2003 ACT state titles (australia)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got word the other day that the NSW state titles will be held by the Hunter Valley club on the easter weekend this year. Entry forms will be on the AMPBA site shortly.

Also, the only person on this forum who said they are going to Canberra and sent me their entry form so far is Ian. When are the rest of you sending your forms in? NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED!

Hey TB,

Welcome back man! What ya been up to?

A womp womp is a class of slot car - they are small in size and use a different motor layout! (sounds like a 21 OB tunnel don't ya think)

Tim.

Tim,

I'm still planning on coming, like i said, but i dont know when i have to start my new apprenticeship and when the money will start to roll in...well trickle anyway ;)

But i will definately know before the cut off date for the entries (what is the exact date again?) so it should be good...

Also i just realised that there are some guys in a club in central Victoria (Bendigo area) who run 3.5 tunnels, so if i can get into contact with them i will see what they think about competing :)

i think they run Maus tunnels and OS OB's...just thought i would mention it

Kris

But i will definately know before the cut off date for the entries (what is the exact date again?) so it should be good...

Kris
7th March 2003 ;D

Womps are even more primitive than Flexi-cars!!!

Gee my Koford Open with a 480/64 in a 6 mag setup makes it look pretty sad!!!

EMS Racing Yes we race slot cars too!!!

See?? Thats why Redline raceway closed in Adelaide!!! Not enough boaters racing slot cars on the off season!!!

hang your head in shame!!! LOL

oh and the conversion... 480/64 is a .480 diameter armature with 16 turns of 24 guage wire... 3 magnets on either side of the armature (instead of one) Draws about 5 amps running in on 5 volts!!!

I haven't raced slot cars for about 10 years.

Hey Craig, I've still got some flexi - car stuff at home in my garage. :pDoesn't take up as much space as boats ;D man those things were slow! especially after 12 hours in team races.

I didn't race opens - played with group 20's for a little while though.

Fun times those.

I just raced the Australia Day Classic up at Hornsby... Came 2nd in Grp 27 and 5th in Grp 7 (Open for those not Slot Car Savvy)....

Group 20 is almost dead, and Group 15 isnt far behind.

Group 12 wing (Box Stock) is looking like a good class now.

I havent raced a Flexi for a couple of years now.... Parma are up to their Flexi-4 chassis now. Dont know whether that would be better than my old Champion chassis...

EMS Racing wheels too??? what next???

I think I've got one of those old champion chassis too!

I think I've got some group 12 arm's somewhere too - they were fun in mod. flexi's.

TimD : And I thought I'd destroyed all those brain cells!

[glow=red,2,300]entries are closing soon[/glow] - if you will be attending you had better get your entry forms in to avoid dissapointment :p

Well its official....

I am stuck in Melbourne that weekend...

BOO HISS!!!!!!

Oh well looks like I have some time on my hands to start seriously building boats now... Have a little (3 to 6 month) holiday starting around now!!!!

EMS Racing too much time on his hands!!!

Craig,

Sorry to hear you wont be there... :(

Wow, 3 to 6 months holiday! Should be plenty of time to get that Hummingbird built. Maybe a Stinger or two... A Wizard. A 45 Seaducer. A 12 rigger... :p

Phew, is that long enough?

Nitrocrazed racing: There is nothing like the beauty of nice shiny stainless H-50's...Thanks Dale! ;D 8)

Craig,

Well, you could finally build those boats you always wanted to try like a 21 stock outboard tunnel and a nice big petrol mono.... :p

Nitrocrazed racing: Not enough time or money...

Entries close this friday guys.

Get them to me pronto or you will miss out.

Tim.

hmmmm well I almost do own a 45 o/b tunnel...

Gotta get the welder out onto the trailer to modify to carry all these boats!!!!

Back