***2008 World Outboard Tunnel Championships***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topfuel443

Vendor
***The 2008 World Tunnel Champs flyer can be found HERE***

Hi guys, Charleston Model Boaters wanted to get this out as early as possible. We know its a little early in the game, but wanted to give our overseas (and cross country) travelers time to make plans for this race. This is the OFFICIAL thread for the 2008 World Outboard Tunnel Championships

Ok Guys, the Charleston Model Boaters has taken a vote and we all agree that the race dates have to change. The Easter weekend has caught us by suprise, and we feel this will have a large impact on turn out, understandably so.

The new dates for the 2008 World Tunnel Champs are: March 28th, 29th, and 30th.

This is one weekend later. We appologize for any inconvienences, but had to do what we felt was better for all. This will also allow our nothern folks to thaw out one more week and hopefully get some home practice time in before making the journey southward.

Thanks for your understanding! Charleston Model Boaters, via James Clegg

We do not have the flyer/entry completed yet, as we are still trying to determine the classes offered, as well as many other items, but rest assured, we will have a place for everyone of all experience, and all sizes of boats.

This race will be held at our new location located on Johns Island, South Carolina. This address can be used to get to the lake, it is located at the end of the road:

1673 Fernhill Road

Johns Island, SC 29455

This new location is about 15 minutes right outside of the larger city of Charleston, South Carolina. Very good opportunity to bring the family along for sightseeing, historical spots, shopping and great beaches. We will update you guys as time gets closer about hotel/lodging info.

Here is a link to google maps for an aerial shot of the end of the lake we are using. <a href="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&a....004828&t=h" target="_blank">http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&a....004828&t=h</a>

I have talked with people from all over the world who are making tenative plans, Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, Canada, Bermuda, and from all reaches of the US. Dont miss this race, it will be nothing short of amazing.

I, as a Charleston Model Boaters member, have been elected the Point of Contact for the 2008 World Outboard

Tunnel Championships. Please contact me with any questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions regarding

next years race. My contact info is as follows:

[email protected] (this is the best way to contact me)

(US phone number) 803-233-4691 (6am-4pm E.S.T. only PLEASE!)

(European Number) +49-6385-425-398

(US address)

James Clegg

PSC 2 Box 12548

APO, AE 09012

Please also keep checking on <a href="http://www.worldtunnelchamps.com/" target="_blank">http://www.worldtunnelchamps.com/</a> for updates concerning the race.

A race recap from the June 2007 IMPBA Roostertail can be found here:

<a href="http://www.impba.net/showtails.php" target="_blank">http://www.impba.net/showtails.php</a>

Thanks for the interest and support, Charleston Model Boaters, via James Clegg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry you need to move that to your gonna be there plan book for 2008. While I got you do you know what or when the article in boat modler will be out. For those of you that missed last years tunnel champs we made Boat modler magezine see there you should have been there.

Jerry, we have your spot on the drivers stand reserved... Get you butt down here. :) (PS, PLEASE dont use UPS to ship your boats back though! )

Tony, yeah what you said!

Ray, well.... we will have to see! :)

I already had the month of March cleared on my calender just waiting for the dates..... Now I know and you WILL see me there.

I have been looking forward to coming back since we left there this year. To any tunnel racer that has not gone..... one word GO

See you guys in March!!

Bill

Looks like that good old Jedi hand wave is still working aha Bill.

I would miss the Internts for this one.. Well.. OK Im not going to miss the Internats but you get the point. :blink: Best darn race of the year for us tunnel and want to be tunnel racer.

Grim

Yes Sir THE MOB WILL BE THERE, with bells on of course, promising to bring more pleasure to the gas tunnel class,Don't miss this one boys and gals,or you can just read about it again and say MAN I shoulda went to that. Would not miss it for anything.

MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE WITH YOUR CLOTHES ON FOR SURE!!!

Steve Hearl

Hey gabe don't forget bermuda. we'll be there.

hopefully there will be a new class . TWIN!

thanks shane

How could I forget Bermuda? (Ok, I did, but not intentionaly! )

BRING MORE RUM. :)

~James

Oh yeah the rum, NICEEEEEEEEEE

Btw, now we cannot ask Tebby to contact the local press........

Well I hope I can join the party at these dates.

Ronald.

Hi guys, Charleston Model Boaters wanted to get this out as early as possible. We know its a little early in the game, but wanted to give our overseas (and cross country) travelers time to make plans for this race. This is the OFFICIAL thread for the 2008 World Outboard Tunnel Championships
The dates for this race are March 22nd & 23rd 2008

We do not have the flyer/entry completed yet, as we are still trying to determine the classes offered, as well as many other items, but rest assured, we will have a place for everyone of all experience, and all sizes of boats.

This race will be held at our new location located on Johns Island, South Carolina. This address can be used to get to the lake, it is located at the end of the road:

1673 Fernhill Road

Johns Island, SC 29455

This new location is about 15 minutes right outside of the larger city of Charleston, South Carolina. Very good opportunity to bring the family along for sightseeing, historical spots, shopping and great beaches. We will update you guys as time gets closer about hotel/lodging info.

Here is a link to google maps for an aerial shot of the end of the lake we are using. http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&a....004828&t=h

I have talked with people from all over the world who are making tenative plans, Sweden, Germany, Netherlands, Australia, Canada, Bermuda, and from all reaches of the US. Dont miss this race, it will be nothing short of amazing.

I, as a Charleston Model Boaters member, have been elected the Point of Contact for the 2008 World Outboard

Tunnel Championships. Please contact me with any questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions regarding

next years race. My contact info is as follows:

[email protected] (this is the best way to contact me)

(US phone number) 803-233-4691 (6am-4pm E.S.T. only PLEASE!)

(European Number) +49-6385-425-398

(US address)

James Clegg

PSC 2 Box 12548

APO, AE 09012

Please also keep checking on http://www.worldtunnelchamps.com/ for updates concerning the race.

A race recap from the June 2007 IMPBA Roostertail can be found here:

http://www.impba.net/showtails.php

Thanks for the interest and support, Charleston Model Boaters, via James Clegg
Well boys, don't know what to tell you. After flying all that way to help my buddy Shane out with the 2007 race you can be **** sure i will be racing at the 2008 Worlds. No back seat driving this time. Let's put it this way, after attending the Spring Nats in Atlanta where i suffered some technical difficulties (my 40 Hydro never made it to the race) and a brand new 290 HTB with no engine (hadn't made it from Germany on time, nobobies fault, just the way life kicks you in the pants some times) and still managing to take SECOND overall in Sport Tunnel. Well I would have to say the wind is blowing in a new direction. Some of you may already have gotten wind of what's yet to come but this 2008 Worlds is going to be off the hook. Everything appears to be in order and if all goes according to plan you should see at least 6. yes I said 6 sets of twins. So as much as i like those MAFIA guys i think someone's gonna get wacked, and it might just be one of them. All I want to say right now is LOOK OUT FOR THE TWINS x 2 COMING STRAIGHT OUT OF THE TRIANGLE. For those of you who are not familiar with the triangle it's THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE.

See you all at the race

Terry Trott (BERMUDA)

I've got the dates down already!!! Can't wait for next years race.. Going to make sure our Canuk friend brings down a case of Canadian beer!!!!

Defiantly one of the highlights of the year, Ill be there for sure!!!!!............Mark, we will be very well stocked in that department...Hey I meant to till ya I live approx 30 minutes away from "Lakeside Park"

Talk soon....Mike

Twins???????? ,Plenty of Time to stir the kettle, Wonder what the mafia WILL bring ,UH HUH

I am like Jerry, this will be on my SOOOOOOOOOO WANNA BE THERE List, may have to put off getting a house for another year LOL

Louise will KILL me for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

Kris

PS James, does this ean you lost the other lake we rn at this year??

I am like Jerry, this will be on my SOOOOOOOOOO WANNA BE THERE List, may have to put off getting a house for another year LOL

Kris

Kris,

I am jumping in to reply to your question. We have not lost the lake and still have it for use. However, we had a great opportunity to get a prime new site, larger and deeper water lake. It is set among trees, with a high bank, a storage facility being brought in later this week and a permanent CD/driver's stand will be built. And the property (50+ acres) next to the lake is owned by a new club member who has a strong vested interest in our success. It was a rare opportunity for us and we felt compelled to jump on it. We have been working on the site hard getting ready for our invitational race in October. Gabe has not seen the site yet.

We know that all of you will be pleased with the new facility. The site is for the future and the growth expected from this race and our October one as well. The lake is located about 25 minutes from the CHARLESTON airport. I would not recommend flying into Savannah again, which is just under 2 hours away. Come into Charleston only.

John

Kris

Hey man, I don't know what you are gonna do, but you need to be there. It's gonna be HOTT. I don't suggest that you put off buying the house but you need to do whatever you can to make it happen.

You don't want to miss it but in case you do I will send you a picture of my twins aswell as my 20 boat as soon as the twins are finished.

Terry

Back