Trick Carbon Fiber /aluminum Silencers

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Foley

Supporting Member
Big thanks to Mike Tyson of T - Mod Racing for his hand made custom Carbon fiber / aluminum silencers . he got these done fast and they are as usual ...awesome !They fit like a glove on my Rossi pipes in the big twin . Thanks Mike !

i1yw5i.jpg

2ic1891.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice eye candy - how do they sound ?

Bout time you gave Red a rest ;)

BTW -Think pcm, that way you can loose those trucker style whip antenna's :p

The Mike Tyson Carbon Canister Mufflers are Quite And dont scuff any speed..... I had a Pair on Ralphs twin up here 2 years ago & I could barely here it in the back stretch during open water. Sweeeet......... You will need to be on with your flow numbers... Cause you wont hear the boat much!!!!!

i put one on my gas rigger. i'm running the gizmo internal stinger victory pipe, took a lot of the bark out, not as much quieter, than a more pleasent sound. mike makes some nice stuff, i'm lucky enough to race with him here in d-12, super nice guy to know!!

I was out at the practice lake with Mike a few weeks ago and he was trying different pipes, different mufflers, etc. Made runs with the mufflers and without the mufflers. Checked RPM's to see if there was any change. Mike has the real deal here, folks. His mufflers take that ear-piercing sound out of the pipe and make things more bearable for a fun day at the lake. I run his mufflers on my gas rigger and my Stock mono and love the tone that I get from both boats. As I have said for many years, you don't need to be noisy to go fast. Quality built stuff that works!

Dick Tyndall

Hey Go Fast,

What's the OD of the can?? Does he make one with a stinger out the rear of the can so I can get it through a Scale boat transom??

I thought your whip antennas were **** nice - just like I run. Andy, you young whipper snapper - wait 'til you see the one RB WILL place on your Mark & Pak - It's gonna be Spiffy !!!! Har,Har !!! CHEERS !!! Bob

Hey Go Fast,

What's the OD of the can?? Does he make one with a stinger out the rear of the can so I can get it through a Scale boat transom??

I thought your whip antennas were **** nice - just like I run. Andy, you young whipper snapper - wait 'til you see the one RB WILL place on your Mark & Pak - It's gonna be Spiffy !!!! Har,Har !!! CHEERS !!! Bob

attachicon.gif
CMB Lg Volume with Rum Racing Tip.JPG

attachicon.gif
Transom Tramsition.JPG
:ph34r: what kind of tape did you put wrap on muffled pipe?

What's the OD of the can??

Does he make one with a stinger out the rear of the can so I can get it through a Scale boat transom??
Mike's carbon is 1,607"/40,84mm in diameter.
I use his tubing for European -82dB mufflers.

All Mike's mufflers are custom-build ,
you just have to ask. > t-modracin [at] comcast [dot] net or mtyson [at] budweiser [dot] com

Does anyone make a muffler that makes a gas motor sound good? (you know, sound like nitro motor...)

Those mufflers look really good! if you dont mind me asking, how much were they?

Allan,

I use about four layers of 6 ounce glass cloth . I use Sig part #SIGEG003 Epoxy - it's the only epoxy glue I've found that holds up for making this type of pipe mount.

CHEERS, Bob

Back