2012 Nitro Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John;

What are the specialty classes for Saturday June 2nd?
Sport B Tunnel, Sport 21 Hydro, RTR .18 Hydro and Single Engine F Hydro are what is currently planned. 3 rounds of each.

The small blocks, 21 and 45's will be on Sunday & Monday. The big blocks, 60 and up, Scale and Sport D Hydro will be on Tuesday and Wednesday.

John;

Sport B Tunnel, Sport 21 Hydro, RTR .18 Hydro and Single Engine F Hydro are what is currently planned. 3 rounds of each.

The small blocks, 21 and 45's will be on Sunday & Monday. The big blocks, 60 and up, Scale and Sport D Hydro will be on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Good deal John,,, Thanks for the info

John;

if I cant make the whole show, May be can do racing Tuesday Wednesday. scale, sport 40 How about 60 mono Rick.

3 rounds for a national championship.. can it go 5?

Grim
The US-1 classes (Sun - Wed) are scheduled for 5 rounds. If there is time for the specialty classes on Saturday, before the closing banquet, we may be able to do more than 3 rounds. The entry numbers for those classes will completely determine that possibilty. No real way to know in advance.

John;

if I cant make the whole show, May be can do racing Tuesday Wednesday. scale, sport 40 How about 60 mono Rick.
I'm in Phil

3 rounds for a national championship.. can it go 5?

Grim
The US-1 classes (Sun - Wed) are scheduled for 5 rounds. If there is time for the specialty classes on Saturday, before the closing banquet, we may be able to do more than 3 rounds. The entry numbers for those classes will completely determine that possibilty. No real way to know in advance.
Got ya.. Im sure its going to be a fun race..good luck all!

Grim

The first week end will be memorial day weekend is that corect all so if iam understanding the post this will be us1 internats not just national champ is that coorect?

Pete,

That is correct on both counts. We are hoping that the holiday week may give more racers the opportunity to attend. As I understand it, the internats can only be the US-1 format. Otherwise it is the Nitro Nationals and is comprised of heat racing only with a national champion and not a US-1 champion. That is the primary difference between the two. The top 6 finishers from each class qualify for the time trial portions to compete for the US-1 title.

You can enter just the heat racing portion from Sunday - Wednesday and not participate in the time trial portions and obtain awards accordingly. You just cannot be a US-1 champion.

Last edited by a moderator:
John always knows how to peak interest in a big event. He let the "cat out of the bag" early on this one.

I presented a proposal to the Charleston Model Boat Club about 2 weeks ago which had been in development for about 8 weeks or so. Several people found out that the Charleston Club wanted to put on the Internats and it would be heat racing only. A group decided to see if we could convince them to put on a full Internats. The response, if you can get a group together and present a reasonable proposal, we will decide.

We did that and have developed a plan that will produce an Internats like days past with all events (Heat Racing, Straight-a-Way, Timed Oval and Specialty Races). I have assembled a really experienced group of people who will put this event on for you. Some of them and their areas include:

Marty Davis - CD & Co-Head Referee

Dick Jones, Asst CD & Social Coordinator with additional people

Mark Grannis, Asst CD Racing & Co-Head Referee

Stu Barr, Asst CD Logistics & Prizes

John Knight – CMB Coordinator

Terry Keeley, Asst CD Trophy Trials & Co-Head Referee

Norm Doerr & Mike Culhane, Retrieve Boat Coordinators

Gary Turner, Check In and Registration

__________ Pit Boss Coordinator

Ron Zaker, Jr, Referee Coordinator

Bob Kensill, Prize Acquisition - Under Stu Barr

Mark Bullard, Open Water Coordinator

Mike Schindler, Scoring Coordinator

Steve Ball , US#1 Award Acquisition

Bob Kensill, Trophy Coordinator – Except US1 Trophies

Dick Tyndall, Banquet Coordinator

Don Ferrette, Timing Equipment & Setup

Bill Zuber, Trophy Trials Timing – Under Terry Keeley

As you can see there are many highly experienced people who want to put this on. We are still looking for a few other people to assist. Some of the remaining tasks include:

"Wife and Children Activities" - Under Dick Jones

­­­­"Manufacturers Cocktail Parties" - Under Dick Jones

­"Transmitter Impound" (all 27 and 75 MHz)

“T Shirt Acquisition and Design”

“Class Sponsors of Trophies”

“MeTime Coordinator”

Local Media Coordinator”

“Race Program Design & Construction” if someone is interested.

“Raffles During the Week”

If any of you want to help, please contact me at: [email protected]

This race shapes up as one NOT TO MISS. Be sure to enter early, as it will fill up quickly.

We hope to see some of the old faces at this race!!!

Marty Davis

John;

Phil:

Here is the tentative schedule:

Event schedule:

Saturday May 26 Open Water 9am-6pm

Sunday May 27 Heat Racing Starts 8am (B OB Tunl, D OB Tunl, E OB Tunl, B Hydro, B Mono, D Hydro, D Mono)

Monday May 28 Heat Racing Continues 8am Day 1 Heat Racing Continued…….

Tuesday May 29 Heat Racing Continues 8am (E Hydro, E Mono, F Hydro, F Mono, 1/8 Scale, Spt 40, Twin Nitro Rigger)

Wednesday May 30 Heat Racing Continues 8am Day 2 Heat Racing Continued to Finish…….

Wednesday May 30 Cookout & Bonfire 8pm

Thursday May 31 Timed Oval Trophy Trials 8am All Classes (Top 6 Heat Race Finishers)

Friday June 1 SAW Trophy Trials 8am All Classes (Top 6 Heat Race Finishers)

Saturday June 2 Specialty Classes 8am All Specialty Classes 3 Rounds / Record Trials as Time Allows

Saturday June 2 Awards Banquet 7pm Food Served

All Race Days Mid Day Break – Special Stuff.

All Race Days Record Trials after racing, as time allows.

You can come Sunday and race through Wednesday Evening and not do Trophy Trials if you wish.

If you are a Manufacturer or Hobby Supplies Dealer or Interested Individual or Club and want to either sponson a class of trophies for Heat Racing or want to host a cocktail party on one of the evenings after an event contact me and we can discuss. These will be filled on a first come first served basis.

At an older Internats the Crapshooter and Hughey Boat Manufacturers hosted a lavish party on the order of $4,000 worth of refreshments and food. If someone wants to do that, we are all ears! Some of the "big players" in our hobby might be interested in this.

NOTE: Also, we are working on lodging for the week with a host that can provide week long lodging in the $200 dollar range for the week - 2 persons to a room. More on that later.

Some of you will remember an Internats that Dick Jones' Club hosted where he had Root Beer Floats at noon every day for the competitors. Dick Jones is my "go to guy" for all things entertainment and social, so expect the unexpected.

Many of you attend the Indy Masters in Hobart. Stu Barr and his crew put that race on. Stu is my "go to prize chairman" so expect him to out perform as usual.

Mark Grannis has attended MANY Internats and officiated several. He is my "go to referee" for the Heat Racing. Knowing Mark, he will have all of his referees on the same page and the event will be officiated superbly.

Terry Keeley probably has more experience putting on Record Trials and he is the head referee and co-cd and will put on an efficient Trophy Trials.

As you can see we have gotten the best people available and hope to dazzle everyone with this Internats.

Each of the people selected for a specific task were considered the best people we could get and wew have total confidence in them and their ability to run their task. If you want to join this group, let me know and I will see where we can place you.

Running the classes I run this would drag on for 8-9 days , can't make that program unless I can charter a boat and go fishing for a few days . Still 1500.00 at least for this deal . Looks like a great venue for those with some time though .

Will you still be able to run time trials after the trophy classes for the top 6 heat racers is over for the day?

Or will it be only for the heat racer winers?

David

Will you still be able to run time trials after the trophy classes for the top 6 heat racers is over for the day?

Or will it be only for the heat racer winers?

David

As time permits, we will run Record Trials after the days events are finished. It is not certain that the Charleston Club will be able to have the course surveyed and certified. We will see on that.

Latest posts

Back