18.5" Micro Notre Dame

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liam Hickey

Hi guys, please forgive my lack of RC boat knowledge; but recently I have become quite obsessed with old unlimited hydroplanes. I have built a few balsa aeroplanes but now I'm breaking into the world of RC boats!

Anyway, due to restricted budget (saving for a house, getting married šŸ˜¬) I have decided to build a smaller craft and am trying to utilise gear and material I have at my disposal.

So here we are, I have Gary findlays plans for the 1/16th Notre Dame, which I have again scaled down to 81%. I am hoping to power it with either a marinized OS.10 FP or , a COX .09.

Now this is where I am abit stuck, I do have some hardware , 1/8 flex shaft and stuffing tube. But! I am quite unsure where to begin with prop selection? Also , I'm curious as to which engine might be more suitable. Obviously the Cox is just an old control line engine!

P.s electric is great too! I'd just really love to utilise these things I have already.
Looking forward to hearing your insights
Cheers
Liam

Not much selection for that size motor. Any thing you would find would be on the large size range and would need a stronger motor to pull it. Like an Octure X427. Which is the smallest they make. 1/8 shaft. Electric would be a better way to go since your gonna have more power to pull it.
Mike

Not much selection for that size motor. Any thing you would find would be on the large size range and would need a stronger motor to pull it. Like an Octure X427. Which is the smallest they make. 1/8 shaft. Electric would be a better way to go since your gonna have more power to pull it.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I shall endeavour , as I am absolutely fixed on trying to make this work if possible.
Cheers
Liam

Back