WOF 28/30

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My spin on the MikeP method is to apply heat to the resin with a hair drier before wiping it off. It makes the west systems resin thin out. I also use an old t shirt instead of paper towel. Once it has cured properly,scraping with a razor blade gets rid of any high spots. Repeat whole process again. Then it's a case of prepping it for paint.....

Tim.

AndrewV has one of my custom cowls but I can also do ones that look a lot like Dumas Hotshot 45 copies if that's whats wanted. ;)

Hi All.

I have just about completed the sponsons :D :D :D :D .

I'm now onto the center section. I'm just a little un clear on some to the measurements. Could some one help me out please?

normal_plans%20%28Small%29.jpg

Could I have the measurements for 1, 2, 3, & 4? , or will near enough be close enough?

I will be using a Hi-Jack hopefully (If I can get some screws that I lost) and I know that they are a little longer than the standard mount. So should I incorporate this extra leanth or dosen't really matter that much?

Cheers

Chris

Progress

Last edited by a moderator:
From memory the centre section is 6" wide. Can't remember how wide the middle is but could look at my copy of the plans. Yes the middle is offset by 3/8th inch (I think). If you are going to use a highjack I would set the mount further forward to compensate for its depth.

Mind you JD is on here and should be able to tell you exactly what these measurements should be.

Lets see here ; (1) 1 3/8 " (2) 2 3/4'' (3) 2'' (4) 6 3/8''

Know may I suggest that when making your radio box,, that the front of the box where it butts up to the front former,, you make a step and carry it to the edge of the front former ... this will give you more room for your battery pack and reciever ... In my other boats it is a tight fit !! when using a alkaline box let a lone a 5 cell 6v nimh pack ... I like to put my steering servo at the back in the middle by it's self with a 1.5'' wheel.... Since I am building a B Stock for IMPBA .. I only use two servos,, the throttle servo is very small,, GWS Park Flyer ..

Hope it helps !!!

Butch

Here's the measurements off my TS2, which is basically the fiberglass version of the WOF 30:

1. 1 5/8"

2. 2 2/1"

3. 2 1/8"

4. 6 1/4"

I might have slightly changed a few of the dimensions from the drawings.

JD

Hey Gary,

Eventually I'll need one of your cowl's, but at this stage the boat is a while off!

Chris may need one shortly if he has the WOF ready for the Nat's.

Tim.

Gary

Your bored at work cowl,, will it fit a 2 1/2'' to 2 3/4 '' wide radio box ?? And how tall of a box will it fit ??

The 7.5 Dumas style cowl is hell to push through the air !!!

I like Jerry D's Rinker style cowl ...

Butch

Guys

I can always produce cowls when needed. I'm far from bored at work but I'd rather see more little tunnels running around.

My custom cowl fits a 2 1/4inch centre - it is a lot thinner, lower, different shape with plenty of tank room at the back. OBNut posted a picture recently of one. I have to say you cant appreciate how thin and rounded they are in pictures though.

Just another thing I play with when time is available.

Butch,

Here's a couple shots of my GTR cowl;

cowl1.jpg

cowl2.jpg

And if you are looking for the BAW cowl, is this what thinking of?

bawt.019.jpg

Let me know, I've got a plug for that one. Might be able to work one in the schedule.

Mark.

GTR said:
Does anybody need a cowling or two?
94194[/snapback]

HI Gary.

If you can get me one made in about a week, send me all the info on the bill and I'll do a bank direct deposit.

Cheers

Chris

PS: just doing the center section now. Thanks.

I'm fitting a lawless lower to the Wof and I was wondering about the weight in the front of the sponson (2oz). And would it be any different if I fit a lawless? I know that it would change the CG but would it change the amount of initial weight that is added? So should I add less to a boat with a lawless fitted?

And by how much?

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

Get it built and rigged then check the balance statically. Add the weight if required - way too many variables in this mix....

Don't worry about that yet. It's not a big deal on a mod tunnel anyway. What pipe are you using with the lawless? Got one yet?

I'm just going to use a "tuned can" for now on the K&B. I'll worry about getting the MAC going later. So I can set it up good. But I was going to ask Dave to bring along a SPP to the Nat's.

Chris

Back