Two New TecnoPower .21 Powerhead Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any updates on how these motors are going

cheers
For me the engines are doing great, maybe not the fastest but very useable and relaiable. I noticed that the more we try to go faster the more the engine and tunnel become delicate. When you are alone there is never a problem but when you find yourself with a few tunnels in a race you want the engine to do what you want and this is where I find the M01 excellent in terms of useability.

2011-07 TP Powerhead Action.jpg 2011-07 TecnoPower new pipe and tunnel test.jpg

We have played around a little more with some manifold and pipe solution, with this manifold you can use the homologated on and off-road pipes which perform very well and are quiet!!!

Here some pics:

2011-07 TecnoPower new pipe test l.jpg 2011-07 TecnoPower new pipe test r.jpg

I was just wondering about theses motors the other day.

Can someone chim in other than Rody and say what pipe and carb they are running and how satisfied they are?

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work Rody

have you tested any of the available marine Outboard pipes ?

Do you guys have any plans to make a complete Outboard motor at any stage ?

Looking forward to your comments

Greg

Hi Greg,

We raced the engines in the beginning with the silverbullit pipe, this one works well on the TecnoPower engine but is very noisy, especially if you do not use the end-muffler.

The pipe also does not give a large rpm area to work with and so this is why I have been looking for other solutions and so we came up with this solution which is working quite well and we can use the existing pipes on the market.

For the moment it will be hard to make a complete unit, not because of technical problems but more because of the end-price which will be too expensive I am afraid.

Rody

Myself and Tim (Dizzy Dean) have run the engine a while, and have found the Irwin stamped pipe works the best so far. We also tried a Hopper protoype pipe (small volume) and it worked, but not as well as the irwin. The engine straight out of the box with an OS carb runs very well with an irwin pipe. Its not Novarossi fast, but is very comparable to most other engine, CMB, OS, Rossi, etc etc stock for stock. We have tried a couple head buttons, but the orginal seems to work the best in stock form. We may do a little massaging this winter for next season...

~ James

cheers
For me the engines are doing great, maybe not the fastest but very useable and relaiable. I noticed that the more we try to go faster the more the engine and tunnel become delicate. When you are alone there is never a problem but when you find yourself with a few tunnels in a race you want the engine to do what you want and this is where I find the M01 excellent in terms of useability.

View attachment 29694 View attachment 29693

We have played around a little more with some manifold and pipe solution, with this manifold you can use the homologated on and off-road pipes which perform very well and are quiet!!!

Here some pics:

View attachment 29695 View attachment 29696
What are the make and part numbers for the pipe and headers that seem to work the best?

Thanks.

cheers

View attachment 29694 View attachment 29693

Here some pics:

View attachment 29695 View attachment 29696
What are the make and part numbers for the pipe and headers that seem to work the best?

Thanks.
We are still waiting for an offer for the manifold, then we can provide the right part#, a little patience because to obtain things in Italy during the month of august is difficult sometimes.

I will running a 3port outboard at our next meet will be a while before I post any

Info on this set up as I need to run the motor in but stay tuned

Cheers

Back