Warning!Warning!Ebayers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shane Forrest is a good guy and a good E-bayer. He has posted in here a few times......I wonder what he would think if he knew he knew his bid price was being pushed up by the seller.

call it what you like....

Bidder Beware in this case

Last edited by a moderator:
Rodney, you posted .........

Yeah,

I think your right, I saw a picture of him he looks like a big boy. And I don't think those guys care one bit about ripping people off because he probably wouldn't jack them since he would see them face-to-face.

Al Waters response is to Rodney is..........

Watch your mouth............. When you talk about "those guys", you are talking about me and our Scale Association. Whatever happens with e-bay dealings is between him and those people. You will notice that I have never said anything in the past out here when the subject comes up. But you now have brought me out with your comment.

You guys know the ebay side of things. That is not my problem nor our clubs problem. But when you said "those guys", it now is. Mark has brought in more new scale boaters and district boaters than anyone in our club and the district over the years. He loaned boats to my grandson when they would not run. He has helped many boaters at our district races. He has raced the Muncy for years and not one person from your district has had the gall to say a word to him at that race or our district races that your boaters have attended. I assume the same will probably occur at the Nats this year.

He pays his NAMBA dues, he pays his race entry fees. NAMBA nor the district nor the club will get involved in someones personal matters.

Maybe you did not intend to slam us down here, but your words are there to read and that is how I interpreted them....... I also received a few e-mails from other boaters about your posting so it is not just me alone who feels like I do.

Keep personal matters separate from model boating matters.

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

President-Southern California Scale Thunderboat Association

Hmmm...So, how 'bout them Yankees? :lol: j/k

Clay......good move

I was going to post about them Jets :D

*snif-Snif* smells like a Chit-fight was narrowly avoided ;)

I was going to add:

We should settle this one with a Spelling Bee to determine the winner

:lol:

OK I'm stopping before I dig myself in too deep :huh:

Al,

That's your opinion and like they say....everyone has one! I have thick skin and can handle your opinion and your subjective view point.

I'm sure if he lent me a boat I'd think he was a swell guy to. He and I's.... dealings are done, I tried to bury the hatchet but he choose not to do so......There are also some good members on this board that he burned. These good people asked me to get the money or items back from Mark, I asked him he refused. Case closed! But, I guess you knew that since "everyone has E-mailed you their opinions about me???

So you watch your mouth!!!....I never uttered the word Al Waters and His scale association! You obviously in your heat of the moment missed the part that said:

Jay,

You have a good point. I'm sure we all wish we could stop bashing the guy. I've had enough of it. I actually tried ignoring the guy but he went through that faze with a bunch of bogus names, kept bidding the items I was after up so they were to expensive to buy.

See......no one like s to hear stupid things like that. You put it, I put it. How you interpret it is up to you. Me, the case is done. I'm gonna go relax and not worry about this post one bit! As for the part where it said the guys he runs with I'm sure would be the equivalent of the guys that support me, that's what I ment by it. We all have them right, wrong or indifferent"

This is why posts can go completely astray.......from now on, I'm out of the bashing!

I for one appreciate the update! Since I do a lot of Ebay shopping it is always good to hear about the bad ones in advance.

Just because the guy has learned not to Sh!& where he lives doesn't make him a nice guy. All the people who he has brought into your association doesn't make up for all the people he has pushed out of model boating around the world!

It is a good thing the criminal justice system is not run the same way.

He is the number one cause of low price's and lack of buyers on Ebay in my book. It used to be you could buy top quality items at a fair price on there, Now everyone is afraid of getting ripped off. How many different names has he used? Why do you think he has to keep changing names? How many times does Ebay have to BAN him for his bad practises until you want to admit it is his problem! Notice Ebay does not ban you for bad feed-back, they must have proof, I know he has been banned at least 3 times in the past 2 years.

I have seen other people asking why is this person allowed to race when he rips off people on eBay? This was quite a while ago when this was asked. Al, you're right. If he pays for his races, membership dues, etc., then he is allowed to race just like everyone else. His dealings on eBay or any other place does not figure in at a race. How do you or I really know who we are standing next to on a drivers stand at a race? A drug dealer? Child molester? Some other type of Felon? As long as they don't do anything at a race to get thrown out there is nothing that can be done to any of those people, the rulebooks cover that.

Al,

Whats the ratio between the number of people he has brought into boating compared to the number of people he has screwed? And does brinning people into boating make up for the fact that he has screwed people?

Al,

Hopefully this thing doesn't get blown up or bent out of proportion......the r/c thing is supposed to be fun and not filled with tension. Alfred Lanza asked me to come race with him one time in San Diego. Maybe that would be a good thing so we can all get together and have some fun. Hell we might even be friends.

Any how everything's a possibility, maybe I'll make the 8 hour drive one weekend and surprise you guys.

Hey Rodney,

You have a deal. I made it to Alfred's and Roger's Grand Prix Race this year because your district has supported our big Muncey race. But you and I missed hooking up. Maybe the Muncey, the Nats or the 9-19 Challenge.

Talk to you soon. ;)

Al Waters

NAMBA Vice President

NAMBA Scale Unlimited Chairman

President-Southern California Scale Thunderboat Association

I hate to stir the pot.....

but how about he come here and defend himself

Hey all! first post! been lurking for 2 yrs, dont feel compelled to post, till now, as, dont really need controversy on any subject, im comfortable learning/enjoying all the drama/great iformation available, newbie tunnel racer/ boats of all sizes, cutting to the chase....... Mark williamson/ new id each week, got me, and plenty of other cats on this an other boards, its been a year or more since hes scammed me and alot of other people, too. somebody hit it on the head, he wont s*&^t in his backyard why hurt the people who know you? i live in iowa, far enough he figures na na na na cant touch this..... the way the ebay feedback sit. is, if you neg feed. someone theyll just neg you back.... so, whats a guy to do? tell ya what! Hey mark! the feds will catch up to you for cashin my money order, im waiting as we speak,for the proceedings to go through ive decided to follow it up, now, im sick of him making ebay a gamble for everyone! i work to achieve my feedback rating, take steps to make people comfortable selling to me... you sir are the exception to the rule! change your id! well find you! get this, all! its costing me, yes, me more money to push prosecution on this cat than the original auction i won from this super great scale boat club promotin wonderful guy! but, thats ok, as i will gain satisfaction, that, my hard earned money didnt go for mr williamson to stuff into his scale projects! hit it tom! lets hear from ya mark! im writin, now, defend yourself, cause, youll need the practice for court shortly! well, post is long.... vented... hated to start... opened up myself to the mess about to begin, hopefully, you cats see the light on this guy thanks mike

This has become a knitting circle. Like a wild bunch of piranha. Any time anyone does anything seen possibly negative you all are on it like stink on sh#@... Bad Ebay deals, post something outlandish in an ebay add (like it goes 120mph), someone possibly splashed a boat, etc..

Kevin Bulifant was on here blasting Tom Schaeffer not too long ago for the same type of things. Seems like maybe he is not a customer that is easy to please, yet he deems it necessary to blast anyone who didn't give him the shirt off of their back.

IF you have problems with Mark Williamson, contact the local authorities and or Mark directly. Posting it in a public forum and having everybody and their brother take shots at him is uncalled for.

I am not necessarily sticking up for Mark in this situation, but all people who get blasted on here by the peanut gallery....

Anybody hear the theme from Jaws play'n :blink:

Guy's, "Asked and Answered" Form your own opnion ;) :D

shirt of his back? howbout just the parts/money he owes.....seriously, if some jerk can use the internet to scam people then theyve got every right to use it to let everyone know about it. sounds kinda weak to me that there's a whole club who races with him but wont confront him about his ebay stuff just cuz it doesnt happen to them and he's bigger'n they are.

Jay Stone,

I don’t know who you are or why you want to start some BS with me. I do care about my reputation and I do react to anyone who tries to talk about me (either in front, or behind my back).

I posted about Tom Shaffer in here because I’m not the type of person who will sit by idle and watch someone else get screwed. There was a lot of poo being flung over that whole issue, and I thought long and hard about not posting…..because of folks like you who apparently think that the a$$holes of the world can go around doing what they want, without ever being checked.

If you'll remember I started with "Buyer Beware" that was it.....everything else was response to him and his defenders.

My decision was to post, and I’ll make the same decision tomorrow…I’ll say my piece about your friend Tom Shaffer and I’ll continue to say my piece about other people like him…I suppose you think there was some truth to what Tom had to say since I let him say his thing without me coming back to call him a liar or something….but the truth is that I wanted to minimize the amount of dirty laundry aired in here.

For everyone’s Benefit: I’m posting Tom Shaffers last correspondence to me:

“sorry I crossed you, bad thing won't happen again, just a bad deal for everyone probably made worse by my piss poor behavior.”

If you need me to forward the complete E-mail I will so that you can make up your own mind.

Guess what Jay....I was easily satisfied by an apology, I have not pursued the parts or the money since they're of no use to me now. ;)

I dont plan to waste another breath arguing about these folks......but I'm glad to see who their friends are ;)

I am 100% for people POSTING about the scammers, and BS sales ON HERE. Its a open forum, And if someone cheets or screws someone, Its a nice feeling to know WHO that was. and as far as the person that SCREWED Someone and its posted on here so we all know, Maybe they will think twice about screwing someone else again, Or when NO BODY buys crap from them, as they have a rep to screw you or cheet you out of money.

and I am with Rodney about the Bidding on ebay here Marks (number of names) all show up on the list. I stoped bidding on things as hes probably the seller, and just boosting up his bids by bidding with different names.

You think this is RIGHT?

Sorry like i said, I am all FOR THE POSTS about if someone got screwed or BS Bids on Ebay.

I stand buy what i sell, I makes sure the buyer on here is well aware of whats wrong and what feel it needs.

and as far as pleasing kevin with a sale, I have delt with him on a sale, FLAWLESS.

Hell he might of got the part before i got money. But being a member here with many of posts, You know your NOT going to get screwed. It wasnt a expencive part or anything.

Tom

I kinda said Phooey to Ebay a while back, and I only buy used from Forum members now, Delt with a bunch of them and no problemos at all in over a year now,

My 2 centavos and done ;)

Gene :D

The problem is that Mark is not the only one ripping people off on eBay. Remember the name Erik McNair? Yeah, a guy that has had his smilin' face and name in RCBM yet rips off people. Yes, there are others that have been mentioned on other web sites to watch out for but Mark seems to be the one that gets all of the attention.

Here's a link to an Erik story: http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&start=...hbc9s%404ax.com

BTW, I was surpised to see some other positive feedback on Mark from some members of this Forum when I went to the link that Rod provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back