2012 Nitro Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who do we know of who cant go to this race because their kids are in school? I have been to a couple internats, and could count the amount of school aged kids on one hand. Im just curious as to who would not be able to come because of the dates/children.

Its WAY to hot to be enjoyable in the middle of summer in Charleston. In my opinion.

My prediction is this will be the biggest internats in MANY years.

Normally I would agree on the time of the Internats but the time issue has changed a bunch all arounfd the country with schools being in session year round. Plus there have bveen exceptions in the past and it reall did not effect the attendance numbers. From a safety stand point I'm glad John and company are using common sense when they are scheduling the Internats as far as local weather conditions go. Only hope we avoid any Hurricanes at that time of the year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurricanes are in Late Summer / Fall.
Absolutely correct. The hurricane seasons for the US starts 01 June. The worst we should see is some thunderstorms but they normally do not come until late June when it gets hot and humid.

We know a decision on the race date cannot be chosen to satisfy all but we must do it for the best of all concerned. In the heat of the summer with horrid humidity is not to the best interest of the racers and the CMB club. Come if you can and we understand if you cannot. Doing it in the hot summer shall not be done.

Who do we know of who cant go to this race because their kids are in school? I have been to a couple internats, and could count the amount of school aged kids on one hand. Im just curious as to who would not be able to come because of the dates/children.

Its WAY to hot to be enjoyable in the middle of summer in Charleston. In my opinion.

From the attendance of the last few Fall Nat's. And the reputation the CMB club has made for themselves, I think you are 100% correct Gabe.. This will probably be one of the best attended Internats in recent history!

I agree that this will be one of the largest Internats in recent memory. We hope to make it one of the best too.

I need additional help to fill position for the race. Some of the positions are huge responsibilities and some not so much.

If you would like to help, please let me know by email at: [email protected]

Two of the three spots for Manufacturers Cocktail Parties are already spoken for so if you are a manufacturer and would like to host a cocktail party, let me know as soon as possible.

Also, we are seeking sponsors for trophies. If you would like to sponsor a class at the 2012 Internats, let me know ASAP.

Also, we are seeking a few more volunteers to help with logistics of the event. If you would like to help, let me know.

Marty Davis

Contest Director

[email protected]

From the attendance of the last few Fall Nat's. And the reputation the CMB club has made for themselves, I think you are 100% correct Gabe.. This will probably be one of the best attended Internats in recent history!
Yup this should be a great one and I'm proud to be a part of it from the ground up! B)

Guys,

I have been planning to attend this one, but.......

I started looking at the calender and realized that the dates proposed include the weekend of Memorial Day. This is a big holiday for alot of us. Is this an oversight?

Just curious.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

Two of the three spots for Manufacturers Cocktail Parties are already spoken for so if you are a manufacturer and would like to host a cocktail party, let me know as soon as possible.

Also, we are seeking sponsors for trophies. If you would like to sponsor a class at the 2012 Internats, let me know ASAP.

Also, we are seeking a few more volunteers to help with logistics of the event. If you would like to help, let me know.

Marty Davis

Contest Director

[email protected]
Marty, you can put me down to sponsor .21 hydro, and 45 hydro. I will also try to throw in some give away stuff too.

Glenn

Guys,

I have been planning to attend this one, but.......

I started looking at the calender and realized that the dates proposed include the weekend of Memorial Day. This is a big holiday for alot of us. Is this an oversight?

Just curious.

Thanks. Brad.

Titan Racing Components

BlackJack Hydros

No it was intentional to take advantage of some time off that a number of people get for the holiday. What better way to celebrate the Memorial holiday and the freedom we have to run these toy boats? Only the July 4th holiday would be better but it is getting too hot down south for that.

Marty Davis

Contest Director

[email protected]
Marty, you can put me down to sponsor .21 hydro, and 45 hydro. I will also try to throw in some give away stuff too.

Glenn
Will do and I will be incontact with you as we get closer to the event.

Anyone else want to sponsor their favorite class? There are a few left.

We are hoping to get the entry flyer and the posting on RC Racing Events up early so that people can get their plans made and we can see who is attending. There will be a lot of logistics to class sizes, etc that we have to deal with and it will be easier if we start accepting entries early.

Once we post the entry, DON'T WAIT as the classes will fill up fast! Get your entry in right away, to assure participation in this Internats.

Is there any word on reasonable lodging for the week?

Still on the fence about attending .

Tim K

Tim K

Tim et al,

I am working on a list of motels and will visit many to get a best rate for the racers. There is a motel that mini suites can be obtained for $189 for an entire week. Just give me a few more weeks to get it done and will announce it to all.

John

Tim K

Tim et al,

I am working on a list of motels and will visit many to get a best rate for the racers. There is a motel that mini suites can be obtained for $189 for an entire week. Just give me a few more weeks to get it done and will announce it to all.

John
Thanks John

Tim K

Tim K

Tim et al,

John
Awesome !

I will sponsor the Sport 40 class for the Internats. I will also have items for raffles, etc. that I will bring with me to the race. Looking forward to the race and helping out where I can.

Dick Tyndall

I will sponsor the Sport 40 class for the Internats. I will also have items for raffles, etc. that I will bring with me to the race. Looking forward to the race and helping out where I can.

Dick Tyndall
Dick:

That is great and I will pencil you in for that class. We will be in touch later regarding the sponsorship.

Back