This is low.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Olson

I just opened this e-mail and what I found was a new low in scams.

I don't know how many of you remember Ric Carpenter as he was a member here until his passing a few years ago.

Tonight I get this scam e-mail:

UK Debt Management Office

Eastcheap Court, 11 Philpot Lane,

London, EC3M 8UD,

United Kingdom.

Attention.

UK Management Dept are pleased to inform you that late Mr. Ric Carpenter, made you a beneficiary to a singular investment made on securities numbered on your behalf which has reached its maturity stage, meaning that at this juncture you have just accrued on a two years investment in the tune of Four Hundred and Ten Thousand British Pounds Sterling (£410,000GBP).

The fund in question were secured in an investment return on Securities which were rolled over in the past two years, it is presumed that your benefactor wanted to remain anonymous and detailed that you be notified only upon maturity of the said deposit. This may sound strange to you, but it is real and true. Being a widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply, maybe you were nominated to him by one of his numerous friends abroad who wished you good.

Late Mr. Ric Carpenter, until his death worked as an investor to the UK Management Dept London. According to him this money is to support humanitarian activities and to help the poor and the needy in your society. Basically, your e-mail was the only means of contacting you, based on the fact that our customer felt that it`s safer because only one person can own an e-mail address.

Further information shall be forwarded to you upon receipt of your mail requesting for the necessary perquisite needed to claim your funds as quick as possible. You are advised to respond to this e-mail

subject on your willingness to claim your funds.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Victoria Horgarth (Esq.)

Head of Legal Department.

It seems bad enough that his online account was hacked but to send this out, I am simply aghast and speechless.

Ron

Same thing here.

You have all the info at the top of the page.Contact the police fraud department and let them handle it.

I got emails saying that they have millions for me to send all my info and they would send the money.I said I will split the money ,you keep 1/2 and I will take the other and didn't here back from them.Sick low life

Dave Roach

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to send back a reply to the scumbag but got a Mailer-DAEMON back. It's just upsetting the levels they will drop to in order to steal someone's account knowing that they passed away too young and had me on their e-mail list knowing that I knew Ric.

It's sad enough that we lost an innovator in the hobby as he had a lot of things in the works and projects that he'd experiment with at the lake. One of his projects was the cool glow ignitor that Jim Irwin used to sell. He was working on a transducer system that you could run under water for timing or lap counting. Another thing was an electric attachment that sensed engine heat and adjust the flow of water according to what the engine needed.

I kind of doubted that Ric had this kind of money to invest. He did OK but before his passing he ran an electronics shop out of his home. I hadn't seen much of him after he moved from Kalamazoo's west side to Schoolcraft. We spent some late nights shooting the breeze on the phone with him telling me about what he had in the works. He does have a surviving wife so if he had any overseas investments you'd think that her name would have been on the paperwork. When the e-mail I sent bounced back, it was something that I expected.

I have receveid tons of that junkmail... don't waste your precious time replying...... ;) just delete them!

Gill

Latest posts

Back