TC 31

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black talon

well i've had mine for about 3 mnth's.i've opened relief holes in the back of the cowl.i covered them w/pieces i cut out of a lawn mower catch bag,the mat'l is loose enough to allow air out and tight enough to resist water.i overlayed the front plastic tabs w/ 1/16 aluminum. i started w/ a440/3 good handling and pretty good speed. next i went to a prather 225 and had a little better speed. next was an x445 better speed , a little unstable. then my head button dropped some metal into the piston face no more testing.i have a gps now so when my boat is back in the water i'm going to use my new garmin to get some real numbers.

well i've had mine for about 3 mnth's.i've opened relief holes in the back of the cowl.i covered them w/pieces i cut out of a lawn mower catch bag,the mat'l is loose enough to allow air out and tight enough to resist water.i overlayed the front plastic tabs w/ 1/16 aluminum. i started w/ a440/3 good handling and pretty good speed. next i went to a prather 225 and had a little better speed. next was an x445 better speed , a little unstable. then my head button dropped some metal into the piston face no more testing.i have a gps now so when my boat is back in the water i'm going to use my new garmin to get some real numbers.

The M445 is a killer prop for that boat.

i ran an octura x445 and got 35,0 mph i ran a prather ss 225 and got 35.4 mph. that was on 30%. are there any other props to try

Try M445, neutral trusth but full up the strut assembly. The M445 make the difference, is the best than X445 and P225. I test all its.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 42mph with a m445 and supertiger carb. Since that time I have blown that engine, but the rod thru the side of the case and the boat is pretty much a dust collector now. M445 was my favorite prop by far.

Paul

We came across the M-445/3 kind of by accident. At the Kalamazoo Fun Run we were going through my box of props and threw that one on for kicks. Jul's boat already has a little modding done on it like a fuel tank in the rear of the right sponson but the stock tank still in place then upped the nitro to 65%. On Mark Scott's radar gun we got just a hair under 40 MPH out of it.

I'm not saying that this is the hot prop for the TC-31 but it gave us the best speed that we got from what we had handy.

With a few other cheap or next to nothing tricks, 40+ should be easy to do.

Back