Just a thought about general rc boating stuff to kick around.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Burns

Trying to find info on older stuff or even some new stuff is pretty much a dead horse on line with rc boat stuff.
Example: I just posted a question about a tuned pipe, and that had me thinking.
I am also a ex BMX bike racer and am still active, Then I thought (If this was a BMX related question, I wouldn't have to post, a post asking, when I could just go to the BMX Museum and find out for myself).

As our RC Boat hobby/sport is ageing and different parts come and go, maybe it's time to make a online museum for informational purposes ( A database). This would benefit not only the newcomers but elders alike.

Pretty much people/users could upload pics and info into a site or section of a site of any and all rc boat related stuff. The BMX Museum does confirm the posts and it's not just a free for all or a random image gallery with no rhythm or rhyme but is in sections.
BMX Museum, go check it out.
Google "race inc" The 2nd listing will be Race Inc BMXmuseum. That will bring you to everything you need to know about that company. Race Inc. - BMXmuseum.com

Why is the rc boat world not making a database?

Google BMX and because the way the database of the BMXMUSEUM is set up pretty much every bmx bike and part will show up in the google images making it easy for ppl to figure out what they have or even join in conversations and such.

Example Now google rc boat gas tank all you get is you tube videos and sullivan with no real info on how to plum them except for aircraft clunks.
Google RC boat tuned pipe and you get a bunch of ebay junk and no real info.
pretty much the same with anything rc boat related.

I know, as we all know, the dreaded "This question was already covered" or "Your question has been asked 1000 times" Well no wonder look at the slop image galley. We at the BMX museum don't have that issue as much.

Intlwaters gallery can't do that because the stuff is just randomly uploaded. get what I am saying, for lack of better words.

Let's say someone has a 40 year old hydro and don't know what it is. That person has to post a question.

If there was a RC Boat Museum that all users could upload pics and info of stuff related to rc boats, that person could simply possibly find it.

Just saying, Intlwaters is awesome but...as far as finding info it's a mess.

I don't know if this platform will support something like what we have at the BMX Museum or not but it is worth perhaps a look into.

Another example: You know Im selling a Doug Riha carb on ebay, and I can't tell you how many messages I get asking who he is or what his parts are for. That's because the web site for rc boating does not have the important info or a database. We don't have this problem in the BMX world. Anyone can upload images and info to the BMX museum, but we do make sure the info is correct before we allow the post. I know you have a small manufactures section but in all reality it someone lacks any info. Just saying.

LOL Get butt hurt if you must but my input is also valued. 20 years from now someone will want to know the history of Aeromarine or K&B, etc and the way it is going it won't be on Intlwaters.

Last edited:
I've been writing technical articles in the NAMBA Propwash for years. There's some history, but their mostly about basic theory and various building projects. Every issue has at least one. If any topic interests you I have copies that go back a long way.

Lohring Miller

I read you volunteer to set-up the virtual museum, actively will promote it, support people who want to upload stuff and also write about all you know: cool idea!

Back