Two New TecnoPower .21 Powerhead Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take it!!!!! I love Carbon fiber!!!!! So by stock it would include a muffler and carb?? That would be nice to hava another option available!!! I hope you guys can make it happen...

I'll take it!!!!! I love Carbon fiber!!!!! So by stock it would include a muffler and carb?? That would be nice to hava another option available!!! I hope you guys can make it happen...

Seems that it would need to include a carb and muffler in order to qualify in the stock/sport classes.

Niklas I hope you don't mind I repost this picture from your site.

This is a prototype of a stock .21OB that TecnoPower is working on. Please note that it is only a prototype. They do not know at this point if it will go into production or not yet.

I do like how the skeg is integated into the stuffing tube cover.
NO worries. :)

IF it (the lower unit) makes production it equally well could be a "modified" engine without the muffler also of course. :rolleyes:

That leg looks nice. Is the front edge of it sharp or round?

The shape looks familiar...

That looks very nice! It's great to see someone taking the initiative to do this. The more choices in outboard components the better! Great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing the pics and info Niklas - looks great!

Anything else interesting @ Nurnberg this year?

Wow, I told my girlfriend I was looking at a nice leg on here and she even wanted to see it! On a serious note. I love it, wish you all the best. If it goes into production I'll take one for sure!!! :D

The complete package would be great! We need more choices in stock/sport class...

Tim Leyde

Seems that it would need to include a carb and muffler in order to qualify in the stock/sport classes.
My vote would be to get Namba and Impba to see it as a stock motor if you ran it with the can in the pic and a stock O.S. MAX 20J carby.

Or, better yet...

MAKE A DEAL WITH O.S. TO INCLUDE THE 20J CARB AND SELL THAT SUCKER!!!!!

Sorry... got excited there for a moment. :)

Now I need a cigarette. B)

But I think you should

Just a thought....

Bill

I believe to be IMPBA legal for sport class there would have to be 100 produced and available for sale to the public.

Count one sold here!

Tim Leyde

It will be interesting to see how these engines run when the ice is gone. Very good looking lower unit.

Thanks for sharing the pics and info Niklas - looks great!

Anything else interesting @ Nurnberg this year?
Nurnberg: well, marine wise it was not much more then the TP OB stuff... TT showed some new RTR off-shore boats I think though. I didnt see any other marine racing engines at least.

Back