WOF Buildup process

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark

I am glad to be one of the happy few to own one of these in a short time from now.

Sorry that I live overseas otherwise the new owners had to make a little wof-race with different engines, setup etc of your build boats. (forget the namba and impba rules for this one). Would be interesting.

Very nice job and nice site Mark. I hope you still know which boat goes to whom.

Ronald
Ronald,

That would be great to see all five boats running against each other... And you'll have to add APBA to those tossed out rules for Gener... :rolleyes:

I cringe thinking of making a mistake doing the last step of joining the spoons to the center section... :( Each spoon has a special code on them so they don't get mixed up.

Way Cool! Man thats perfect ;)

Hehehehehe There is a few changes in tha dims on mine too :ph34r: :p

Thanks for tha pic Mark,

Gener B)

Mark!

MOST EXCELENT!!!!!!!! :D

Look's Great!

Allready have some cool new stuff orderd for mine.

MAC 21, Lawless, Hi-jacker mount, still thinking on what pipe I want.

Dave

:D OB Nut you have bean very busy lately on your sit it is looking very much like a boat very nice

started on my 4 28-30 wofs an 1 34 wof you have definitely been a great help have you or any one used Gorilla glue had a hard time with 2 part epoxy on how much to mix up first time didn't have enough so quick mix up some more then had a great plenty left over looking for some thing easier

Marty

More pics/comments added to the page> 29 WOF Build

Marty, believe Butch, (aka Waterbug) has used Gorrilia glue instead of epoxy. Do a search within the outboard thread and certain you'll find it. I've wasted some epoxy by mixing too much. Generally I've been lucky not to waste a lot at one time. Guess that is why I use West Systems with a slow hardner. Gives me time to mix more incase it's needed.

What I dislike is what happened to me. Working on the 3rd radio box and ran out of thin CA.. :angry: Guess not enough pre-planning went into this project. :( Guess I'll need a new project manager :lol: My LHS is not so L....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mark, Would it help if I said I had two radio boxes?

One was made for me by Mr. Jim Hill and I replaced it with my

own made out epoxy/glass sheets I make up for stuff.

Jerry,

It would only help if the boxes you have would fit the hole. Since this is a custom made boat, would think it highly unlikely what you have would fit. It's not stopping me, I did make it to the LHS on my way into work today. Progress will continue on the build...

Dave
Dave,

Mine is running a MAC 21, Lawless lower, PBR mount, Grim tank, Garcia pipe and a b/s X440 prop was radar'd at 49 mph. A Cooper pipe showed up today and waiting on delivery of a SPP pipe with a few other props from Props-4-U.. Will need to wait for solid to turn into liquid before testing can resume. A custom 10 oz Tanks-2-U will be added to make sure the boat will finish a heat.

Mark,

Excellent photo documentary of WOF construction. The "Ol' WOFmister" is thinking you're close to earning your journeyman's grade for WOFing.

JD

WOW.. I'm speechless... All I can think of is: I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.. :lol: Hhhhmmmm, now if I'm heading into journeyman's WOF'n grade, can I charge double? :p

Thanks JD, means alot to hear this from you...

Jerry,

It would only help if the boxes you have would fit the hole. Since this is a custom made boat, would think it highly unlikely what you have would fit. It's not stopping me, I did make it to the LHS on my way into work today. Progress will continue on the build...

Dave
Dave,

Mine is running a MAC 21, Lawless lower, PBR mount, Grim tank, Garcia pipe and a b/s X440 prop was radar'd at 49 mph. A Cooper pipe showed up today and waiting on delivery of a SPP pipe with a few other props from Props-4-U.. Will need to wait for solid to turn into liquid before testing can resume. A custom 10 oz Tanks-2-U will be added to make sure the boat will finish a heat.
Hey, Mark

Have you tried, X-637, X-640, or X-642?

Just wondering, if you had, and to what end.

Dave

Props tried so far are S215 (stock was at 44.7mph), Grim X1440, cut down X442, X440 with tips removed and the X440. Best so far was the s/b X440. I have picked up a X640 but have yet to try it. On order with Props-4-U is a ABC 40x53 among others. I'll be trying more once the water thaws..

Props tried so far are S215 (stock was at 44.7mph), Grim X1440, cut down X442, X440 with tips removed and the X440. Best so far was the s/b X440. I have picked up a X640 but have yet to try it. On order with Props-4-U is a ABC 40x53 among others. I'll be trying more once the water thaws..
Hey mark

I've had good luck with X-637, but not sure it will work with this motor, boat, combo,

Just a thought.

Dave

I like the rad offset idea with dropped floor too ;)

Ahh yes Grasshopper, You must become one with the sawdust :D

Gener B)

And just to tease Jerry a little bit :D

jw.jpg

His is the first to have spoons glued to center section. Should get one more done tonight before snooze'n time.

More pics will be posted this coming weekend. Some how, MS Photo Editor disappeared off the 'puter. :ph34r:

IZat mine of one? :lol: :p Gee it's got the straight across leading edge thingy,

izat thinkin' outa the box stuff right there?

Sure look's smoooth,,think that one will be a Calipitter one too :blink:

(Caterpillar) Diesel Power, don't 'cha know,,guy's gotta like dem

hot buttered rum thingy's :)

Naw, those are special ride pads created just for you :D Kinda like training wheels :huh:

Naw, those are special ride pads created just for you :D Kinda like training wheels :huh:

OUCH!!!!! That would have hurt!!!

Err... actually I wouldn't mind one of those, training wheels and all :lol: :lol: Nice job Mark, looks really good.

I'm in the process of moving all the pics / description over to a new site. All the pics have filled up the one site while I still need to add more. Hope to have that done this weekend.

After some final touch-ups, two boats will be mailed out while the other two require cowls to be built. Pics of that process will be done also.

To tease you all, here are the completed boats.

1821.jpg

Ronald: top left

Jerry: top right

Gener: bottom middle

David: bottom right

Mine: bottom left

ooOOooOO,,,BITCHENnnn :lol: :lol: ;) Gawd! Dem's Perdy :D

Looket the Off-set in that one in the lower left,,,ahhmmm,, dat's

gunna bite'chu boy :lol: :p

that one on the upper right is gonna have to handle the power of a

OS 30 VG-P car engine on a TT lower,,that's gunna take some lead :eek: