XM hinge pin givin' up already

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Wyss

I put my Top 7 port on a XM lower and while bench running I noticed it was loose in the pin area. I have only used that

lower less than half a season since new. Its a little early for being wore out ain't it? I have taken it apart and back together but still the same,, anybody else have this?

dubster

Last edited by a moderator:
I put my Top 7 port on a XM lower and while bench running I noticed it was loose in the pin area. I have only used that

lower less than half a season since new. Its a little early for being wore out ain't it? I have taken it apart and back together but still the same,, anybody else have this?

dubster
J Dub, Not that familiar with XM's or any outboards-but used to drill and countersink a small hole in the K&B's @ the pin and shoot a little grease in there every time I ran em-no need to split the halves to grease the pin.

Glenn

Jerry is it missing the little shims??

If not is the mounting plate that's warn not the pin?

Sounds sus but

Haha your a funny man

mine have a little movement... And they aren't that old.

What have you been doing to the shaft??? Lmao

Haha your a funny man

mine have a little movement... And they aren't that old.

What have you been doing to the shaft??? Lmao
yeah it's a little movement in mine too but it shouldn't be there. You won't have that crap in a TT till its very old.

Didn't really notice until I had the 7 port on there bench running and had to hold a less dangerous

part of the o/b to keep it from sounding like the Battle of the Short Circuiting Bands :angry:

When you do up the bottom 2 bolts that you use to adust the motor angle, 'pinch' the top and bottom brackets together while doing up the screws, this helps take out the slack in the vertical movement of the assembly and also stiffens it all up.

Kris

When you do up the bottom 2 bolts that you use to adust the motor angle, 'pinch' the top and bottom brackets together while doing up the screws, this helps take out the slack in the vertical movement of the assembly and also stiffens it all up.

Kris
Ah, I gotta answer,, way to Go Kris! He smart :D

Latest posts

Back