• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Boats For Sale Van's Racing Hornet OPC Tunnel w/ FE Conversion - Ready to Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darin Jordan

REVISED ADD - 08/31/2023 - Reviving this old add. Updated prices. Let's get this on the water!

Van's Racing 34" OPC Tunnel w/ complete FE conversion. Built from the ground-up for racing and Time-Trials. Currently setup for 6S (which is all you should ever need).
Look over the pictures and let me know if you have any questions.

Here are some details:
MOTOR: TP 40x82mm 1570KV
ESC: Castle Creations Hydra-ICE 240 w/ custom water-cooling conversion
SERVO: Spektrum High-Torque Metal Geared Digital
LOWER: K&B 7.5 Modified w/ FE Conversion

I can offer this in a few different packages:
1) ARTR, no batteries or radio gear. Just the boat as it's shown in the pictures. You'd have to add your RX/TX, and supply a 4S or 6S battery setup. I can send you some matching 5.5mm contacts to connect to the ESC. $850.00 plus shipping

2) ARTR with Batteries but no RX or TX (batteries are brand new (only used to set this up on the bench) and already setup for this hull. I just cycled them during my winter battery-maintenance routine. You'd need to add the Radio and RX and set the ranges on the ESC, which isn't difficult and likely would work just with the default settings. $950.00 plus shipping

3) RTR, complete with Batteries and a nice, pretty much new, Spektrum DX5R Radio TX. Would be bound, setup, and literally RTR. Just add prop and driving skill. $1150.00 plus shipping

I don't have an appropriate prop for this yet, and am not sure ultimately what that would need to be, Something in the Octura 1450 size-range would be a good place to start.

This is a BEAUTIFULLY BUILT boat, and was built to my own high-standards to use for NAMBA Time-Trials, but I just don't see myself having time to use it in the next couple of years. Better it not just sit on the shelf.

I'd expect shipping to be at least $100.00 due to the size/weight of a safe packaging setup, and I'll only ship within the USA. The last hull I shipped, an un-built Lynx, was $80.00 from WA to Florida... Shipping is a little insane these days.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.Hornet_006.jpgHornet_001.jpgHornet_005.jpgHornet_012.jpgHornet_015.jpgHornet_Finished_018.jpgHornet_Finished_011.jpgHornet_Finished_012.jpgHornet_Finished_013.jpgHornet_Finished_014.jpg

Last edited:
Some more pictures...
Hornet_Finished_006.jpg
hornet_finished_007-jpg.314822
Hornet_Finished_008.jpgHornet_Finished_017.jpgHornet_Finished_016.jpg

Attachments

• Hornet_Finished_007.jpg
    Hornet_Finished_007.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 280
Updated and reviving this old add. Let's clear this off my shelf. Someone needs to go race/run this:

Pick your package:
1) ARTR, no batteries or radio gear. Just the boat as it's shown in the pictures. You'd have to add your RX/TX, and supply a 4S or 6S battery setup. I can send you some matching 5.5mm contacts to connect to the ESC. $850.00 plus shipping

2) ARTR with Batteries but no RX or TX (batteries are brand new (only used to set this up on the bench) and already setup for this hull. I just cycled them during my winter battery-maintenance routine. You'd need to add the Radio and RX and set the ranges on the ESC, which isn't difficult and likely would work just with the default settings. $950.00 plus shipping

3) RTR, complete with Batteries and a nice, pretty much new, Spektrum DX5R Radio TX. Would be bound, setup, and literally RTR. Just add prop and driving skill. $1150.00 plus shipping

Latest posts

Back