World Tunnel Championship

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Rowe

Supporting Member
World Tunnel Championship at Sowega Ga.
Big thanks to the Gilleys and the Sowega model boat club.
Laurie and I had a great time, the best host you will ever encounter with the Gilleys.
A great pond ,some of the best racer in the south,maybe in the US.
If you havent raced there I encourage you to, you will not be disappointed.
Everything is First class.
Greg & Laurie Rowe

Big shout out to my lil bro Brandon Atwell for locking up a 1st place in B sport tunnel with his OS/Lynx and then also a joint SMRE Racing/Bermuda Rum Runners project with Kevin Lee taking the top spot in B mod with a Nova/Dragon combo. Probably my most fun run of the weekend came down to Kevin and I for the top spot for the weekend in the last heat of B mod and needless to say he had me on the needle with some good side by side racing for 6 laps, the ole plug just couldn't handle going any faster.

On another note, the gas tunnels are FLYING now. Huge speeds and tight competition. Biggest turnout for gas tunnels I've seen and the racing didn't disappoint. Steve Johnston I believe snagged the victory there with the boat to beat.

Thanks to the SOWEGA club for another top notch event and to Ms. Julie for the outstanding CD work and keeping the race rolling. 6 rounds of racing, whew, what a weekend. If you missed this one, go ahead and bottle up those excuses and bring it on for WTC 2022 or if you're scared, just say you're scared now(bring back the smack talk thread anybody?;))

Back