.12 hammerhead (project speed)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to see if I can describe it seeing how I don't have the CAD capability like Wade does. What I have in mind is Egg-shaped with the hole where the "yolk" would be to go around the tube, then slit from the hole to the narrow end then tapped and threaded for a small Allen-head bolt, probably a 2-56. The hole would have to be 3/16" to 5/32". A tough plastic or aluminum would work. A part like this could also help save weight for the airplane guys when they use it on their landing gear for holding the tires on.

Hey Ron, do you mean something like this? ;D

ROD_CLAMP.gif

If I could get the radius and the diameters and stuff on paper that would work. We could make a couple out of delron and see how they work.

-MikeP

Yes, exactly! I guess I could have said Pear or Avacado too. With these in a few other sizes in the neighborhood others would probably be interested.

Send it on over, I am a napkin kind of guy, but the pros like cad.

-MikeP

Are you guys talking about using the same kind of plastic they use one rudder hinges on RTR boats?

Hammer

I was talking about delrin, It's a hard plastic that machines nicely.

-MikeP

Delrin or aluminum would work, something with strength yet have some flexibility for compression. If it works, we're going to need a bunch of them, 8 per kit!

Mike, let me draw up exactly what we need, then i will email you the file. that was just a rough concept to see if that is what Ron was talking about.

I finally broke down & "borrowed" some pink foam for my bulkheads from my neighbor. He kind of scratched his head as to why I needed such a small piece (about 6" square) ;D

Here is where the hull is at now. I had to re-glue the rear 2 bulk heads after my boys broke them off. > :(

hammerhead_build2.jpg

Wade, don't forget that I do have some spare parts plus foam but it was probably easier to get it from your neighbor than to drive 50-something miles to my house.

Mine is getting there! I took it to work tonight and got some primer laid on it. The paint that I am using really stinks so it was easier to do it in a big open area with air movement. I gotta start taking some pix!

Yup it was easier to walk 50ft than to drive 50+miles ;) Yes you need to borrow your sister's camera & start taking pictures!!! ;D

:eek: :eek: Way to go Tom!!!! I have a long way to go to get mine in the water. That video just makes the anticipation worse!!!!!! > :( LOL

Would you guys hurry up!!!! This is torture! I want one... :'(sniffle sniffle. I can't sit here and look at you guys building all day. Stop doing this to me. Send me one.

Hammer

Hammer

It's pretty bad when the man that put the design in motion , has not recived a test run kit , for his imput on design approval !!! :'( :'(

That's like driving a stake through the heart !!!

" ANTICIPATION IS MAKING ME WAIT "

" squirming like a worm "

;D :p ;D

I did what Trent said on Wednesday. I put another stock head spacer in under the button head of the TR(P)-T. It was able to come on the pipe with 55 percent without zapping plugs, but I couldn't really tell any difference in the performance between the 30 and the 55. Maybe I can shorten my pipe now? Am I going in the right direction, or is my logic screwed. Let me know?

Hammer
Hammer,

Here is something I read a while ago on compression ratio. Let me know what you think.

http://rcboat.com/cr.htm

-MikeP

Basically what MartyD is saying, I should be doing the opposite.

Hmm. Maybe I should just leave it alone and run 30%

Hammer

Back