2012 Nitro Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for the kids i dont see that many KIDS that go to the nats. We have a hard enough time keeping people in this hobby and the bulk of the people have been in this hobby for yrs so i dont see kids beenin a HUGE part of the nats
'
Thats not suprising Chris for some strange reason kids have always been an after thought in this hobby and I'm not sure why , here we have the IMPBA Internats the supposed premier event in our hobby and they don't even offer a Novice class , on top of that its being held while the kids are in school.

And people wonder why it's so difficult to get new blood in this little hobby of ours.

Tim K

As for the kids i dont see that many KIDS that go to the nats. We have a hard enough time keeping people in this hobby and the bulk of the people have been in this hobby for yrs so i dont see kids beenin a HUGE part of the nats
'
Thats not suprising Chris for some strange reason kids have always been an after thought in this hobby and I'm not sure why , here we have the IMPBA Internats the supposed premier event in our hobby and they don't even offer a Novice class , on top of that its being held while the kids are in school.

And people wonder why it's so difficult to get new blood in this little hobby of ours.

Tim K

Tim,

I guess you are not aware that there is a Junior 21 class and a RTR .18 Hydro class being offered for the race. They are not US-1 classes but are among the specialty classes. The young and beginning boaters, regardless of age, has not been forgotten.

'

Tim K

Tim,

I guess you are not aware that there is a Junior 21 class and a RTR .18 Hydro class being offered for the race. They are not US-1 classes but are among the specialty classes. The young and beginning boaters, regardless of age, has not been forgotten.
Your correct John I didn't see it listed , great to see the kids are not being left out .

Junior 21 class , is that open to anything 21 , no riggers ?

Thanks Tim K

Who do we know of who cant go to this race because their kids are in school? I have been to a couple internats, and could count the amount of school aged kids on one hand. Im just curious as to who would not be able to come because of the dates/children.

Its WAY to hot to be enjoyable in the middle of summer in Charleston. In my opinion.

My prediction is this will be the biggest internats in MANY years.
I for one am on the fence for this very reason James.

I can not warrant taking the kids out of school for a week to play with toy boats.

That being said I already have a friend who has committed to go , I can easily get the time off work and having the greatest wife in the world she supports my addiction 100%.

My biggest problem would be loading up the car full of boats to go race for a week and leave the kids behind , I guess I could sneak out in the night while they sleep lol.

I do completely understand why the race is being held when it is and I don’t expect that it be changed for the few that are in my situation but you need to know it does affect a few of us.

This race is going to be great weather I’m there our not and I would really like to be part of it , especially when I look at the names of the people running this .

It’s going to be the first class race that it should be.

Tim K

Who do we know of who cant go to this race because their kids are in school? I have been to a couple internats, and could count the amount of school aged kids on one hand. Im just curious as to who would not be able to come because of the dates/children.

Its WAY to hot to be enjoyable in the middle of summer in Charleston. In my opinion.

My prediction is this will be the biggest internats in MANY years.
I for one am on the fence for this very reason James.

I can not warrant taking the kids out of school for a week to play with toy boats.

That being said I already have a friend who has committed to go , I can easily get the time off work and having the greatest wife in the world she supports my addiction 100%.

My biggest problem would be loading up the car full of boats to go race for a week and leave the kids behind , I guess I could sneak out in the night while they sleep lol.

I do completely understand why the race is being held when it is and I don’t expect that it be changed for the few that are in my situation but you need to know it does affect a few of us.

This race is going to be great weather I’m there our not and I would really like to be part of it , especially when I look at the names of the people running this .

It’s going to be the first class race that it should be.

Tim K
Count me in as number two Tim. This is probably the last year it will be an issue but I'll have to pass as well. I have two girls 21 & 17 that still enjoy family vacations and I don't let anything get in the way of it. The oldest is in University and home the first part of May, the other is still in school till the end of June.

Like you, I can't justify taking the 17 year old out of school for a week for me to go racing. Don't get me wrong, they would come along in a heartbeat and enjoy every minute of it. They like toy boats and they like spending time with their Dad. I'm a lucky man!

So, for this year I'll take the trailer, wife and kids and go somewhere we all decide on. I know I'll be missing a great race but the enjoyment I get from the family way out weighs any hobby. Enjoy guys, hopefully there's another one coming up real soon.

Later, Ron

I really can not understand why the need to state " I can not attend because of blah blah".

This thread should be about the progress and the dedication of the few that have stepped up and took this responsibility on.

Posting that you can attend is a bonus, posting that you can not just comes across as .... well, some sour grapes in the basket.

To the core group of promoters..... GOOD LUCK !

To the core group of party poopers.... get a grip and move on, there will be another race closer to you very soon.

I really can not understand why the need to state " I can not attend because of blah blah".

This thread should be about the progress and the dedication of the few that have stepped up and took this responsibility on.

Posting that you can attend is a bonus, posting that you can not just comes across as .... well, some sour grapes in the basket.

To the core group of party poopers.... get a grip and move on, there will be another race closer to you very soon.
This^

Its impossible to please everyone, but for the sake of everyone else who IS attending, the dates work.

Ron J, if your 17 and 21 year old daughters still want to 'hang out' for a solid week at a toy boat race with their dad, you have certainly got it figured out! :D

Sorry you guys cant make it,

~ James

Last edited by a moderator:

Not sure where you get the "sour grapes" from Ron or anyone pooping on anyones party. I would really like to attend but there are other priorities in life than toy boats. Mine are with family, as I believe are Tim's. And, I didn't think my post was inappropriate in any way. If so, sorry.

Ron

Thats kinda rude

Every InterNats i have been to.... Someone did not Show up .....The Club has a Super Nice Site to race & the surrounding area has some Great Food...... Plenty of Sight seeing too.....

Not sure where you get the "sour grapes" from Ron or anyone pooping on anyones party. I would really like to attend but there are other priorities in life than toy boats. Mine are with family, as I believe are Tim's. And, I didn't think my post was inappropriate in any way. If so, sorry.

Ron

Ron VW- Really?

Ron J- Don't apologize. Keep your family first. You better enjoy those girls while you can, just like I do. Before long their own busy lives will start....... ;)

Ron S- Now, can we get back to the regular scheduled program??????........... ;)

Whew.....three Ron's. Now thats scary!!!... ;)

I am looking forward to being there. I will help were I am able tooooooo ( -_- ). Packing my Spackel Bucket and Ironing board :~}

Hoping to run 1/8th scale have not run that class for a long time. Good nite Hammer were ever you are.

Nails

John Knight and I decided to add A Hydro to the Saturday Specialty Races. Let's see how many we can get....

John Knight and I decided to add A Hydro to the Saturday Specialty Races. Let's see how many we can get....
In addition to adding the A Hydro (CID limited to a max of .129) class, the Junior Class 21 will be redefined as the Junior/Novice 21 Class and will be limited to 21 mono, tunnels or cat hulls. No riggers permitted. Both classes will run on Saturday among the specialty class group. We are hopeful that many more entries will come with these changes.

I am expecting the final announcement and the opening for the registration to the race to be open in late January to early February. Please make your vacation plans accordingly to be able to attend. There are 14 US-1 classes and 6 specialty classes running in the race with a 400 boat limit so there are plenty of opportunites for many to attend.

Every InterNats i have been to.... Someone did not Show up .....The Club has a Super Nice Site to race & the surrounding area has some Great Food...... Plenty of Sight seeing too.....
I know your favorite eating place too.... :) In fact the building at the back of the parking lot is where the banquet will be.

You need to check with Anthony Black about his favorite Mexican Place. It was one of the best Mexican Meals that I have ever had. Real close to the pond too!

We will post a lot of suggestions for people to eat, places to stay, etc. etc.

We are still seeking a few more people who would like to sponsor a class for trophies. Several classes are spoken for...

Also, there is 1 spot left for a company to host a manufacturers cocktail party one evening during the week (you provide the snacks and soft drinks). Better hurry if you are interested.

LET'S GET THIS LOCKED UP..... !!!

Still looking for some more people to take on jobs to make this the best Internats in Recent Memory.

Back