Super Charged .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwilfong

I have bin thinking again and have some things I would like to throw out there.

Took a good look at a super charger at the LHS and had an Idea. What if you used a rear intake vac set up and removed the drum or made a new back plate. run the SC to this with no intake valving and put the carb on the SC intake. Make a tube from the SC to the back plate of the eng.

The SC would keep the case under pressure and you would have full flow to the cly when the ports where open.

Would work like a reed with out the flutter at high RPM. there would be no back flow thew the carb the SC would be the gate.

Any thoughts on this.

David

Last edited by a moderator:
might work at wide open,,but i highly doubt it will even run at low rpm...the chargers arent goin to supply pressure at low rpm unless severely over driven...ive tried them...waste of time and money on any nitro engine...let the pipe do the super charging....

oh ya,,and it would never work as a reed replacment,,,it will not close of the crank case pressure,,,it will blow right back out the intake...

The pipe would still do the super charging. The Idea is to remove the intake valve from the system.

The eng will run with the intake valve set up missing. just ask any one who has for got to install the disk in a eng.

This would keep constant pressure in the case.

This would not be used as a super charger in the normal sense.

What eng and setup did you try it on?

Don't plan on running it slow. :D

David

I have run these superchargers on my .12 size geared outboard. The power increase was very impressive,but it wore out the piston/sleeve in the OS .12 in just 2 tanks of fuel. I have 2 left. I would sell one if you want to try it. I can make any adapters you might need.

I have had engines that were very hard to start because of a crankcase air leak, did not know that they would run without an intake valve of some sort..... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Charles

It will be hard to start I can grant you that. just have a feeling that it might pay off. no obstruction to the in coming flow and steady pressure in the case.

Just seams to me that this would be a great way of having constant flow in the ports filling the cylinder. the timing number in the eng will have to be adjusted to optimize this whole set up.

There will be some backward flow but with a long intake track to the charger and carb it should cushion it with volume.

On the Honda V twin 500 turbo thy had a expansion chamber on the intake side to do this same thing.

David

24g5e1u.gif

Just bustin Balls bro !!

Why are we talking about motors? The thread title is 'Supper Charged' Doesn't that mean you get an extra slice of pizza at dinner or something?

Just sayin!

:)

YA

Why are we talking about motors? The thread title is 'Supper Charged' Doesn't that mean you get an extra slice of pizza at dinner or something?

Just sayin!

:)
YA YA pushed the key with out checking the spell check. only picks it up if it's spelled wrong.

gott a twitchy finger. :unsure:

Ya mean CX500TC, Got one in tha shop, Helping a friend with resto........

Yes there is a chamber on the boost side

Gene

pic edit

A turbine uses the impeller to keep the thrust going in the right direction and to create a compression chamber.

And a ram jet has no moving part you can look right threw it. once you get it moving it takes on a life of its own.

This reverts back to my post about the speed of the piston and dose this air make the trip.

I think that with the flow and pressure build up. The SC would act as a valve per say.

Ever try to piss in the wind. :huh:

The trick will be how much pressure will it take to keep it in the case to start and run at a reasonably slow speed.

David

24g5e1u.gif

Just bustin Balls bro !!
remember Tom I can see the flow.

I think it's more like flash backs. B)

Did I ever tell you about my theory of undulation. -_-
tommy, when he is done, could you please pass the pipe this way.i have the turbo torch ready! :D
YUL SEE YUL SEE!!!!! I will dominate and take over the whole RC boat world some day then you will be sorry you mocked me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your Sicilian VOODOO won't work on me. I have cannoli to protect me. HA!!

Now if we can get back to the topic at hand.

David

Latest posts

Back