2 Predator Riggers WIP

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My brother and I thought we would get back into rc boats after many years away from rc. We spotted the Predator rigger plans and decided to build ouselves each one. Well actually I do the building. The plans called for 1/8 balsa sides with 1/8th ply doubler but I decide to go with 1/8 ply sides with basswood frameing. With a 7.2V 2000mah ni-cad battery pack it weighs in at just over 17oz. The floor section in the rear where the suffing box will go I decided to add a 1/8th poplar ply doubler on the inside to add strength to the 1/32 ply sheeting. Here are the pics so far. Comments welcome

predator01.jpg

predator02.jpg

predator03.jpg

predator04.jpg

Since my last post of the pics of my rigger I now have 2 built to the stage where they need the running gear and the electronics and of course the paint. Here are pics of both riggers side by side

predator041.jpg

predator042.jpg

predator043.jpg

predator044.jpg

Very cool guys!

One comment I personally have is that the base of the rudder assembly is very narrow, that will apply a lot of force onto the screws and the area where the screws are attached. Make sure that there is a good amount of reinforcement on that area or that you get a rudder assembly that is wider on the base... I believe that is the reason that the turn fin is so weak on the new and upcoming UL-1 by Aquacraft... too much force on a tiny little area.

best luck with it, post some video!

Rigger update...well the basic hulls are done just need to add the running gear, rudder assemblies, electronis, and seal, prime, and psint the riggers. We are concidering useing the Teamorion Method 19T DW brushed motors.

predator045.jpg

predator046.jpg

predator047.jpg

Back