Two New TecnoPower .21 Powerhead Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though i am a newby to this RC outboard world , a new engine option is very exciting . Doubt i will wear out my NTM OS but good to see new stuff available . Thanks for the info Nicklas !

I checked them out and the only difference in the two is the M01 has a OS style PTO and uses a turbo plug. The M02 has a K&B style PTO and a standard plug. Both are vary nice engines.

Are the sleeves the same as there buggy engines or are the timed like marine engines?
The partnumber for the M01/M02 P/L is the same as for the B01/B01i engines = #0104001-01.

Even though i am a newby to this RC outboard world , a new engine option is very exciting . Doubt i will wear out my NTM OS but good to see new stuff available . Thanks for the info Nicklas !
tom, keep the os for your sport engine, get one of these for mod B) .

In the 02 engine, I noticed a "C" clip at the bottom of the PTO to hold the PTO shaft in place. Do you know the reasoning for this clip? Does it interfere with the fit onto the Lawless unit? And mods needed for it? No other brand has this that I am aware of.

Everything else looks exceptional.
The inner diameter of recess in the Lawless drive is 13 mm. The outer dia of the C-clip is 12 mm. So no. It wont interfere. :)

US retail: $308 (same price for booth versions)

Swedish retail (including 25% VAT): 3425SEK

When will they be available for purchase?
They're ready to ship from the factory - so at this time it's all up to the TP distributors to order them.

Here's a list of their world-wide distributors (most are focused on car engines though):

http://www.tecnopower-motor.com/index.php/distributors

I checked them out and the only difference in the two is the M01 has a OS style PTO and uses a turbo plug. The M02 has a K&B style PTO and a standard plug. Both are vary nice engines.

Are the sleeves the same as there buggy engines or are the timed like marine engines?
The partnumber for the M01/M02 P/L is the same as for the B01/B01i engines = #0104001-01.
hey niklas does the motor come with a carb all the pictures show no carb

also if bought with carb what price will it be

In all of the articles, it says there is no carb included. You can pick your own a this point, since most people do anyway.

~ James

The pics show pretty much what is included = as in no carb at this point.

I also emailed the USA distributor and they did not even respond. I have sent an email off to Tecno Power and Rody responded right away. I told them if there USA distibutor will not handle them that I would if they would like me to.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also emailed the USA distributor and they did not even respond. I have sent an email off to Tecno Power and Rody responded right away. I told them if there USA distibutor will not handle them that I would if they would like me to.

Mark is there much difference between the Techno Power and your Go engines. Only want to get something that has service and parts. Dave in CT.

Who wants to put another $80.00 or $100.00 into a carb? If it would come with some type of carb it would be alot better then nothing.

PM headed your way Dave. I do not want to hijack the thread.

Niclaus none of the distributers in the USA carry these motors. Where can you get them.
I'll have to let that one over to Rody to answer. Do note, they are brand new. I guess its not available anywhere right now. We (as the whole sale Scandinavian distributor) will order it quite soon or around the soon upcoming Nurnberg show...

/Niklas

Fellow OB racers,

I have been in contact with the factory. It sounds like I will be able to get these engines shortly here in the USA. The header is included with the engine. Please PM me if you are interested. There will be a discount and free shipping for anyone that wants to get in on the first order.

Thank you,

Mark

mark, you are THE MAN!! although i run cmb & k&b, you have really stepped up to make more ob options available. thanx for what you are doing to promote this section of rc boating.

If anyone would like to get in on the first order, please email me. Rody said that they should have some ready to ship by the end of next week before they go to there big toy fair show. He also said that the response to them has been vary good. I will need to order them by Monday or Tuesday of next week.

Thank you,

Mark

Back