THE BEAST!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making things bigger means you are lowering crank case compression and with that big of engine I would think you would need all the compression in the crank case you could get to blow your fuel charge to maximum velocity to achieve all the power that motor could  make

I have some stuffing to do in the case and a ramp to build with some Devcon to get the flow up over the disk drive plate.

Not to worried about case stuffing. when the pipe takes over it means nothing.

Large case in a nitro eng is a good thing room to flow the liquid . A nitro eng flows more liquid than as in gas engs. Thy don't play by the same rules.

Wonder why some eng hole pistons?????

Yes the timing has changed and I will cut the disk to change it more.  Will open at BDC like all my engs. don't rely care when it closes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are a few pics in the case with the cylinder on it.

lots of room for the nitro to flow to the ports. 

DSCN3952.JPG

DSCN3953.JPG

Well got all the brass shims made for the jug and the front bearing housing. What a pain in the A$$

Bin playing around with the head design now that the jug is set and I can see the clearance at TDC.

Well Andy said try and stick 4 glow plugs in the head........YA OK NOW....

Well thy will fit in a flat top chamber and still have a 50% squash band.

SO lets go for it. 

Amazing what can fit in a 1.257 bore eng........

Wonder how much nitro I can lite off with 4 plugs in a 1.27...................... :rolleyes:

No big deal thy just make a small KLUNK.....................NEXT.....................

David,

What pipe are you going to run?

It should be a monster once the pipe pulls it all thru.

73 mm propeller?

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund

David,

What pipe are you going to run?

It should be a monster once the pipe pulls it all thru.

73 mm propeller?

Thanks For Sharing,

Mark Sholund
Andy said he has a pipe in mind with a .600 stinger ID.    Also a 2819/3 -38 bar ABC to play with.

Eric has one to try this week end with a 1.01 RS I worked out for him. Will see how much it loads a eng here soon.

It may be worth the price of admission just to come see how it works out Dave -

I wish ya the best, nobody can ever tell ya you didnt at least try  :eek:

Andy said he has a pipe in mind with a .600 stinger ID.    Also a 2819/3 -38 bar ABC to play with.

Eric has one to try this week end with a 1.01 RS I worked out for him. Will see how much it loads a eng here soon.
Eric's 101 pulled the 3 blade, but not with authority.  So maybe it will be a good starter prop for the Beast OPS.

Eric's 101 pulled the 3 blade, but not with authority.  So maybe it will be a good starter prop for the Beast OPS.
Well after seeing it pull that 6.9 H50 nothing will look good..........LOL

Now if the beast can pull it like that 1.01 pulls the H50 we will have something........

Hey Dave what’s the head button going to look like ? Are you using the 90 or 1.20 ? Are you cutting it down or changing the bowl size? 

Well got all the brass shims made for the jug and the front bearing housing. What a pain in the A$$

Bin playing around with the head design now that the jug is set and I can see the clearance at TDC.

Well Andy said try and stick 4 glow plugs in the head........YA OK NOW....

Well thy will fit in a flat top chamber and still have a 50% squash band.

SO lets go for it. 

Amazing what can fit in a 1.257 bore eng........

Wonder how much nitro I can lite off with 4 plugs in a 1.27...................... :rolleyes:
Charlie Siler

Back