.12 hammerhead (project speed)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more shot for now. The Trinity/Picco/NR in place with an MIP pipe. We got some CF yesterday for the sponson booms in Toledo. I also got some for the turn fin spars too.

Marty, I thought that you might like that one. The color didn't come out too well in the shot, it's kind of a burnt orange with flakes in it that change colors to red, yellow and gold in the light. It's just one of the many colors that Karen has on stock. It's easier for me to weed (remove the excess material) than the solid colors but not fuel-proof so it has to be clear-coated. We will have a choice of about 20 or so colors to choose from. Wade liked the font that Mike Poulson chose so that's what I had these done in, same as in the instruction manual.

Hey Ron! How do you have the engine mounted? I see that the carbon mount doublers aren't installed. Gonna do that later?

Hammer

Yes, the CF doublers are installed, they are just hard to see in the pix. I went with a solid motor mount for this one, I made some from some hardwood that I had. This one is going to be the test bed boat and Eric will race it. Mine will have the things in it from what we learn from this one. Wade has modified the plans so Marty will get the first 2 of the revisions. No big changes from the original. Those will get cut as soon as the wood shows up, it was ordered yesterday. The owners manual is getting revised also with things that I have found to make it easier. Marty and Wade will probably have input also as they put theirs together. Wade and I looked at hot wire cutters in Toledo so our kits will come with pre-cut sponsons also. More work for us to make it easier for the buyer. The only foam that will be needed for removal by the buyer will be the Hammer cut area, no big deal.

The Big Brown Truck just showed up! I got the hardware from Gary! He forgot the prop though. Got some thrashing to do to get this thing in the water. I hope the weather co-operates. 82 yesterday and now they're talking about some cold nasty stuff again!

Rats, Drat and expletive deleted! I went to the basement to start putting the hardware on and guess what? For starters, the rudder arm is on the wrong side! The strut that I got isn't made for a 3/16" flex cable! Time to make a long-distance phone call! I might go with the DPI rudder that I have, don't know what to do about the strut, I'll see what Gary has to say.

Steve, it you haven't gotten yours yet, you might want to call him also.

(The edit, Part Deux) Called Gary, he's going to get me the right strut ASAP and told me about the mod to the rudder. He cuts off the arm and puts on a 1/2 A airplane arm. Heavy sigh.

(The edit, Part Trey) Had to call Gary again! Guess what? I've got too much stuff on my work bench! I grabbed the wrong strut, one that I had for my mono that has a 1/8" drive. I gotta quit doing this with almost no sleep. Worked 11-7 last night and have had about 2 hours sleep since. :-[

Gentlemen, we have ignition! I got the hardware hung and the linkages all set up, servos mounted, etc. after hitting the LHS for a few parts this morning. Went there to get a few Dollars worth of stuff and spent almost $40.00. Not too bad, went there last week for screws and dumped over $80.00! It looks like it's ready to hit the Toxic Pond as soon as this stoopid weather figures out what it wants to do. 2 days ago, 82 degrees, it's now 46. Yes, I did fire it up in the basement, my wife was gone. Ended up by doing a pipe swap to an old Paris pipe, it worked great on my mono.

I'll take the Camcorder to the pond on it's Maiden voyage.

Eric will probably be driving it most of the time. I will be doing the videotaping and watching how it performs.

Well, it looks like today is the day! I'm driving up to Grand Rapids to Riverside Park to give it a toss to see how she runs. I'm bringing a camera and camcorder and Wade is grabbing his Digital camera and camcorder too. He'll probably have pix posted by the time that I get home tonight. Wade might be leaving work early today so that he can meet me there and is bringing along his boat also. I will probably drag at least one more along but we'll be concentrating on the HH .12. Wade, you're not looking too good, you might have to go home early! ;D Must be that fever that hits this time of year, it's spreading all over the northern climes! Cabin Fever is over!

LOL YUP, I think I am comming down with a bad case of Nitro Fever!!! ;D See you at the pond!!!, that is the only cure there is! ;D

Back