2012 Nitro Internats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Knight

Gang,

The Charleston Model Boaters (CMB) at our final 2011 club race today voted to host the 2012 Nitro Internats. We have to put together the official package to be submitted to IMPBA for approval but that is not too hard (from what I have been told). A large amount of advance planning has already been done and a great seasoned veteran team has been assembled to assist the CMB club in running this event. The dates are May 26, open water, May 27-30 for heat racing, May 31 - Jun 01 for time trials, and 02 Jun for the specialty classes and the banquet. These dates were chosen to avoid the high heat and humidity that we suffer through each summer in the south. More details will be released later and race registration will not take place until 2012.

The CMB club had quietly committed during the Fall Nationals last month to host the Nitro Nationals. However, a very strong proposal was submitted to us in support of the Internats and the the team members committed to help run the event. So we upgraded the race to the internats today.

Other CMB races for 2012 are now scheduled for:

27 - 29 April, World OB Tunnel Championships

08 - 09 Sep, District 13 Grand Prix

05 - 07 Oct, Fall Nationals

We shall be rather busy in 2012. Two spring and two fall races. We are also planning something big for 2013 too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put me in for Thunderboat, Sport 40 and 1/8 Scale all on DSM. 18466CD. :D :D :D Nitro Nats.
How did I know that YOU would be the first one to do this?? Just how??? BTW, TB does not run in the Nitro Internats! How about your 40 or 90 rigger instead?

Hello John ,I am glad you are in charge of something this big, because I know you will make sure it happens. When can I sign up?

That was (one of) the thing that got me EXCITED at the CMB boat race this year,seeing all of the NITRO guys that showed up .

That was (one of) the thing that got me EXCITED at the CMB boat race this year,seeing all of the NITRO guys that showed up .
Stan,

At the moment, Marty Davis, Stu Barr and myself are intending on heading up the race. I will be doing the race entries, opening up in 2012, and Marty and Stu will be heading up the racing portion. It will essentially be done by committee (of experts) to share the load and get the race in very experienced hands. That is what the racers deserve and is what we all want to provide.

Our first order of business is to get the final IMPBA approval to host the race. Until that happens, only planning can be done.

John,I respect your word,that is a very good group to be involved in the prep. of the NITRO NATS. Marty and Stu would make sure to have a GREAT event. If only we could talk some old timers (like myself)Jerry C. , Andy B.,John F.,Kentley P.,Ron Z.,Mark B.,Doc Turner.,Larry B.,John O.,Gene M.,Lupe P., Dick T.,ETC...to come. All I heard was "BOATS WERE DEAD!", that is not a correct statement. I witnessed some of the best boating people at Charleston Ralph,"Smokin JOE" Julian,Rick B. Tom F. Brett,Brandon E.etc. ( if i missed your name i am tired ) I hope to hear it happen.

Great news! I've been wanting to make it down your way and this is the perfect reason.

Also very happy you have decided to run the "full event" and award US1's, I'll help any way I can. :)

I'm trying to rally up the troops from Miami to go. This should be the ONE!!!.........Sounds like its going to be a fun filled time of racing. Looking forward to it.

Elias

John,I respect your word,that is a very good group to be involved in the prep. of the NITRO NATS. Marty and Stu would make sure to have a GREAT event. If only we could talk some old timers (like myself)Jerry C. , Andy B.,John F.,Kentley P.,Ron Z.,Mark B.,Doc Turner.,Larry B.,John O.,Gene M.,Lupe P., Dick T.,ETC...to come. All I heard was "BOATS WERE DEAD!", that is not a correct statement. I witnessed some of the best boating people at Charleston Ralph,"Smokin JOE" Julian,Rick B. Tom F. Brett,Brandon E.etc. ( if i missed your name i am tired ) I hope to hear it happen.
thanks for the kind words stan simpson but i have no intentions of attending sorry. Can't take that many days off work

trust me julian will be there..some how..As for us Fall Nats for sure!! nitro nats ????? we will try..

This will be an event to remember, the CMB club will see to it for sure. I'm thrilled they decided to host this event and we will be working closely with our Charleston friends to make it all come together. B)

I might have to get a seasonal Rental House in Charleston !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds very cool !
tom, if you need help with rent, count me in ;) :D !! not really, i have a home away from home on the island. john, you know me, i'll be there runnin' all the "B's".

Latest posts

Back