WOF Buildup process

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OB NUT,

What type of glue do you use when attaching spoons to center section?

Ed.r

OB NUT,

What type of glue do you use when attaching spoons to center section?

Ed.r
I used West Systems Epoxy on the four that were sold. Wanted a slow cure time to make sure the spoons didn't move during this critical time. I'm happy with each boat on how they came out. On the one boat I'll keep, 30 min epoxy was used since I was comfortable with the process being used.

Mark

Nice job.

As a proboat builder you should make your signature in there, like:

Specially built for R.... by OBnut.-or something like that. :lol:

Ronald.

Thanks all for the comments. Can't believe this was started in mid Nov... Could have had this completed earlier, but needed some breaks to get away from it all....

Pics have been moved to new site: WOF Build page

A link has been provided on the orginal page...

Ronald, actually I did think of that. Figured one or more of these will be painted. That would negate the sign.. Maybe next time...

Mark that is a beautiful sight, really well done. Wish I had that sort of building skills :D

Jerry, a car engine??? you actually got it done already? how about posting some pics of that, sounds really awesome!! :blink:

Mark that is a beautiful sight, really well done. Wish I had that sort of building skills :D

Jerry, a car engine??? you actually got it done already? how about posting some pics of that, sounds really awesome!! :blink:
Not quite done yet, no. This O.S. engines specs are "claimed" 3hp @ 28,000 but

it is a 5cc engine. In my Club we have a "Open Tunnel" class which it will run in.

The idea for even using this engine came from Tim Duggan,,I checked it out as

much as I could on the internet, but in the end it's a "buy it and try it" decision.

The bolt pattern is close but there are other "machining" issues. It's in the hands

of one of the best "job specific" manchinist in the country,but he may deceide not

to do it too. Finding a machinist to do this kind of work is really the "tough nut"

of this kind of venture.

Told ya O'l Mark builds a mean boat ;) :D

Nice and clean, Excellent work Buddy!

Gener B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Mark

They look GREAT!!!!

I'm Glad I got in line quick enough, to get the last one for sale.

I Will be showin off some of the wood sheeting when I finish mine.

Nice Job, Dave :D

OBNUT,

How do you go about making a removeable radio box?

Ed.R

The new site is up WOF Build . I've broken the process into seperate pages. 170 +/- pics just didn't work well on one page.

Ed, there is a page that deals with building the removable radio box. During the Center Section build, it must be built with a removable radio box in mind. Believe all the latest plans JD has put out come with this in mind.

David:

david.jpg

Jerry:

jw.jpg

Ronald:

ronald.jpg

Slider:

slide.jpg

Mine:

offset.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OB Nut please waigh your 29s an 34s when complet

thank you Marty

an thanks for all your time an info
Marty,

Are you looking for boat only or ready to run (san fuel)??? My current 29" 3.5 WOF is around 4.5 lbs RTR w/o fuel. There was 2.5 oz added to each tip while building.

wof.5.jpg

Weights are:

Gene: 1.61 lbs (no weight)

Jerry: 1.94 lbs (2oz spoon tips)

David: 2.08 lbs (3oz at cg)

Ronald: 2.47 lbs (6oz at cg)

Mine: 2.31 lbs (4oz at cg)

34" : 3.32 lbs (8oz at cg)

That is just boat with radio box. Boats have not been sealed. That will add some extra weight to them.

Thank you Mark that's what i was looking for

how will you seal them more pictures

would you send me your phone # would like to talk an what times to call

Marty

The four sold ones will have be sent as is. This will allow the buyer to seal as they please. If any of them need to be sealed, let me know. Mine will be sealed with West Systems epoxy. Might just clear coat the boat since I don't know what this offset will do to handleing. :huh: Think it's going to be fun :D

this one was getting down the line should keep it up how were these boat finished an an has any been run yet when we get ours done i will weigh them an have been taking pictures hope to send to mark an hope i am worthy really like building this way

thanks again mark for your time

Marty ;)

First boat sent out today. :ph34r: Others will be worked on this coming weekend. :)

Marty, glad to help out in any way...

Back