• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Who's Got The Best Price?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russell Bear

Who has the best price on McCoy MC-9's in the US?

Thanks.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Russell,

Discounthobbies4u.com has the MC-9's for the following prices:

$2.79 for quantities of 48-96

$2.69 for quantity of 108

Also check with Bob Kensil at Phil's Hobby Shop. Many times they can match or beat those prices.

John

Don Ferrette said:
Bill McGraw was around $2.35 back in the spring for quantities over 100.
71458[/snapback]

Bill told me that he had at least one or two price increases from McCoy and were at least $2.75 ea for 100. That was in about July. May have gone down or up in price. Worth checking with him however.

John

Remember a few months back all the complaints about the MC-9's breaking? Has this been resolved or was it just a fluke?

Russell Bear said:
Remember a few months back all the complaints about the MC-9's breaking? Has this been resolved or was it just a fluke?

71467[/snapback]

[/quot

Me personally I don't care if they resolved the problem or not I bet I went threw about $70 worth of them this past summer with nothing. just money out the window. :angry:

I went to K&B HP and HD with no problems at all. I don't know if these plugs are as good but at this point I don't care at least I can get more then one run out of them.

Has anyone else tried the Merlin glow plugs yet? I bought a bunch of them at the Toledo Expo and they seem to be just as good as the McCoy's. I paid $2.00 each for various ones. The 2002's are a medium and the 2004's are cold plugs. I've had nothing but bad luck with the K&B's, they fry the wire at lower amps than the McCoy's and Merlins.

Odonnell Racing Has several Different Heat range Boat plugs on the Market. I just received a few prototypes to Try out. So far, So good. No Problems. Last a lot longer than a 9 McCoy.

I use the odonnel 099 1/8 scale buggy plug in my 20 boats. they are a little pricey, but they are bullet proof.

~James

I'm looking for a good all around plug that will work good in a 21, 45, and 67 engines running 50/18% fuel. I have had OK luck with the McCoys but always open to try something different & cheaper.

Thanks for the input......

Best plug I ever ran was an OPS plug. Ran it all season in my 21. Dropped it in some tall grass one day and never found it. Don't know if they are still available.

Just talked with Aldon at Merlin Plugs. He has been building these plugs for years now and have had very good luck with them. They are glass filled and he states that he has had two failures from the stem out of the last 500,000 plugs. The .008" wire (HD) is the plug I would need. Part #2001HD is currently at $2.50 ea and could get them down to $2.00 each when ordering around 100.

Thanks Ron.........

Russ, if you order some, let me know. I'd take at least 50 of them if you want to unload some.

Why don't we get together on this and put in an order? I'll do 50 of them for around $2 also. So between Ron and I we have a 100 piece order at least.

Russell Bear said:
Just talked with Aldon at Merlin Plugs.  He has been building these plugs for years now and have had very good luck with them.  They are glass filled and he states that he has had two failures from the stem out of the last 500,000 plugs.  The .008" wire (HD) is the plug I would need.  Part #2001HD is currently at $2.50 ea and could get them down to $2.00 each when ordering around 100.
Thanks Ron.........

71526[/snapback]

So which one heat range wise is the exact replacement for the McCoy MC-9? I might be real interested in this also. How much of a break would they give if you hit 500 or 1000 plugs??

So which one heat range wise is the exact replacement for the McCoy MC-9?
The 2001HD is the same as the McCoy MC-9.

How much of a break would they give if you hit 500 or 1000 plugs??
Didn't ask about that many in an order. I'm sure he would be willing to work with us. I'll give him a ring in the morning.

Back