TS2 first run

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f3cheli

Hi guys!

I did run my TS2 for the first time today, in 5 degrees celsius above freezing so I did restrict the water cooling. And you know what, the boat just worked. The boat took off and got up on plane and there she was cruising around on the water. No really high speed this time as I break in the engine (rich mixture). This is my first tunnel boat and I have read about the horros some other TS2 owners have gone trough, so I was a little afraid, but no problems here. The boat did porpoise (sp?) a little (very little) but I think thats a matter of setup. Right now the boat are setup according to the manual.

Hardware:

TS2 hull

OS 21 XM with stock prop (have an M440 on order)

S3305 steering servo

S9202 throttle servo

Thanks JD and Acuacraft for a great hull!

Andreas

Gawd, It didn't porpoise? :eek: Must'a been runnin' on ice! :rolleyes:

It's going to be hard to get the engine to run well is such cold weather, almost futile.

I'm right at the 45th parallel and it's too cold here for boating,, cold enough to freeze

the carb wide open :huh:

I normally would have pulled the water totally off long ago and used the fuel to keep

it cool. I have been using the aircooled heads (with two fins) but in this kinda temp

I put the water cooled head back on without water,, I have even done this in the summer

time or while breaking in a new O/B.

Jerry

Which one would be the aircooled head for the OS 21 ?? :huh: Thanx Gaz
There ain't one,, I was just drawing a relationship as to how little cooling you need on

these type of motors,,, being "cool" ain't Kool with these little guy's.

Actually, the OS RG buggy head fits right on the OS outboard. Same dome size and shape oddly enough. I have one that was cut down to 3 fins.

~James

Last edited by a moderator:
Back