SpeedWeek @ Blue Lake is back!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go for it Bob! That record was set with a .46 engine with a "very sloppy" piston fit. (slow record) It should be around 80-mph but I don't think you can do that with the 460. The boat I gave you with the removable sponsons is the fastest tunnel you have. It should go 80 with the E & F engine. I just don't understand why you are not using it.

Go for it Bob! That record was set with a .46 engine with a "very sloppy" piston fit. (slow record) It should be around 80-mph but I don't think you can do that with the 460. The boat I gave you with the removable sponsons is the fastest tunnel you have. It should go 80 with the E & F engine. I just don't understand why you are not using it.
Hey Tommy!!! I hope you are doing well. Not sure if you remember me. It has been a long long time. I used to burn up your ear many years ago asking advice, racing your many designs, and I have missed our times at the many boat races where we ran together. You were my mentor then and when I returned to rc boat racing 4 years ago I started asking how you and Beth were doing. Im really happy to see your posts on this thread and hope to see you at a race sometime soon!!! Just so you know, I agree with your post. I picked up your record setting hull from Bob a couple of years ago along with your straightaway and oval sponsons. I also have your wooden 20 tunnel you built. I have plans to install a Novarossi 46 on that 40 tunnel sometime soon and would love to work with you again to raise that old record of yours even higher if you would be interested. Would love to keep that record intact with both the original design, and the original designer!!! PM me sometime and I will call you to catch up. FYI, I pulled one of my 460's you built for me years ago out of storage and mounted a Nova 46 on the back. It has won the last two major races, 2015 Fall Nats and 2016 Winter Nitro Nats. Congrats my friend on a design that is still winning today!!!!!....
default_smile.png

Remember this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome photo Ron!
Thanks Andy. I have lots of old pics I need to post sometime. I have some pics somewhere of you and my old friend Maynard Cagle down in Atlanta. This pic if my memory serves me correctly, right to left, Tommy Lee (wife beth calling), Mike Talley (caller not sure), Driver in orage jacket can't remember (caller not sure), John Porter (Harry Harper calling), John Otto (caller not sure), and on the end Karl Sturm.

Ok....I do have the video of Martin's Record run.

The memory limit here prevented a download and it was

to big to successfully email so I just setup my first YouTube video.

Here is the link....please let me know if it works for everyone.

Thanks,

Ken

Ron-I don't remember this but maybe in Atlanta?? The man in the orange jacket next to mike talley is George keene-nice guy!!

It's beautiful today. Wind has died down some allowing us to finally run. Every time I start recording someone's run their boat dies within a lap. With that, I've stopped recording,

Not much news today. The wind was calm, the timing equipment was setup before sunrise, but I couldn't run until folks showed up to witness. I got one run it with the .12 boat before the wind started. Same deal as before...back and forth real easy at 94, but didn't get any more. The guys with the bigger boats were able to run on and off most of the day, but no records were set. The wind was the winner today! Tomorrow should be better!

GQ

Ron-I don't remember this but maybe in Atlanta?? The man in the orange jacket next to mike talley is George keene-nice guy!!
Tommy- Yes, I remember him, couldnt remember his name.

Glenn,

Maybe tomorrow will bring better conditions. Good luck to you and the others. Keep us updated.

Ok....I do have the video of Martin's Record run.

The memory limit here prevented a download and it was

to big to successfully email so I just setup my first YouTube video.

Here is the link....please let me know if it works for everyone.

Thanks,

Ken

Martin that's one bad ride. Especially for 45's.

Tommy I liked the third channel George had connected to the Drivers arm in his tunnels. After the race he would come by close to the bank and wave at the kids.

Fun Times.

Martin, nice run!!! Next thing you know, Stan will be building a twin???? Good luck down at the beach this week and next. Henry

Glenn,

I hope today will be your day with the wind finally turning to the east. Had a good time but the wind was relentless in the 4 days we were there. We'll be back and the pond will have a new retrieve boat courtesy of the Florida boys. I hope every one will thank Glenn and do all we can to get him back. That means financial and logistical help. Just remember the shorter drive home and fuel savings over Huntsville. Congrats to all who set records this week.

Mic & Jay

Friends we have perfect water today, and I have finally had enough runs to get the 12 dialed in! My best 2 way average is 2.309 which is 97.444 mph! Yeah!!! I am so blessed! Another super cool thing (at least to me!) is that I have made two passes at over 100! One was 101.214 and the other was 103.830!

More later got to get back to running!

GQ

Friends we have perfect water today, and I have finally had enough runs to get the 12 dialed in! My best 2 way average is 2.309 which is 97.444 mph! Yeah!!! I am so blessed! Another super cool thing (at least to me!) is that I have made two passes at over 100! One was 101.214 and the other was 103.830!

GQ
Atta Boy, GQ!!

JD

GQ

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is really amazin'.... 100 MPH patch with a .12....

You deserve it....you worked hard for it....

Look for more while you have the water.....

If u can get some video .....

Later,

Rod

Latest posts

Back