WOF Buildup process

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkScott

Hopefully this will help others with building WOF boats. In another thread, stated I was working on five 29" WOF's. Pics will be loaded several times during the build process on this page: WOF Buildup

OB Nut

There great pixs I'am sure they will help out alot.Keep them coming

Ed.R

Mark,

Don't know what business you are in but it seems that otherwise the hobby is getting out of hand.

Nice site with those pictures that tell a thousand words.

I am almost ready to buy a wof for a .21 O/B. :D

Ronald, the obnut from the Netherlands.

Mark, cool site dude... I keep forgetting about it. now its under favorites...

~James

This is a bit out of hand for sure.. Just finishing up two 34" WOF's and now starting on five 29".. I've got to be NUTS for OBs :p :D

One boat will be heading to Jerry. Another will be setup for EP, Kelly Brooks wants to try one out. Other three will be looking for homes at some point.

Just got done glueing the side pieces to the foam.. 08:00 am and it's time to hit the hay... :rolleyes:

KEWL Beans Dude :D

I think I just got hooked here ;) Is the one with "No weight added" Spoken for? :ph34r:

Gener B)

PM me with details if ya like....

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark,

Where are you getting the 2 inch foam ive tryed lowes and home depot no luck.

Thanks Tom

KEWL Beans Dude :D

I think I just got hooked here ;) Is the one with "No weight added" Spoken for? :ph34r:

Gener B)

PM me with details if ya like....
Gene, there'll be a PM shortly.. Eating lunch!

Mark,

Where are you getting the 2 inch foam ive tryed lowes and home depot no luck.

Thanks Tom
Tom, got it at Home Depot in Frankfort Ky... Thought they all had the same items..

Mark..

Wow,,Very Impressive Mark,,I would have considered a big job just settin up the"WOF Buildup Page" :lol:

Wow,,Very Impressive Mark,,I would have considered a big job just settin up the"WOF Buildup Page" :lol:
Thanks Jerry... And for the web updates -naw, I do them while at work :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just don't tell my manager :D

:eek: Killer work mark wofs an site is blue foam the same as pink

is micro balloons the same as silica

more info on cheese grater is it from old Lady's kitchen

starting to cut out plans to make templates for 4 wof 28 30

an 2 34 wofs how come the center section is not offset like 2830s do you know if not how bout it Jerry is the new 7.5 offset like you got plans from Jerry d an now he comes out with some thing new seams like i all ways end up with hind tit

thanks mark keep it up as long as the old lady will let ya

Marty

OB Nut,

Great work . Do you know if you can take the plans for the 28/30 WOF and just lengthin them to make a 34?

If you have any tips on that it would be great.Thanks

Ed.R

Marty,

See I can answer these for ya..

is blue foam the same as pink - besides the color? Thnk they are the same. The pink foam I got from HD has groves cut at 16" wide. Guess this is to allow the foam to be easily split to specific sizes. My first WOF was built with gray foam.

is micro balloons the same as silica - Believe so..

more info on cheese grater is it from old Lady's kitchen - Off hand, don't know the real name for it.. It's used in the auto repair shops. Use it for removing hardend bondo.. Ok, the tool is from Stanley and it's a SURFORM. I'll update the web page with that information.

starting to cut out plans to make templates for 4 wof 28 30 an 2 34 wofs how come the center section is not offset like 2830s do you know if not how bout it Jerry is the new 7.5 offset like you got plans from Jerry Jerry, step in here.. I'm only building :lol:

and now he comes out with some thing new seams like i all ways end up with hind tit Can't help ya there :lol:

thanks mark keep it up as long as the old lady will let ya Glad to help out.. What ole lady?? She left a few months back..

Thanks for the comments Marty.. More to come...

OB Nut,

Great work . Do you know if you can take the plans for the 28/30 WOF and just lengthin them to make a 34?

If you have any tips on that it would be great.Thanks

Ed.R
Ed,

Thanks for the comments. Since I don't have the 28/30 plans, not really certain. I'm sure they can be streched, but here's what I do know.. The 34" is different from the 29".. For the 34", the spoons are wider and deeper and the center setion is also wider/deeper.. Save the headaches and wait for JD's new 34" plans. Bet they will be worth the money spent.

Hey Mark, while the WOF post is goin Id like to throw a few questions at ya, and anyone else that would like.... has anyones testing shown the relationship of the center section to the spoons father forward or aft affect the ride /handling of the boat? ie; beside actually changing the COG a little? how about slight changes in tunnel height? optimum height? Mark, do you think making the front former aerodynamic and have you tried various shapes to increase/decrease lift or down force? has anyone experimented/results from having the motor inset into the rear of the spoons/center section and what was the desired result? ( a la aeromarine preditor) ? JD...... I know you know the answers..... anyone? thanks mike larson..... test bed for the the new M.S. line of tunnel boats.....

Mike,

Wish I could help out with those questions.. Basically I follow the plans and specs as supplied by the designer, JD in this case.. For the 29", there are two AOA's specified. One for stock (oppss, SPORT!) or mod.. I haven't felt the wild hair yet to change this or that as far as aero is concerned.

And be my guest to ask any question in relations to building tunnels. Any thoughts/ideas might just make it to the next build off..

20+ more pics added to the page: WOF Buildup. As I left for work today, the spoons are 95% done. Only the front tip needs to be glued on and then final sanding. These pics will be in the next update.

The center section will be worked on next. The center side pieces have been cut and shaped to size. Went down to create the transom center section only to discover no 1/8" ply long enough to do the job.. Didn't have enough 1/32" ply to cover the center section top/bottoms either. OOPPPPPSSSSSS... A hasty call to Lone Star Balsa was made. Wood on it's way...

Latest posts

Back