2012 CMB World Tunnel Championships now accepting entries!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Mrs. Jeni,

Just wanted to point out it's double listing everyones boat again.

I'm positive I dont have 2 40 boats, lol.

- Brandon
Tell Mitch and Tony I need their 2012 World Tunnel T shirt order....soon..thanks jj
Alright, wont be a problem. he said just have some for all of us. and then some.

Where can we send the check to to pay for all our boats? or can we just pay at the pond?

And apparently I have 3 of each boat now, Lol.

Thanks,

- Brandon
I am just trying to make a little extra cash for the club...hmmm 3 of each boat = money, money, money......lol

Send payment to Charleston Model Boater c/o Jeni Johnson 1122 Brick Chimney Road, Georgetown SC 29440

I am still missing a lot of payments..please get them sent for the race entries....you can pay for your t shirts at the pond. I also need a few more sponsors..can ya help a little girl out with that? thanks jj

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot... CMB gets a group rate. Hell, its probably cheaper than Lands Inn, and its closer to the pond!

David Ashmore,

Hello, this is James Beasley from D12. I noticed you have one boat on Channel 80 registered for the WTC race in D Tunnel. I have ten boats register on Channel 80 including D Tunnel. I was hoping that you could switch to your alternate freq so we will not have a freq conflict and can race each other. There are two other people on 69 as a Primary freq but neither is running D Tunnel. Would that be possible? Thanks, James Beasley

David Ashmore,

Hello, this is James Beasley from D12. I noticed you have one boat on Channel 80 registered for the WTC race in D Tunnel. I have ten boats register on Channel 80 including D Tunnel. I was hoping that you could switch to your alternate freq so we will not have a freq conflict and can race each other. There are two other people on 69 as a Primary freq but neither is running D Tunnel. Would that be possible? Thanks, James Beasley
James we will work that out when we do heat sheets. James you entered before him so you get first choice on frequency....but it depends on how many boats are in the class and how I split them up so it might be that no one has to change. Just lookedI have 32 boats in that class so it will not be a issue. No one will need to change.jj

David Ashmore does not own a computer. Jeni is right, with the number of entries we have it likely will be no problem. But if one comes up, we will get it resolved. She has it in check.

David Ashmore,

James,

If you are wanting David to switch just so you two can run against each other, let me know. He and Jimmie Shaver are old friends of mine from back when they had their Greenville club and I have their numbers. Call me.... ;)

Forgot... CMB gets a group rate. Hell, its probably cheaper than Lands Inn, and its closer to the pond!
do you really think they're smart enough to understand those advantages :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: ? c'mon randy, get real, say what you're really thinkin'........

FYI - Anthony Black did some diving Saturday during a small workday at the CMB lake and he found 2 tunnel cowls in Davy Jones locker:

1. A 20 cowl of Mic or Jays - family name decal is loose

2. A 40 cowl of Bob Kensill - 3 small holes on the left side towards the front. Obviously from getting hit.

They are dirty but should clean up fairly well after sitting on the bottom for more than 2 years +. Get with me when you arrive for the WTC race. But remember, put flotation in the cowls BEFORE you run them again. This lake is 20+ ft deep.

FYI - Anthony Black did some diving Saturday during a small workday at the CMB lake and he found 2 cowls in Davy Jones locker:

1. A 21 cowl of Mic or Jays

2. A 40 cowl of Bob Kensill

They are dirty but should clean up fairly well after sitting on the bottom for more than 2 years +. Get with me when you arrive for the WTC race. But remember, put flotation in the cowls BEFORE you run them again. This lake is 20+ ft deep.
Hey John, by chance did he find our pipe that jr lost at the fall nats over off boue 2 Mitch

FYI - Anthony Black did some diving Saturday during a small workday at the CMB lake and he found 2 cowls in Davy Jones locker:

1. A 21 cowl of Mic or Jays

2. A 40 cowl of Bob Kensill

Hey John, by chance did he find our pipe that jr lost at the fall nats over off boue 2 Mitch
No, that was all he found. He looked all around the bouys in lanes 0-5 or so around the entire course. We know that there is still stuff (pipes, an engine and a bunch of props) on the bottom among the weeds and that is what is making it hard. It is not a sandy or clean bottom. I have 2 shafts/props that I am waiting to come up from the bottom. I suspect it will be a long wait.

I am not sure if this information has been posted yet but just in case, in prep for the WTC race, the FE rules for the P adn the Q tunnel classes are simple, few and are:

P class

Hull cannot exceed 34" in length

Voltage limits are 8.4 to 14.8

Any motor permitted

Q Class

Hull cannot exceed 40" in length

Voltage limits are 15.6 to 22.2

Any motor permitted

The reference for this is contained in the IMPBA rule book, section J, Fast Electric chapter, page J-3. http://www.impba.net Thanks Doug for the reference!

Open FE class is for any FE boat that is being run a class for the race. Cannot use a "N", "S" or a "T" boat as they are not being run in the race. Open Tunnel is open to any class boat that is running in the race, FE, nitro or gas.

Good work on the cowling, thanks Anthony.

John, Question on Open FE tunnel. If you can't run an S or a T why is it just not Q class. N boats are not a real popular build. I do have an 8 cell "S" boat ready to run in open tunnel, do I leave it home? I always thought open means open and was run what you brung?

Mic

I gotta agree here, open FE should be Open FE. Not Open FE but limited to what else is already being run. Makes no sense. Why do we always try to level the playing field in an Open class?? Thats the whole point of open in my opinion, run what you brung as long as it falls within IMPBA basic requirements (max weight/size, safety stuff). I was seriously considering a S Tunnel for next years open tunnel. It doesnt say that anywhere on the flyer.

Posting a new rule interpretation 3 weeks before a race kind of negates working on a project since last November. We invest time and money pushing the envelope for what should be the ultimate tunnel event. I cannot remember ever seeing on any flyer that open was just for existing classes. Anyone else see something I am missing here?

Mic

Posting a new rule interpretation 3 weeks before a race kind of negates working on a project since last November. We invest time and money pushing the envelope for what should be the ultimate tunnel event. I cannot remember ever seeing on any flyer that open was just for existing classes. Anyone else see something I am missing here?

Mic
We have always used that general guidance of open was for any boat that was entered in the race in another class and is the way we have been doing it all along. Granted it is not on the flyer as it has generally been understood. However, if you guys want it to be an full open class, to any tunnel allowed in IMPBA, I have no problem with it. I have no dog in this fight as I am not running any open class. Speak up as to what you prefer to be run in open.

Back