THE BEAST!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK .......................Well here you go.........................Say hello to my little friend.

DSCN3957.JPG

DSCN3958.JPG

This is what it will look like. Just need to cut the channel for the cooling water and drill the water fitting holes.

The channel will run right on top of the squash band. 

No water on the top of the liner or case.

May also cut some inset for the button in the clamp ring to lower the sandwich some more.

DSCN3961.JPG

DSCN3962.JPG

DSCN3963.JPG

OK this is the final mock up.  Just need to finish off the .150 carb spray bar , install the new bearings and get the top bushed connecting rod installed.

DSCN3964.JPG

DSCN3965.JPG

David

I have the same vertical mill and lathe but nothing I do looks that good. I guess I need an indexing head for all the multiple screws and glow plugs. Congratulations.

Bill Hoch

David

I have the same vertical mill and lathe but nothing I do looks that good. I guess I need an indexing head for all the multiple screws and glow plugs. Congratulations.

Bill Hoch
All the holes where laid out using a center punch  a dial caliper and a desk top calculator. 

I use the pointed ends on the caliper as a compass to make the scratch marks for the layout. 

Make punch marks as you go to index the one end of the caliper points. 

Just have to take your time and check it all 3 times before you drill.

Test drilled the plug pattern 4 times before I got what I need to fit in the chamber.

No drawings made just measure and do it as you go.

Every thing I do is just with a set of calipers as I go off the top of my head.

I can hear the screams as some bite off the end of the tongue.............................................. :eek: :eek:

DSCN3966.JPG

DSCN3967.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing wrong with that when you know what you are doing you don't need to put it on paper just store it in your brain 

It's  a whole lot easier to find when you have to do it again 

Last edited by a moderator:
That carb is off the chain ! Lets see more pics of that thing . 
I am almost done with it. Just need to put the .150 ID 3/16 OD spray bar in it and run it on the wet flow box to get the spray bar set right.

I made it about 5 years ago when Less was wanting a big carb for the gas boats. 

You can see the scribe marks fro the calipers on the carb for lay up.

The adapter sitting lose is to mount it on a gas eng isolation block. 

Made a new on for this set up.

It is the same size as a .710 round carb.

Very simple design ...nothing fancy about it ..the spray bar size and placement are every thing in a carb set up.

The wet flow box will make setting it up a breeze.

Here you go bud!!!!!

DSCN3968.JPG

DSCN3969.JPG

DSCN3970.JPG

DSCN3971.JPG

DSCN3972.JPG

DSCN3973.JPG

Latest posts

Back