***2008 World Outboard Tunnel Championships***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hearl, no audio clock this time. Digital with heat counter, strobe and a start camera too. No excuses and if you and the rest of your thugs want to argue then the Untoucables will throw the book and the camera at you! :rolleyes: What do you think this is, a North Florida Outlaw race? :lol:

Just to set the record straight, Otto and Hearl were at our race last Oct when we unveiled the digital clock with the photo shot linked to it. He saw it first hand for one heat when his boat was so far over the start line he was not even in the photo. He was pointing out to us that we cannot call him over if he was not in the photo. Not sure if he was trying to use the "mafia influence" or just thought we fell off the turnip truck. However, we told him who fell off the truck! LOL!! There was never a question from those guys again for the remainder of the race. Several of the starts were so close that one boat was 6" over or just short of the start line. The system works to perfection and is much better than the eye.

Looking forward to another outstanding race, the best ever.

You may need a 2nd camera at the turn bouy to identify certain boaters who's rooster tails are hard to identify.

Jerry does Rw stand for Really Wicked???,or Regularly Whipped, maybe should be Really Worried!! Also please send my luv to the hippie.

Mark Poole for your info I personally have never attended one of these NFOR meetings but I have heard many tales of such days. 24 hour eats/drinks ,helicopters landing open water all nite race all day,sorta of a marathon race of some type HUH??

Mr. Knight so very true and Might I add that we have incorporated same system at our club level,and will try to promote thru out district. Special thanks to Mr. Callahan for getting us started ion the right direction. EVERY event should have this system (JMO)..Much cleaner/closer starts also Do you speed if you know your on radar??? O.K. don't answer that mopar or jr.

And Mic what do you need a camera for? You know what my rooster tail looks like!!

WHAT!? what did i do :rolleyes: ???? although, when i first built my '73 charger, i had a 2.76 rear gear with a gear vendors overdrive unit. the wot shift fron 2 to 3 happened at 115!!!!!!!!! 85 mph came in at 1875 rpm. i betcha i coulda blowed up some radar units :ph34r: :lol: :lol: . might outrun the cop, but motorola or the helicopter WILL getcha :p . i used to have a '71 fla. hiway patrol car, bone stock plymouth fury 1, weighed 4800 lbs, that thing screamed! would BURY a cert. 140 mph speedo :eek: . i would hate to try to outrun one of the old cop cars, even if i was still young and dumb enough to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
slow down, jr.- sometimes it takes more than 3 minutes for them to pull their heads out of their butts :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeah, even i know it's spelt skeerd :lol: :lol: ! never could teach him nothing, noways........

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,

I just got a phone call from a very special, honorable long time member, of the R/C boating community about this race, Jack Garcia. He is now 81 years young and lives in the greater Orlando area and dearly wants to come to the race with his wife. Both of them are stoked (his words) about coming to the World Tunnel Championships. If his health holds up (he is in a wheelchair now) and can get help with some transportation to the race, he will be here. SPECIAL NOTE HERE GUYS IN THAT REGION TO MAYBE HELP OUT!!

He is one of the pillars of the K&B team that was so instrumental in creating many of the boat products we have been and are still using now. If he can come, PLEASE make sure he is welcomed as a man of his stature in the boating community deserves. His appearance would be such an honor for all of us, and I would be personally thrilled to meet him.

John

It would be great if Jack and Rosie could get up to the World OB Championships. I've know him for over 30 years and on most occasions crossed the finish line in back of his fine running tunnel boats.

JD

You two gentlemen are too kind. Thank you. Looking forward to hopefully being there, meeting you John, and many other boaters and seeing my old buddy Dunny Dunlap.

it would be an honor and a pleasure to meet jack. being an ex-fla boy, i think getting jack any help he needs will not be a problem. the "fla. crewe" may have their own set of issues :p , but lending a helping hand won't be one of them, in this case, i'm sure!

To meet Jack would just might be the highlight of the event to me.. I realy hope you can make it Jack.

Having said that, what to say that just because he is one of the fathers of tunnel racing that he can not be raked across the coals in our smack taking thread. Lets face it if he is going to come to the race he is an open target.

OK OK.. Jack.. If you make it to the race you better have your game face on weather your racing or not. Got new for you boys doubting Jack.. You think he was fast with a Tunnel boat! Ya aught to see him with 4 wheels under his ars..

Our new name for Jack is…

Lighting Jack

Grimracer

When I first started to race rc boats I was looking to upgrade from my lapcat 1 I talked to to Jack on the phone about Bandit tunnels. He was very helpful and I ended up running one for a few years.Hope you can make it, would be really cool to meet you.

Richie R

Gavin and myself will be there for the only purpose of Helping! Jack, it will be good to meet you and Rosie. Lets save Jack and Rosie a prime viewing spot right up front!!! Preferably a few hundred feet from the MAFIA!

Nahhhhhhhh never mind, you can hear them for several miles. :eek: :lol:

This is really cool. May I suggest we get a group photo sometime during race weekend....I mean the entire group. Imagine having that pic on your wall and being able to point out so many of these people in one picture! I know how we can get them all in the pic too.

I guess we can let the TBM in the pic too. Even some of them have left their mark on tunnel racing.........in more ways than one!

Back