THE BEAST!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it will be a flat disk with a chamber in it. that will have a disk of aluminum on top to clap it in place. The aluminum disk will have a small channel cut in it for cooling just the head. The piston will be about .009 from the top of the liner I think so nothing will protrude in to the cylinder. 

Will post some picks as I get closer to making the brass button.  

I have found a company to make up full complement bearings with the ceramic balls set to my specks also for the crank.

For about $35 not worth me even tying to make them. the balls would be more than that to buy.

https://www.ortechceramics.com/products/ceramic-bearings/hybrid-ceramic-bearings/hybrid-deep-groove-ball-bearings/6202-hybrid-ceramic-bearings-15x35x11/

Now to get back to the build. this is the chamber test cut.

.120 deep .887 OD 1.3cc

DSCN3956.JPG

OK made some test holes lay out in the chamber size limits and 4 plugs will not fit in a flat top chamber. So 3 plugs it will be.

Now if I was good I could fit 4 in a bowl chamber. BUT I'm not that good. Just a home garage hack with a OLD south bend 9" and a harbor freight mill.

O and the most important tool the Dremal. No hack would be complete with out that tool.

I want a flat top chamber any way. That is what has worked for me best so far in all my testing .

Last edited by a moderator:
So many grenades?????

So come on smart asses tell me how many R/C nitro eng have I blown up????

Want to here this BS............May be you all need to get your stories strait be fore you start trashing some one.

But then again trolls don't need to talk the truth thy would not have any relevance at all then.................. ;)

You all want to talk S#!T please go some where else.

If not then I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you choose

Me to I can't wait to see the 3 plugs in there that will be awesome  any body have any pics of more than 2 plug head keep the pictures coming of the build great work

So many grenades?????

So come on smart asses tell me how many R/C nitro eng have I blown up????

Want to here this BS............May be you all need to get your stories strait be fore you start trashing some one.

But then again trolls don't need to talk the truth thy would not have any relevance at all then.................. ;)

You all want to talk S#!T please go some where else.

If not then I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you choose
**** Dave , do I detect some ruffled crosshatch ??? All in fun we know you will thrash it till it blows !!  We all blow stuff up sooner or later  !!

10250041_451212295024864_3488868804416404892_n.jpg

Just gets old when some talk S#!T about all my eng blowing up. 

Only ever had one break a rod after many gallons of %60 run in it testing and that eng is back together and running like a champ.

Looks like this will be put on the shelf here soon again any way.

The boat has bin put on hold.

Will be building a new home in Oak Hill FL on the mosquito lagoon starting in Jan.

It will have a dedicated 18 x 22 air condition work shop man den with a view of the inter-coastal water way from the window.

Hope it will not sit for 5 year like the last time. But only time will tell.

So until then just dream about the BEAST. .......................... ^_^

LATER>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

David,

Sounds like a dream home. All the work you have done for Myself and Julian has

always been Top Notch stuff. I appreciate your knowledge and always wanting

to push the envelope further and further so we can all learn more in this crazy little 

hobby of R/C boats. All of Julian’s twins are running great thanks to you and your

set up skills. We just need to get that RS-EVO-45 powered Twin over 100 mph on the oval set up, 

and then maybe Julian can get up to Blue Lake for some more time trial action like he used to do?

Thanks For All You Do For Model Boating David.

Have A Safe Holiday Season,

Mark Sholund

Yeah thanks Wilfong ,I truly enjoy your ideas and attempts ,but it would be good to see the finished product in action...I still remember years ago your big block monohull you were attempting with a 80mph goal...I wait for that day,,although your new home sounds much better good luck with it all..

Yeah thanks Wilfong ,I truly enjoy your ideas and attempts ,but it would be good to see the finished product in action...I still remember years ago your big block monohull you were attempting with a 80mph goal...I wait for that day,,although your new home sounds much better good luck with it all..

that VAC 1.05 eng is in a rigger now. Dropped the rod at the first winter nitro race in open water day comming off the stand. 

Here it is after the rebuild and still running strong to this day.  It broke the 2717/38 ABC prop at the end of this run ending the ruining for the day. 

Back