.12 hammerhead (project speed)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a guy in canada helping me with laser cutting the firefighters....

I learned that you need a real expensive laser to go bigger than 12x24....i think this guy is 48x48???

anyways remember what i did..... laser etch the logo on the tub side!
Hi Tom

I live in Canada where are you getting the Laser cutting done? Would he do 1 at a time like scales etc.? Purchased your prototype. Still not finished, still collecting parts to finish. Do you have a good recommendation for a very light strut and rudder? How's your's doing? And Boat business?

Karl

[email protected]

i kinda doubt he would do a simgle run. it is a pretty extensive setup i guess?

i used the speedmaster hardware on mine. I really had a hard time deciding what to use. the speedmaster stuff is a little overkill but i really did not like the smaller electric stuff.

Put it this way, my sister's laser cutter, the 12"x 24" one cost her a shade over $18, 000.00. Wade looked into a used I think 24"x24" and it was $28,000.00!

Marty, I might just have to get with Tom in the future and hold a "Grudge race" to see how we do against each other.

there is a chance that the dupage rc boat club will have a .12 rigger class at lake ida on june 29 if enough people will do it.

Tom! Looks like we need to get busy and make some of our boats available soon, so people will have time to get them together before the race. I wonder if Don T is interested in racing his boats?

Hammer

Hammer,

Chicago is only 3 hours away and I just might be able to get there. However, Tom is such a nice guy, I'd really hate to embarrass him with

the blazing speed of my new RIPTIDE-12. ;D

I'm expecting at least 35 mph. : :)

35 :p . You'd be better off playin' with it in your bathtub ;D. Give yer rubber ducky some competition : :)

It would probably go a lot faster if you would take them darn candles off the sponsons. C'mon Don! Numbers is the important thing. Get out there and give 'em hell.

Hammer

i'm sure youll do better than that! but in reality if gary preusse brings his we all will be embarrased!

Gary told me that his is not a rough water boat, whereas the Hammerhead .12 can take some. That would be the only chance we would have against him. I would love to see the design that he offered to Dumas to kit, but they said that the .12 class boats weren't popular enough! Little do they know! We have 2 others near me that have a design also, built a little different from the norm with the fuel tank over the CG. I was supposed to be sent the plans but haven't seen them yet. It was previously an electric record-setting boat.

June 29th huh? I think that I am off that weekend! A week before the Internats though.

Attention! Attention! New event forcasted.

Rigger Joust!!!!

Objective is to remove opponents sponsons.

I wouldn't wanna play chicken with Don's rigger :eek:Ouch!

Those panels look solid as rock!

Hammer

Unfortunatly, when Gary or Glenn say not rough water boats it probably means they'll have to hold them back to under 75mph. ;D

;D

Another step down. now i just need some CF plate so can finish the hull up

hammerhead_build4.jpg

I got the hint, i'll have some for you on Saturday along with the other things that I have for you. You ought to be really zooming on it Sunday! It's really coming along well. I'll go out to Karen's tomorrow afternoon and pick up some of the decals for the kits also depending on some other things. My Mother is in the Hospital now and isn't doing too hot.

Hey Ron, I wasn't trying to drop any hints about anything. honest!

I am very sorry to hear that your mom isn't doing well. I hope things improve for her soon. I will drop you an email of the things I need to complete my boat it is a really short list. I can’t wait unit Saturday!!

You guys have fun in Toledo. Say hi to everyone for me.

I wish that I could go, but....

Hammer

Looks like it's going to be a fun ride for my carload! Raining like crazy right now and it's supposed to turn into freezing rain tonight! I told you that they always hold the show on lousy weather weekends.

Got some decals cut tonight with the same font that PJ designed.

Finally! As long as I had some shots left on the toledo roll, I took some shots of the HH.12.

Marty, here's your fuel tank!

Latest posts

Back