, and I did not want to shave down the bottom side as more of the blunt edges on the rudder would have been exposed. It is just an odd situation. Someone that has access to custom rudders and brackets might be able to do something better. The bend in the 4-40 rod will be fine. I have had to bend 4-40 rods before and they are pretty tough.

John, I will be doing some more work to my Executone as soon as my motor mount arrives..not sure when as they had to make it! I am also waiting on a shipment from the laser cutter with sheeting for the other 2 8255 boats. Here is a list of all I have done, and a list of the plans I had to do, or have coming. Mike

Master Hull Roster Link to cross reference numbers below Namba Master Hull Roster

Plans already on CADD:

5560P- '55 Thriftway- 1/8th scale, 1/10th scale, and 1/16th scale- (Only framing for now)

8255- '82Executone- 1/8th scale, 1/10th scale- (Framing and Sheeting)

8700- U-31 Miller High Life/ Circus 1/8th scale- (Only framing for now)

Being done now:

8701- '90 Budweiser 1/8th scale

8806- '96 Dewalt-'91 Madison, and many others 1/8th scale

203- 04 Vacationville, Jeep Chrysler, Master Tire 1/8th scale

Plans that are on the way:

5762- '57 Thriftway Too

6403- '64 Tahoe Miss

6740- '67 Bardahl- Karelson Hull

7025- '71 Pride of Pay Pak

7495- '74 U95 Turbine

8012- '79-80 Miss Bud Humpback

8025- '80 Turbine Pay Pak

8200- '82 Atlas Van Lines

9210.5- '93 Circus Twin Wing

Last edited by a moderator:
John, I will be doing some more work to my Executone as soon as my motor mount arrives..not sure when as they had to make it! I am also waiting on a shipment from the laser cutter with sheeting for the other 2 8255 boats. Here is a list of all I have done, and a list of the plans I had to do, or have coming. Mike

Master Hull Roster Link to cross reference numbers below Namba Master Hull Roster

Plans already on CADD:

5560P- '55 Thriftway- 1/8th scale, 1/10th scale, and 1/16th scale- (Only framing for now)

8255- '82Executone- 1/8th scale, 1/10th scale- (Framing and Sheeting)

8700- U-31 Miller High Life/ Circus 1/8th scale- (Only framing for now)

Being done now:

8701- '90 Budweiser 1/8th scale

8806- '96 Dewalt-'91 Madison, and many others 1/8th scale

203- 04 Vacationville, Jeep Chrysler, Master Tire 1/8th scale

Plans that are on the way:

5762- '57 Thriftway Too

6403- '64 Tahoe Miss

6740- '67 Bardahl- Karelson Hull

7025- '71 Pride of Pay Pak

7495- '74 U95 Turbine

8012- '79-80 Miss Bud Humpback

8025- '80 Turbine Pay Pak

8200- '82 Atlas Van Lines

9210.5- '93 Circus Twin Wing

Awesome Mike, I'm going to go broke buying boats. I'll keep checking for updates. Let me know when you have a buy 2 get 1 free sale! :lol:

John

Hydro, That would be great. You have any pics too?

I got the sheeting kit today, so we will see how well it works on the two remaining hulls very soon.

I am STILL waiting on my motor mount to be made, so its pushing my personal build back. Not much I can do! Mike

Got some more done. Added Carbon to the strut bolt holes to help keep the bolt from working its way into the wood over time. Easy trick to help alleviate that problem. Also put down some blue kevlar, and under it is spots of carbon where the batteries lay, and where the stuffing tube comes threw. Enjoy. Mike

IMGP1795Large.jpg

IMGP1796Large.jpg

IMGP1797Large.jpg

IMGP1798Large.jpg

'80 PAY PAK TURBINE AND '67 KARELSON HULL (MAKES '67 BARDAHL AND MANY OTHERS) ARE NOW FINISHED AND READY FOR CUTTING. WORKING ON THE '74 U95, '90 BUD AND '80 BUD NOW.

Also, I will be uploading some pics of the Executone build later today as I have the stuffing tube done, motor mounted, and got the first cowling in, so the top deck on the center former can be mounted soon! Mike

Alright, I FINALLY got some pics offloaded. The stuffing tube is finally in, motor mounted, and now the top decks are going on. This one should be done pretty soon. I will hopefully start paintwork very soon. I really want to get all the plans for all the other hulls I have drawn in as well, so that may take precedent over this build. I have about 20 plan sets now that will make over 70-80 boats when you see what sponsors each frame makes! Pretty exciting. I will be posting a full master hull list of all the plan sets I have in the manufacturer for sale area soon. Enjoy the build I hope to have it ready to put on the water soon. Mike

IMGP1815.jpg

IMGP1816.jpg

IMGP1884.jpg

IMGP1885.jpg

IMGP1886.jpg

Now we are getting somewhere. The decals from Mike Mcknight should be here in a day or two, so the paintwork can begine. Enjoy, MIke

IMGP1894Large.jpg

IMGP1891Large.jpg

IMGP1889Large.jpg

IMGP1892Large.jpg

IMGP1893Large.jpg

Back