***2008 World Outboard Tunnel Championships***

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One week to go and final testing sesions in progress. Looks like the Weather Channel's 10 day has Fri & Sat (28 & 29th) at 70's for high and low's in the 50's with 10% chance of rain. Sounds like a good race weekend. Been very quiet here, is everyone ready? We have 3 Mod-Vp's ready to race. 3 45 tunnels RTR, 1 sport 21 RTR and 2-21 mods to get ready this weekend. SHOWTIME!

Mic, you must have not read the fine print. Only one brand each Mod-VP allowed (except for OMC's) :lol: :lol:
Mark,

Guess I missed the fine print. Oh well you have been wanting other Mod VP's for a couple of years and your wish may bite you in the butt. I am also looking forward to seeing what other guys have come up with. Maybe this will be the start of this class for real. Much like their full size counterparts these boats are wild and unpredictable. Tunnels are much easier to drive so those up to a real driving challenge will like Mod VP. They incorporate the worst of V-bottoms hooking and spinning out and the worst of tunnels blowing over. Once guys get it figured out we need to open it up to mod motors and make it really interesting. We will be there on Thursday so anyone wanting to make a couple laps we will give you a shot in open water. If you think your a good driver these are a real touch to turn correctly. Get the stopwatch out and we will see what you can do. Fun starts soon.

Mic

this is gonna be like waiting for xmas as a kid. the longest 4 days of my life :p , is it wed. am yet, i'm ready to head out NOW!

this is gonna be like waiting for xmas as a kid. the longest 4 days of my life :p , is it wed. am yet, i'm ready to head out NOW!

Hell, I was up at 3 am this morning ready to go, and I'm still waiting on you......and Wednesday!

If yall would just say yer scared, I might, and I mean might, show yall some mercy! :ph34r: :ph34r: B) B) B)

Some admin notes for those coming in for the race this weekend:

1. Use zip code of 29455 for the weather forecast. The week long forecast shows good weather, no rain, temp highs in the mid 70's and lows in the mid 50's.

2. The canopies and trailers may well be stacked up 2/3 deep. We will require them to be spaced very close together to allow for more density along the waterfront. Those that have gone to the spring Nats in Atlanta is similiar with that setup. Vehicles will be parked across the open field from the trailers. Be cooperative with us and each other and the race will go smoothly.

3. Driver's meeting is both days at 7:30 am. Do not be late for it as significant race information will be given to all at the meetings.

4. Excellent food service will be provided on Fri, Sat and Sun for a small nomimal fee. A more limited menu will be available on Thursday for lunch.

4. Special tee shirts and hats have been purchased and will be available at the race. Tee shirts are $15 and hats are $12. Special order on polo shirts, jackets and other items will also be available. Payment for the special orders are required in advance.

5. Race preparations have been completed. Facility construction for the new drivers & CD stands are finished. A single large pit area with canopies for the starting tables have been set up. They are required to be used. Two chase boats will be running on Sat & Sun to speed up the race.

6. No open water running until you have checked in and registered with the club first. No exceptions will be given for insurance reasons. All open water running will be tightly controlled. Clips, driving from the drivers stand and a pit man is MANDATORY at all times. Do not forget your IMPBA or NAMBA cards.

7. Watch your speed limits VERY carefully. Main Rd from Hwy 17 (Savannah Hwy) is 35 and then later 45. MANY speed traps are set up there so pay attention to your speed. River Rd and Maybank Hwy are 45. Drive safe and follow the directions on page 2 of the race flyer and you will not get lost. Signs on Maybank Hwy and Fern Hill Rd to the lake will be posted.

John

CD

Are we going to have a dock to launch from or do we need to bring boots to get out into the water with?

Mark

Are we going to have a dock to launch from or do we need to bring boots to get out into the water with?Mark
Even if they're not needed for getting boats out of the water, they'll probably be useful for wading through all that brown stuff being flung around! :lol:

Are we going to have a dock to launch from or do we need to bring boots to get out into the water with?Mark
Even if they're not needed for getting boats out of the water, they'll probably be useful for wading through all that brown stuff being flung around! :lol:
That's why Gavin wears the hip boots with Scott, it gets deep!!! :eek: :p :lol:

God I hope I get to Pit next to a Loud Mouth Yankee named Ray at Atlanta!! :D :p

Oh Sorry, I forgot this is the Tunnel Champs Thread and not the Spring Nats Smack Talk Thread.

That's why Gavin wears the hip boots with Scott, it gets deep!!! :eek: :p :lol:
Ray, have you ever heard why sheep farmers wear hip waders? :p :eek: :lol: :D

Back