2012 CMB World Tunnel Championships now accepting entries!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Posting a new rule interpretation 3 weeks before a race kind of negates working on a project since last November. We invest time and money pushing the envelope for what should be the ultimate tunnel event. I cannot remember ever seeing on any flyer that open was just for existing classes. Anyone else see something I am missing here?

Mic
We have always used that general guidance of open was for any boat that was entered in the race in another class and is the way we have been doing it all along. Granted it is not on the flyer as it has generally been understood. However, if you guys want it to be an full open class, to any tunnel allowed in IMPBA, I have no problem with it. I have no dog in this fight as I am not running any open class. Speak up as to what you prefer to be run in open.
John I put a separate thread to vote on in the Outboard section. I think more people will resond there and not gum up this thread. let me know if you have any additional info that needs to be given.

Mic

Posting a new rule interpretation 3 weeks before a race kind of negates working on a project since last November. We invest time and money pushing the envelope for what should be the ultimate tunnel event. I cannot remember ever seeing on any flyer that open was just for existing classes. Anyone else see something I am missing here?

Mic
We have always used that general guidance of open was for any boat that was entered in the race in another class and is the way we have been doing it all along. Granted it is not on the flyer as it has generally been understood. However, if you guys want it to be an full open class, to any tunnel allowed in IMPBA, I have no problem with it. I have no dog in this fight as I am not running any open class. Speak up as to what you prefer to be run in open.
John,

I am fine with running whatever anyone wants to run in Open Tunnel as long as they meet the maximum FE and nitro powerplant and hull requirements.

Mic
John I put a separate thread to vote on in the Outboard section. I think more people will resond there and not gum up this thread. let me know if you have any additional info that needs to be given.

Mic
Fine with me. I have been questioned a few times about what Open really means and we have always run it with the boats already running in the race in another class. At no time has than been different in any past WTC race and if you think about it that is correct. Now with the advent of the FE classes coming in hard, it has changed the equation somewhat. I am cool with leaving it as it was, as an open class, and that is what is on the race flyer and announcement. Much too late to try and change the race rules. We can discuss it at the race and see what the group wants to do for the future.

Mic
John,

I am fine with running whatever anyone wants to run in Open Tunnel as long as they meet the maximum FE and nitro powerplant and hull requirements.
Mic, Ron, What does "as long as they meet the maximum FE and nitro powerplant and hull requirements." mean. I'm dumb I guess. Beas

Last edited by a moderator:
John,

Mic, Ron, What does "as long as they meet the maximum FE and nitro powerplant and hull requirements." mean. I'm dumb I guess. Beas

James,

Refer to post #176 on the previous page and the FE requirements are listed. You should know what the nitro requirements and you have been fine in all of the previous races.

John

John,

James,

Refer to post #176 on the previous page and the FE requirements are listed. You should know what the nitro requirements and you have been fine in all of the previous races.

John
John, give me a call please.

Mic
John,

Max limits for Open FE

60" Length, 10s

Mic
John,

Max limits for Open FE

60" Length, 10s
****, This means I am going to have to take the hydrogen fuel cell out of my Open FE boat and downgrade!

Mic
John,

Max limits for Open FE

60" Length, 10s
****, This means I am going to have to take the hydrogen fuel cell out of my Open FE boat and downgrade!
You sound like Dick. When he found out 10s was the maximum, he went to the shop to start cutting cells out of his 12s LIPO packs with his 18" Crocodile Dundee hunting knife!!!!!!!!!!......... :D

Gang, just as a reminder the deadline for entering this race is TOMORROW, April 21st. If you are on the fence on coming, you need to get off and enter in the next day. We are exceptionally pleased that the race attendance has picked up so well from the past 2 years. But if you want to come, enter by tomorrow night, to participate in the best tunnel racing anywhere, anytime.

For the weather forecast for this weekend WTC race use zip code of 29455, John's Island, SC.

Remember that the speed limit on the gravel road coming into and from the lake is 15 mph MAX. Do NOT speed. The property owner is watching and I guarantee that!

Race setup will be the same as usual, Trailers behind the ropes, canopies only in front of the ropes towards the water. Vehicles parked across the clearing, RV's and campers in the right corner only. Consolidate space so all racers can fit in. With the quality of racers coming in this year's race should be exceptionally good. Best tunnel racing in the world for sure.

With the bad weather, including snow in the NE, this is the reason several years ago we dropped the race date back a month to the end of April and not held it at late March to early April. The weather dictated the outcome of the race and not the racers.

See all soon and safe driving to all.

From the gang here at AquaCraft Models I would like to extend well wishes and good luck to everybody at the race.

Good luck to all!

Grimracer

Thanks Mike, too bad you guys wont be there! The Atwells need more of our Nothern brethren to pick on... :)

Loading up the camper now, I will be there either 9am on Thursday morning, or midnight on Wednesday. Havent decided when im leaving yet.

Deryl is letting me tow Shane and Terry's trailor...this should be fun..they don't call me SIDEWINDER for nothing! :D

Latest posts

Back