• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Who's Got The Best Price?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron Olson said:
I don't know. I shipped some to Don Ferrette to test out and haven't heard anything from him.
78330[/snapback]

Still waiting on mother nature. It's been warming up this week so maybe, just maybe I can try them next weekend........... :unsure:

Don Ferrette said:
Ron Olson said:
I don't know. I shipped some to Don Ferrette to test out and haven't heard anything from him.
78330[/snapback]

Still waiting on mother nature. It's been warming up this week so maybe, just maybe I can try them next weekend........... :unsure:

84545[/snapback]

Rub it in some more Don :angry: we still have a foot of ice up here :( .

Tim K

Tim k said:
Don Ferrette said:
Ron Olson said:
78330[/snapback]

84545[/snapback]

Tim K

84546[/snapback]

Bummer. How's the Winston coming along?

Don Ferrette said:
Tim k said:
Don Ferrette said:
Ron Olson said:
78330[/snapback]

84545[/snapback]

Tim K

84546[/snapback]

84547[/snapback]

I sold it.

I couldn't find anyone to paint it and after a number of broken promises by a local painter I became so frustrated I sold it.

I am going to stick to riggers , a little clear coat and good to go LOL.

Tim K

Tim k said:
Don Ferrette said:
Tim k said:
Don Ferrette said:
Ron Olson said:
78330[/snapback]

84545[/snapback]

Tim K

84546[/snapback]

84547[/snapback]

I sold it.

I couldn't find anyone to paint it and after a number of broken promises by a local painter I became so frustrated I sold it.

Tim K

84550[/snapback]

SOLD IT!?!?!?!? DUDE SAY IT AIN'T SO!!! Man if I knew you were that frustrated I would have painted it! :(

Don Ferrette said:
Tim k said:
Don Ferrette said:
Tim k said:
Don Ferrette said:
Ron Olson said:
78330[/snapback]

84545[/snapback]

Tim K

84546[/snapback]

84547[/snapback]

I sold it.

Tim K

84550[/snapback]

SOLD IT!?!?!?!? DUDE SAY IT AIN'T SO!!! Man if I knew you were that frustrated I would have painted it! :(

84551[/snapback]

It's true

After a year and a half of hearing how it was going to be painted real soon I snapped and sold it.

This was shortly after I realized my brand new sport 40 was warped like a pretzle so it wasnt a good season for boats

Oh well live and learn , It will make someone a beutiful boat.

Tim K

Tim k said:
Don Ferrette said:
Tim k said:
Don Ferrette said:
Tim k said:
Don Ferrette said:
Ron Olson said:
78330[/snapback]

84545[/snapback]

Tim K

84546[/snapback]

84547[/snapback]

I sold it.

Tim K

84550[/snapback]

84551[/snapback]

It's true

After a year and a half of hearing how it was going to be painted real soon I snapped and sold it.

This was shortly after I realized my brand new sport 40 was warped like a pretzle so it wasnt a good season for boats

Oh well live and learn , It will make someone a beutiful boat.

Tim K

84552[/snapback]

If I remember correctly Mike Coppolino (PHM Racing) has a finished PT lobster hull he was trying to sell. And he's in Canada.......

had our first race yesterday and iused the plugs in my k abd b 3.5 and an ops se and they seem to be a good plug. the se was even easyer to start then before. i will be buying more of these babies ;) ;) ;)

That site has been under construction for a year now but they do answer their e-mails.

If you go to the Toledo show, they had a booth there last year and were selling the plugs for $2.00 each. That's where I got my first batch of them.

I have info from a Email left there, it takes a day or two or 5 :p It looks like thats the plugs I will be running this year !!!!!!!

BUG

Ron Olson said:
78330[/snapback]

Ok here's the "skinny" on my results with the Merlins. I ran two MAC 84 motors (one at a time) today getting them broke in for my twin. After a few runs & working the needle down somewhat close to a running setting (still a touch fat) I dropped a Merlin in & ran it. The first one lasted about 4 laps before the boat quit. After bringing the boat in I pulled the plug & found the winding yanked away from the plug body & it was toast. Tried a second Merlin with the same results even with the motor fattened up more. My motors on MC-9's usually will pull the windings some (more than when I pull the winding out to start with) when the pipe is really hitting but the Merlin windings were really yanked away. I think the winding is too fine for a hard hitting big block on high (60%) nitro so the MC-9 will be my plug of choice still on the big hydros. I have 2 test plugs left to try in the scale boat when it's done but I'm expecting similar results. From what I personally experienced today I think these plugs may be better suited to smaller (45 & under) motors but that's just my opinion. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back