Abusing the CD's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Hagan JR

At a recent race I went to, never in my life have I seen so many people yell at the CD's. I have never seen it that bad before in my entire time in this hobby. And I don't mean being loud I mean yelling, screaming, cursing. While spectators are watching. I had a great time but I think something needs to change. If you can't have a civil conversation with the cd then I think your day of racing needs to end and pack your stuff and leave.

I think the Cd's can eject the perpetrators from the race or from the heat.

The great thing about spectators is they could be future contestants but with those kind of attitudes from racers why would they and worse if there are children around.

Sad, Just Sad!!!

If you have a problem with a call that has involved you it is best to get the CD off to the side to discuss the issue! You know the CD does not have to stand on the stand for the entire race the callers/judges call the races as they see it and the fairest way they know how.. There is no excuse for yelling at the folks on the stand just suck it up and take a deep breath you may change your own opinion??

Later!!

Pat

The Broward Club here on there list of everything for a race has added swearing and foul language will get you ejected because of children and women around. Now if every club added that or maybe NAMBA added that we would not have these problems, use to be big down here in South Florida

A sport 40 heat I was in had a lot of action and was hard to tell where people finished so the yelling starts on who passed who and so on.

I didn't want to be a part of it:

I just said whatever place isn't accounted for, give me that,which was 4th I think.

At the end of the race I looked at the points and that heat didn't even matter and I got 3rd overall anyway.

I was proud of myself for walking away and even happier I placed.

Funny how things work out!!

Tim

Simple solution, don't tolerate it!
default_wink.png

It should not be tolerated because there is no need for it!! IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A HOBBY and we are supposed to be having FUN!!!!!! If you think you are perfect then you should be calling the race or a least take a turn at it!!

Brad

At a recent race I went to, never in my life have I seen so many people yell at the CD's. I have never seen it that bad before in my entire time in this hobby. And I don't mean being loud I mean yelling, screaming, cursing. While spectators are watching. I had a great time but I think something needs to change. If you can't have a civil conversation with the cd then I think your day of racing needs to end and pack your stuff and leave.
You make it CRYSTAL CLEAR at the first days drivers meeting such behavior is not allowed and will not be tolerated. They get ONE warning then ejected from the ENTIRE event (as in pack up your stuff and leave) if it happens again. If they refuse to leave you call the local constable and have them removed. If someone is ejected from an event for unsportsmanlike conduct that gets filed in a report to the IMPBA office for possible further action. Section S subsection III-

III - CODE OF CONDUCT
A.General
All IMPBA members and /or contestants are responsible to conduct themselves in a manner
consistent with the concept of good sportsmanship; to wit, a person who plays fair and conducts
him/herself in an acceptable fashion while participation in IMPBA events. The use of alcohol or illegal substance and/or the abuse of prescription drugs while participating in an IMPBA race or sanctioned event is considered unacceptable conduct.
B.Conduct
If, during an event sponsored by IMPBA, it is determined by the member in charge of said event that
a contestant’s conduct falls below the acceptable standards as set forth in these rules, that contestant
is subject to immediate disqualification from the event and is further subject to a suspension of all racing privileges for a period of 30 days, or more, to include a lifetime suspension. The Director of the
event is required to immediately inform the IMPBA President in writing of the action taken.
The IMPBA reserves the right to deny membership to any individual that has, at any time,
demonstrated unsafe boating practices, been suspended, or banned from another boating
organization for any amount of time, or for any reason.
C.Appeal
1. If a contestant is sanctioned as a result of the rule as set forth above, he/she shall have ten (10)
days to file a written appeal with the Board of Directors. If such an appeal is filed, the Board is
required to hold a hearing within ten (10) days if possible, but under no circumstances later than
fifteen (15) days from the date the appeal is received.
2. In order for the sanctioned contestant to invoke the appeal process, it is required that the appeal
be in writing and setting forth the appellant’s grounds and any witnesses to the event in question.
3. Once received, the Board shall immediately designate a member to preside over the
investigation. This member is required to contact the Race Director who filed the sanction for a
written response to the appeal. This response is to set forth in their entirety stating the reasons
for the entering of the sanction, and witnesses to support the charge

Last edited by a moderator:
Again. Just like in the real world. We have rules in place but they are not enforced. The United States of Me!

I was at a NAVIGA race in Norway, 2006. One contestant got angry and flipped the bird to the judge. The competitor was disqualified for the rest of the event, 10 days of racing. The judge told me that model boat racing is a gentleman's sport and if you are not a gentleman, you have to leave.

I was at a NAVIGA race in Norway, 2006. One contestant got angry and flipped the bird to the judge. The competitor was disqualified for the rest of the event, 10 days of racing. The judge told me that model boat racing is a gentleman's sport and if you are not a gentleman, you have to leave.
What? No in your face fist swinging, yelling & cursing like on tv?

Imagine!
default_laugh.png

I agree 100%. I was highly embarrassed by the way some of my racing buddies acted. This is a family sport and should be treated and respected as such. It's a shame that grown men have to act like that.....This is something we do for fun.....Let's keep it that way !!!!

Put me up top on the box. U swear or scream at me and you better hope you hold onto all your teeth. It is a hobby. All be it a intense hobby but it is what it is. Get over it or go race lawn mowers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its lack of respect.. for the man or men undertaking running the event.. completely.. the call... IS THE CALL... deal with it.. if I'm over I race and enjoy the challenge to catch up... my bad... idk.. its gone to pretty serious anymore up on the stand... the fun is gone... you guys race em... Mike

I have to agree, yelling, swearing, arguing and all that crap isn't needed. When I'm up turn judging, I call it and if the one running the heat doesn't agree, he overrules me and it's done and over. When I'm driving, if I get a call against me, I've normally deserved it. Kind of goes back to the people that are there. Are they there to win at all costs, compete and try to win or just there to race? I've found that the people in the first group are usually the one's that get riled over a call

Now I'm not perfect and I understand that some calls are bad and people get angry but man. I thought the GAS NATS was bad but this was by far the worse yelling at the CD's I have ever seen.

Having been out of the hobby for 20+ years and just starting up again, and having been CD at several 1980's Internats, I haven't seen any problems so far. Mind you I have only been to a few races this year.

I had a few people argue with the calls from the judges stand but we stood firm and no one had to be DQed.

With that said, I believe the general state of affairs in the USA has to do with the character and morals of the public. They have gone downhill drastically in the last 10-20 years and are getting worse. Do what you want and no

accountability. It starts at the top, our leaders do outrageous things and not many get called out for it. BAD examples for the rest of us. If I ever get pissed enough to abuse a CD, I will move on to some other hobby. At my age, its just not worth the " AGITA"

For those that volunteer to be a CD. I thank you!!!! Stand up there and make the calls. I dont even care if they are right or wrong. Make it and I will back you up. Thats the job. Hell he could tell me the grass was purple and it would be right. Thanks to every one of who has step up. Without them, where would we be. I have CD my share of events, most are easy. But there are those that get a little crazy. Let the CD/judges figure it out before you all start the yelling. We are here to have fun.

Mike

We find at our Can-Am event that being fair, firm and consistent nips many "discussions" in the butt.

That, using a starting line string, and really, really trying to keep track of who finishes where...
default_wacko.png

Back