Abusing the CD's

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doug and Rick,

I'm all behind what you are saying but as we know it's not just Gas or Nitro or any thing else you have Buttheads that just don't play well with others?? They don't even have to be boaters to disrupt racing activities I seen a fellow locked in the Porta-Pot till the law showed up in 1989 was it?? Maybe '86?? I know CD's can not control this kind of stuff but it can happen and change the entire feeling of the event!!
That was at the '89 Internats in Slidell, LA.

What an idiot, high as a kite.
default_dry.png
I am sorry but I find that funny...
default_laugh.png

you should see how some of the precious 'top' RC Car racers act (offroad)

Man, they think their **** don't stink

I explain to people... "If you race a long enough you will get your share of bad calls work for you and your share of bad calls that work against you. Now let me add this... Always be the guy that keeps a cool head and you will see more work for you than against you.

CDs have thick skins. Most will let a little complaining go on but there is a limit. They know that it is a heat of the moment thing. Even though most drivers cool off after a few minutes does not make complaining loudly on the drivers stand ok. Seems like everyone on the drivers stand is a CD.

Does the CD miss calls? Sure. Do they get calls wrong? Of course but 99% of calls are correct. Jumping up and down and yelling because you are called over or have a lane infraction called on you is just plain bad sportsmanship. It's only a bad call if the call is on you. I have never seen a CD reverse a call on a guy that was over because he said he wasn't so why do they continue to do it?

Guys seem to forget that every call a CD makes is a judgement call. He is the supreme being at a race and is disrespected regularly by racers. Makes me wonder why anyone would want to take on the job of CDing a race. They give up their racing so the rest can run their boats and have a good time. Good time? I wonder about that sometimes too.

We all need to think about how we are acting at a race. We are there to race our boats and have a good time with racing friends.

We always thank the guys in the retrieval boat but we need to thank the CDs. Without them all we have is mass mayhem.

The Broward Club here on there list of everything for a race has added swearing and foul language will get you ejected because of children and women around. Now if every club added that or maybe NAMBA added that we would not have these problems, use to be big down here in South Florida
It's not just in board all district 3 events have the same rules and our district president supplys the clubs with signs that have been posted in the pits at all events this year..

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess what i was getting on saying Broward they are the only ones i have seen enforce the rule so far, i refuse to go to any Miami races any more because of all the fighting and yelling and CDs just sit back it needs to be enforced at all races

Every sanctioned event is a product for a contestant to buy. If your product has flaws less people will be a return customer. Each club's reputation is at risk if they allow their race to become ugly.

I enjoy attending races with a familiar theme. A solid and proper driver's meeting supported by consistent judging as explained in that driver's meeting. When the calls are not made I'll give your club a few years to get it corrected or not.

Lastly, best practice is for the adrenaline filled racer to refrain any respectful inquiry after all boats are done running. It is also the duty of the judge to properly and respectfully explain or educate the contestant.

Respectfully.

MG

R/C boat racing Rocks!!!

We have Great CD's and Great Contestants!

We have better race facilities, better race boats and closer racing than ever in our history!

SMILE and ROCK ON! :)

Every sanctioned event is a product for a contestant to buy. If your product has flaws less people will be a return customer. Each club's reputation is at risk if they allow their race to become ugly.

I enjoy attending races with a familiar theme. A solid and proper driver's meeting supported by consistent judging as explained in that driver's meeting. When the calls are not made I'll give your club a few years to get it corrected or not.

Lastly, best practice is for the adrenaline filled racer to refrain any respectful inquiry after all boats are done running. It is also the duty of the judge to properly and respectfully explain or educate the contestant.

Respectfully.

MG
Pushing the Like Button..........................

Mark,Gary and Andy,

I have known all you guys for many years and respect you views on many issues and this one is something that has more than once gotten out of control?? If you have caused a problem in the past and you start your crap one more time somewhere else "BAM" your outta here!! maybe that way they will get the message and entry fee is "NOT" refundable!!

Later!!

Pat

By my last statement I mean if you are a known trouble-maker and your reputation precedes you well "You only get ONE STRIKE" If I offended anyone I apologize!

Later!!

Pat

By my last statement I mean if you are a known trouble-maker and your reputation precedes you well "You only get ONE STRIKE" If I offended anyone I apologize!

Later!!

Pat
Pat if you offended anyone, they are probably who you are talking about !! (-;

Later!!

Pat
Pat if you offended anyone, they are probably who you are talking about !! (-;
Easy on him Rrrobin , he's one of the good guys , but you knew that-
default_wink.png

He may say I only have 1 strike right from the get go if you get him going,
default_laugh.png

Its easy guys and gals- Unless you have been in the stand and made calls-

RESPECT the person making the calls and handle yourself properly or spend a day doing it and get back to me.

Toy Boats ladies...................

I love my rockets-
default_cool.png

Latest posts

Back