Abusing the CD's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't worry Drew, I'm on Pat's here (-; Just sayin' he mighta hit the intended target(s) dead center!!

Last edited by a moderator:
And are you saying the names that Pat called out are the trouble makers? That list of boaters are a very old boaters of IMPBA. And I have never seen none of the cause any trouble at a race.

And are you saying the names that Pat called out are the trouble makers? That list of boaters are a very old boaters of IMPBA. And I have never seen none of the cause any trouble at a race.
Not at all, Mark! I took Pat's post as 2 entirely separate statements. 1 paying tribute & respect to those mentioned & 2 saying that the troublemakers (an entirely different group) should get just 1 warning, then bye, bye.

Well that is fair. I for one and many others understand what happens. But a CD can make a bad call. But I do see very bad CD's or should I say the acting CD that is on the stand. Because it may not be the CD. And I may make a some calm comment if I receive a bad call but I will not bash the CD of the moment. Now I will watch for the rest of the races and I see this kind of same action comes out of the CD stand then I may let it pass for that year and the next. But if these kind of actions are all I see at for the next couple of years the fun meter go down. So therefore this host club has no product to sell me anymore.

Mark,

I have tears in my eyes!! Does this mean you accept my apology as explained from a different view than mine? You and Doc have been troubadors of toy boats for as many years as me or more I have known you guys since the '80s and swapped paint and walked away friends so we are on the same page!! I feel better now!

Later!!

Pat

I always thought that Larry Beals was a great CD.......even if I didn't always agree with his calls.....I remember one time in Brandon, I was Pitting for GO FAST in an open mono heat, Tom was lined up perfect, I thought he absolutely NAILED the start.....Larry called him early...I turned around and looked at Larry(shouldn't have done that to begin with!) He looked me right in the eyes, and in a rather loud voice said.....YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT??.....I said NO PROBLEM HERE!!
default_laugh.png
:lol: Larry is a GREAT guy...but HE DONT TAKE NO CRAP FROM NOBODY!
default_ohmy.png
default_tongue.png
default_biggrin.png
:D!!

I always thought that Larry Beals was a great CD.......even if I didn't always agree with his calls.....I remember one time in Brandon, I was Pitting for GO FAST in an open mono heat, Tom was lined up perfect, I thought he absolutely NAILED the start.....Larry called him early...I turned around and looked at Larry(shouldn't have done that to begin with!) He looked me right in the eyes, and in a rather loud voice said.....YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT??.....I said NO PROBLEM HERE!!
default_laugh.png
default_ohmy.png
default_tongue.png
default_biggrin.png
getty_rf_photo_of_group_beer_toast.jpg

I have seen cd's make a bad calls and it happens. What I have a problem is disrespect. Some cd's disrespect racers and talk to them like they don't mean crap. I understand the CD of the race is in charge but also some let that power get to there heads. Also when a cd makes a decision and he's influenced by other racers in the heat to their benefit and others that are not even in that heat that's also not a good thing either.

I seen a boat not hold his lane hit another boat on the start that individual thru a tantrum the turn judges did not see it and neither did the CD and the CD DQ the boat he hit. after the race that same racer that got out his lane came to the racer that got DQ and said I know it's my fault I did not hold my lane. in my opinion if the CD or turn judges did not see it happen they should never DQ a boat base of the information from others.

I can go on and on. That's why I stayed away from boating in general we go to a race to have fun and enjoy racing our toy boats but when you get disrespected and talked down like your a POS that's uncalled for. Im not going to name race sites or individuals. But there's (2) sites you could not pay for me to attend a race.

We don't get paid to do this it's strictly for fun. But when you see a bunch of grown ass men about to fight and act like little kids. CD's talking to you like you don't mean **** and think their God that's when the fun stops I pack my **** and leave.

For the most part the racers are the ones giving the CD hell but sometimes it's the CD disrespecting the racers.

Julian

Last edited by a moderator:
My thing is everyone that wants to be a CD should take a test so they know the rules, IMPBA has that format why cant NAMBA have it or each district

default_laugh.png
default_ohmy.png
default_tongue.png
default_biggrin.png
I made that mistake ONCE - and it was handled in the same fashion Windex
default_wink.png

ps -get your stuff ready for Sept.

Back