thunder tiger mods

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancebuckley

people say thunder tiger sucks but they dont stock there 43 mph 640x series haul

mods there in the 50 mph range any people have luck with theres like mine ?

what generations of thunder tigers are out there modded and stock

I won the Australian Nationals with one years ago - but it was heavily modified.

FWIW I now run a "sport" OS and am happy more often due to less part failures at critical moments.

Last edited by a moderator:
i run tt's and love them..mod them,pipe them,and mate them to an octura mount and they are deadly in the right hands...we (tt users) are few and far between,,jerry wyss,myself,tim duggan,mike stover,rodney pierce,kevin kroggness,you and maybe a couple others run tt's or ran tt's.. they are cheap yet effective,,and they really are machined well...The geared lower makes the power head very universal,,you can slap quite a bit of different buggy,and i.b power heads on them..

i cant seem to shake the tt bug lance..lol..

alden

The thing I find funny about this whole thread is in Lance's signature. It says VS1 mod tt. Then why the hell is this boat been running in district 6 stock tunnel class, when we run both stock and mod classes???? :unsure:

If its IMPBA, its "sport" tunnel, not "stock" tunnel. There can be modifications made to the inside, as long as the outside remains unchanged (just a rough summarization of the actual rules). The rules are fairly straight forward for the sport class.

If its not IMPBA, then carry on. :D

~ James

The thing I find funny about this whole thread is in Lance's signature. It says VS1 mod tt. Then why the hell is this boat been running in district 6 stock tunnel class, when we run both stock and mod classes???? :unsure:
"FOR THE FUN" lol

I don't know IMPBA classes too well but I thought you had a Sport 20 Tunnel class where the o/b had to appear stock. Lances TT o/b wouldn't even qualify for that due to the OS20J carb and possibly the addition of the Octura 3.5 mount. NAMBA has the Mod 20 and Stock 20 tunnel classes I know and would not tolerate any changes from a totally stock 20 o/b, None. In that bone stock state the TT would get killed on a regular basis by the XM in my neck-of-the-woods.

If you have the "Sport 20 Tunnel" class, the carb and Octura mount on Lances o/b should come off and and run it the way it comes and it should still be legal,, if you have that "it looks stock" class.

tim dont get twisted sport tunnel is stock and guess what down to the frickin motor mount it has to be stock down to the mount no one is pure bone stock so read the rules my mod on my tt is carb only so i do fit in the stock tunnel class if i choose to race mod class thats my paragative. but sport tunnel has to appear stock no one has seen a tt run in tcmbc just talk alot of smack and now im rippin races everyone jumps my butt? no mods tunnels piped novarossis and whatever you want to do

sport tunnel is bone stock even if you take off water fittings or change any motor charateristics its not stock, so its not up for interpretation mount motor and all must be stock in impba, i fit the parameters of stock minus my mod carb but either does anyone else so thats the way the cookie crumbles. if i were mod ide be lapping everyone i guess ill change my signiture because were all going to blow every fricking word out of proportion

"FOR THE FUN" lol

I don't know IMPBA classes too well but I thought you had a Sport 20 Tunnel class where the o/b had to appear stock. Lances TT o/b wouldn't even qualify for that due to the OS20J carb and possibly the addition of the Octura 3.5 mount. NAMBA has the Mod 20 and Stock 20 tunnel classes I know and would not tolerate any changes from a totally stock 20 o/b, None. In that bone stock state the TT would get killed on a regular basis by the XM in my neck-of-the-woods.

If you have the "Sport 20 Tunnel" class, the carb and Octura mount on Lances o/b should come off and and run it the way it comes and it should still be legal,, if you have that "it looks stock" class.
words of wisdom

everyone does wrong but holds others to a higher standard ?

i can do things different but why is he doing it

well i know if i came in dead last every race and won no trophys no one would say a fricking word

Easy there guys. No one needs to get bent out of shape here.

Lance, I dont even understand your post due to lack of punctuation, so I am not sure what sanction/class you guys are running or what you are upset about, so I will leave it at that.

Lets keep this civil so I dont have to lock it.

~ James

D

If its IMPBA, its "sport" tunnel, not "stock" tunnel. There can be modifications made to the inside, as long as the outside remains unchanged (just a rough summarization of the actual rules). The rules are fairly straight forward for the sport class.

If its not IMPBA, then carry on. :D

~ James
I stand corrected. You are right James we are IMPBA so it is sport 20 tunnel.

Lance CALM DOWN and listen to what the builder of your motor said. The OS carb on a TT does not apear stock on the outside. Therefore it does not qualify for the sport class.

How is a OS with the OS stock motor mount not capable of running in the sport class? You should read the rules AGAIN! :rolleyes:

RichD. is right leave it how it is and simply run it in the MOD class ( where it should have been running all year). If you want my opinion put the TT on that new TS3 you just got! Another would be to put the stock carb and motor mount on like Jerry suggested.

It's not how the cookie crumbles, they are the rules buddy. I didn't write them, just abide by them.

Lets all settle down and talk about the TT.... That is what this is supposed to be about or is it not??? Tim are you from MN? I might try to race my TT next year!!!!

Aren't the OS carb and the TT carb exactly the same bore? I thought for IMPBA sport tunnel it was based on go- no go guages? Also, the 20J carb is the same one used as what is on the OS 21XM, so I hardly see it as being an unfair advantage to running that carb. The simple fact is the TT carb needle valve is very touchy to tune, where as the OS is not. Would it be considered legal to cut the tapered part off the stock needle and use a different needle in line? If so, could he do that with the TT carb.

As for the engine mount, I'd put the stock one back on and use shims between the transom and the mount to set the pin angle. Then there is no argument!

LOL. This thread cracks me up. Like he said, if he was running at the back of the pack, it wouldnt even be an issue. Instead, since he is running well, he MUST be cheating!! LMAO! This happens in every form of racing, and I have to chuckle every time I see it. :lol:

Not exactly Tim, here are the IMPBA Sport Tunnel rules copied directly from the IMPBA rule book:

Sport Outboard Tunnel Rules

Engine and Hull Specifications

1. There shall be one engine class, Class B.

2. The Sport outboard class shall use tunnel boats only.

3. The Sport outboard tunnel class shall not lock down the engine or use any

auxiliary steering system.

4. Original carb bore and exhaust configuration will be retained as

manufactured. No modification to the carb bore or exhaust outlets will be

allowed.

5. No high performance exhaust systems (tuned pipes) will be allowed, even if

they are offered by the manufacturer of the engine. Clarification: the two

outlet exhaust / muffler chambers offered by K&B and O.S. are not

considered tuned pipes and will be allowed in the Sport outboard tunnel class.

Engine Specifications

1. Engines must be standard factory production with a minimum of 100 units

available for sale to the general public. To be eligible for the International

Regatta the engines must have been offered for sale to the general public not

less than ninety (90) days prior to that year's International Regatta.

2. The powerhead and lower unit must be of the same manufacturer and model.

3. The engine external parts shall remain as originally manufactured within

series except as shown in Part 4. Clarification: No water-cooled engine parts

shall be used with air-cooled engine parts. Common engine parts that are used

on both engines models may be interchanged. Slide valve exhaust adapters

may not be used with carburetor equipped engines.

4. The following exceptions will be allowed in the Sport Outboard Tunnel

specifications.

a. Adhesives (loctite), set screws and jam nuts.

b. Any carb linkage arms.

c. Any motor mount.

d. Any glow plug, fuel brand and mixture.

e. Any type steering arm.

f. Any flywheel nut.

g. The lower unit below the cavitation plate may be trimmed, sharpened

or polished. No material shall be added to the lower unit.

h. Adjustable mixture controls will be allowed, however the original

needle valve must remain in its original position.

Sport tunnel engine inspection procedures

The maximum carb bore and exhaust outlet bore size shall not exceed 0.320 inches. These

may be checked with a 'GO, NO-GO' gage or dial calipers. Note: It will be the contestant’s

responsibility to check and verify carb bore and exhaust outlet bores prior to the contest. Any

infraction concerning the carb or exhaust bore sizes will result in immediate disqualification

from the contest.

Not exactly Tim, here are the IMPBA Sport Tunnel rules copied directly from the IMPBA rule book:

Sport Outboard Tunnel Rules

c. Any motor mount.

So it appears that the Octura mount on the TT would be ok by that exception, no?

Lance,

I am saying this as a friend and so is brother. Please read the rules that are posted of by James.

Your carb is the only thing that is not legal per are IMPBA rules that we run under in the TCMBC. There is not one other member in are club that is in violation of the Sport Outboard tunnel rules.

Yes, we did not say anything at first because you were just learning. Now you have learned to setup that tunnel ok. So it is time to either put the TT carb on or move up to the "B"(mod)tunnel class if you wish to run it as it is now.

See you at Rick's next Saturday.

Back