.12 hammerhead (project speed)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pull-start housing back-plate. If you plug up the hole with JB-WELD I guess you can make it work as an engine mount...

OS,Traxxas, Pico and Novarossi all sell engine with pull-starts so theoretically you could use the rear plate on those as an engine mount.

Eric Perez

The part I have is a adaptor plate to put a electric starter on an standard .12 engine. I plan to open up the hole in the center to reduce weight and bolt it to the engine leaving the original backplate in place. Then use the outer holes to mount it to the bulkhead (similar to the FF.12). One could even put rubber groumets in the bulkhead mounting holes to reduce vibration.

-MikeP

Well it is official; we are going to make our test run this Sunday at 3:45 pm EST. We will let everyone know how it goes. ;D

Good news! The wood for the trial cutting came in yesterday and we will be doing the first cuts Sunday afternoon. Hopefully Karen will have her digital camera with her so that we can get some shots of what's going on. She will be cutting some decals for the boat this week so we should have shots of some assorted colors to show. I'll try to have the photo's on by around 5:00 PM so check in!

BTW, this will be the first time that Wade and will finally meet face-to-face after numerous e-mails and phone calls.

:eek:

Hey Ron you work too hard!

Let me know what you think about the hardware deal.

I got the HH.12 up to 94km/h with a 215 that I had Mr. S. Tweak for me. I also was able to lean my engine out more than before. I though I was at the limit, but It doesn't seem to be starvin' for oil now. Sounds like a whistle when it's running. Still runs like it is on rails. I can pull hard rights at full speed, no problem.

Hammer

Sure did Don! The 215 and the 220 that I have keep the transom from bouncing. The 937 bounces a lot. Especially when the water has ripples. I think the 937 might be okay if you didn't have rear sponsons.

Hammer

"OK" Hammer,

Attached is my newest .12 in the works with two different sets of sponsons.

I call it the "SHARK HUNTER"!

Just kidding Hammer ;D ;D ;D

Don

Don,

It looks nice.I would run a Prather 215 on those little

.12 motors.Has anyone tried the Siro .12 motor yet?

I know a world racer in cars and he presently has

about 5 MPH on his closest competition.They really

turn the RPM's.Great Job Fellas on the .12 Riggers ,I

can't wait to get one so I can test out some props.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund :)

PROPS-4-U

You guys are driving me crazy with your cool looking boats.

Tom was talking about making a site just for the .12s. He's asking if anyone is interested in getting it going. I think it would be a good idea. I would love to do it if I weren't such an idiot with the puter.

Let's see.. We have Don's boats, My HH.12, Eric Perez'es, Tom's FF.12,

MikeP has one in the works. We have the Gillmanator .12 SAW.

I totally agree with you on the 215 Mark. I haven't tried any of the exotic Octuras yet except the 937, but I think the 215 is the best starting point for these boats.

They really behave, and they really kick it up when you have your engine tuned right. I have used a 220 that was cut down, but it dogs when you come out of the corner, and the top speed isn't that great. 215 Is what I will be using, and I will get a few more of them to play with.

Hammer

Don, I like the name! It's kind of a "Snake vs. Mongoose" thing. When I get mine done and the ice thaws, I'll go to the pond armed with a bunch of props, a lot from my 3.5 tunnel days plus some Octura V937, V940 and whatever I think it might need for it.

I'm looking closely at that Sirio also but might just rip the Trinity/Picco/NR out of the mono for now. Trinity also has a nice 180 degree header and pipe for that Sirio.

Hammer,

Have you tried to pitch up that 215 yet?If you didn't

live so far away I would send you a H-4 to try.Shipping

is around $9.00.I guess I can afford that, I will send

you one Hammer.I need an address Hammer.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund :D

PROPS-4-U

Mark, I might have to try one. I'm not that far away either, just about 130 miles down I-94.

"OK" Hammer,

Attached is my newest .12 in the works with two different sets of sponsons.

I call it the "SHARK HUNTER"!

Just kidding Hammer ;D ;D ;D

Don
Wow don that looks nice! The black tub sides makes it look like a hummingbird.

now did you get the carbon/foam carbon/balsa or is it the fiberglass/foam fiberglass/balsa?

i'd make a 12rigger.com but i really have enough websites to maintain as it is!

Ron,

I saw the sirio 12 & outlaw some where for 139.99. I'll try to find it again and post it.

http//www.Sheldons Hobbies.com/

Sirio 12 139.96 -- Sirio 12 Outlaw 147.96

Tom,

I used the ACP-1/8" FG/Balsa. It is very very stiff and doesn't need much support. The sides will look beautiful with a coat of clear. I'm thinking of just staining and sealing the wood and then a clear coat over all. I might use Mikes method.

When I coated the outside of the FG/Balsa to smooth the surface out it looked like a gloss black hole before I sanded it. Even though it is 40% heaver than 1/8 LP, I think you can build lighter with it because of it's strength.

Well people, we did the first cuttings yesterday and things are looking good! With a few minor adjustments on the plans and to the laser cutter we spent about 4 hours messing with the hull. Wade took some pix so you might see them yet today.

Marty, you wanted a small boat? We accidentally did the first cuts and the sponsons came out about 1" long!

Back